PDA

View Full Version : If Assassin's Creed had a Difficulty Setting such as this...

phoenix-force411
12-23-2011, 12:52 PM
The AC Difficulty Setting would be something like this:

RECRUIT(EASY MODE)
ASSASSIN(NORMAL MODE)
MASTER ASSASSIN(HARD MODE)
MENTOR(CHAOS MODE)

What do you think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TURBO-BS
12-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:

RECRUIT(EASY MODE)
ASSASSIN(NORMAL MODE)
MENTOR(CHAOS MODE)

What do you think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mweh, a difficulty mode just doesn't seem right.

Skuldpt
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM

RECRUIT(EASY MODE)
ASSASSIN(NORMAL MODE)
MENTOR(CHAOS MODE)

Honestly no

dxsxhxcx
12-23-2011, 03:02 PM
the name each difficulty mode will have is the last thing I'm worried about, they can call the hard mode "Hello Kitty style" that I wouldn't mind, as long as each difficulty provide enough challenge (or lack of it in the easiest modes for those who prefer this way) to the player, they can call them whatever they want...

LightRey
12-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I never cared for difficulty settings, but if it'll finally shut up the people that keep complaining about the games being too easy then by all means implement it.

ProdiGurl
12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I never cared for difficulty settings, but if it'll finally shut up the people that keep complaining about the games being too easy then by all means implement it.

Probly why it's needed but all it will probably do is cause people to complain if the setting is exactly to their liking.

"The hardest mode is way too easy for me, you suck UBI!"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

phoenix-force411
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Probly why it's needed but all it will probably do is cause people to complain if the setting is exactly to their liking.

"The hardest mode is way too easy for me, you suck UBI!"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I have always agreed that AC shouldn't have a difficulty as well. I posted this thread just to show if AC ever implemented a Difficulty feature into it, it might look something like this, but I gotta say these are cool names for the difficulties too.

thekarlone
12-23-2011, 06:32 PM
AC Difficulty Setting = disaster.

LightRey
12-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm actually somewhat surprised by how many people seem to be opposed to the concept of a difficulty setting.

BradKinn
12-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Difficulty settings or not the gameplay needs to be way more engaging. The combat manages to be boring and frustrating at the same time where enemies are somehow less than incredibly easy to kill but they'll still grab you and break your combo without anyway to avoid it. And the traversal is mindless as you just hold the stick foward while sprinting and you'll be able to head in any direction faster than any planning or coordination could get you. And the assassinations are drek, in AC1 you actually had to plan out your hits and there were many ways to go about it. AC2 and onward is essentially ' See those beams sticking out of the wall? You freerun up those and do an air assassination on your target. What's that? You don't want to do that? Well I suppose you could just fight all of the guards and get 50% sync. What's that? No, there's no other way to do it that isn't some variation of the 2 options previously discussed '

SolidSage
12-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Ac already has difficulty settings, they're called:
- Use/don't use recruits
- do or don't buy armor
- do/don't use medicine
- yes/no to weapon upgrades
- to crossbow or not to crossbow
- Lock dens yes or no
- probably more but I think it's clear enough that the game already allows you to tailor the difficulty to your personal level of comfort.

kriegerdesgottes
12-23-2011, 08:36 PM

RECRUIT(EASY MODE)
ASSASSIN(NORMAL MODE)
MENTOR(CHAOS MODE)

Nah, a difficulty setting is just not necessary but like rey said, if it'll get people to stop crying about difficulty I almost wouldn't care.

Velvit
12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
- Use/don't use recruits
- do or don't buy armor
- do/don't use medicine
- Lock dens yes or no
- probably more but I think it's clear enough that the game already allows you to tailor the difficulty to your personal level of comfort. How is hindering yourself the same as a difficulty setting?

Pdavis3
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
^ lol.

As for a difficulty setting, it would all depend on how they work it. Imo AC would be a better game if it was harder. And it wasnt meant to be super easy game at the beginning but changed into that with time. So im not against or for a difficult setting but Id like to see what Ubisoft does for AC3

SolidSage
12-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Velvit:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:
- Use/don't use recruits
- do or don't buy armor
- do/don't use medicine
- Lock dens yes or no
- probably more but I think it's clear enough that the game already allows you to tailor the difficulty to your personal level of comfort. How is hindering yourself the same as a difficulty setting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you hinder yourself when you select 'insane' instead of 'normal'?

AC's approach is simply an evolution of difficulty parameters, that allow players to adjust the difficulty in game by making a variety of different choices, rather than one of three or four specific settings. You can adjust it easier a bit at a time, using the recruits for example in a dire situation rather than accepting the time waste of a desynch and reload, and then, after clearing the moment that was too difficult by using the crutch, continue the game at the previous difficulty setting.
That has to be better than going to option screens continually to adjust the difficulty from easy to normal, or playing the entire thing on easy, then going through again on norm etc.

I too would like the gamw to be even harder, but I believe that issue needs to be addressed through AI variants and density along with the, whats it called, anonymity gage...awareness meter? Whatever, guards should be more aware, hostile and tenacious.

ProdiGurl
12-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
^ lol.

As for a difficulty setting, it would all depend on how they work it. Imo AC would be a better game if it was harder. And it wasnt meant to be super easy game at the beginning but changed into that with time. So im not against or for a difficult setting but Id like to see what Ubisoft does for AC3

The problem I see is for AC noobs.
When I was new & started w/ ACB, I about had a stroke from the extreme frustration.

Go around Youtube walkthru's & read the furious comments about the level of difficulty & confusing ROmulus Lairs - esp. anything timed.

AC3 is a title that many can break into the series with (much more than Revelations, the last of a trilogy)...

What's easy for AC fans can be a real nightmare for newer people.

I don't mind a difficulty level - I think it might solve alot of complaints, but Ijust know it will trigger more complaining becuz it isn't customized to their individual level or something.

eagleforlife1
12-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Why would Rebecca want to apply a difficulty setting to the animus? She wants Desmond to be as quick as possible finding the information that they need. She is not going to waste her time implementing such a setting and Desmond is not going to waste his time playing as Ezio in hard mode http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Why would Rebecca want to apply a difficulty setting to the animus? She wants Desmond to be as quick as possible finding the information that they need. She is not going to waste her time implementing such a setting and Desmond is not going to waste his time playing as Ezio in hard mode http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

stop seeing everything as if it were part of the story, they could add the option to choose the difficulty we want to play BEFORE the game/story even start if that's the case...

LordWolv
12-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshuathao64:

RECRUIT(EASY MODE)
ASSASSIN(NORMAL MODE)
MENTOR(CHAOS MODE)

Honestly no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pdavis3
12-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
^ lol.

The problem I see is for AC noobs.
When I was new & started w/ ACB, I about had a stroke from the extreme frustration.

Go around Youtube walkthru's & read the furious comments about the level of difficulty & confusing ROmulus Lairs - esp. anything timed.

AC3 is a title that many can break into the series with (much more than Revelations, the last of a trilogy)...

What's easy for AC fans can be a real nightmare for newer people.

I don't mind a difficulty level - I think it might solve alot of complaints, but Ijust know it will trigger more complaining becuz it isn't customized to their individual level or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why were you going to have a stroke???

I see it as, no matter what game it is just taking your time at it and you will get better. If they make AC3 a game where if u get hit once and die a lot of ppl would die at first but then get used to it. Just like looking at other games i've played, this is me tho. Dark souls, AC1, Skyrim, Gears, Battlefield, I may have not started okay in skill but I became better over time. You can play AC3 having it the hardest game of the series, but after a few game sessions usually ppl adapt to the difficulty.

how was the lairs confusing??? The time thing is always lame, cuz it makes you rush through things. Unless your suppose to catch someone, i'd rather look around the lairs and enjoy what the devs had put hard work into.

Honestly, i don't think ppl should jump into a series without playing the other games. When i say this i mean, they shouldn't buy AC3 on the game day when they thought about getting before and had a chance to try out the other games to see if they would really like it. still for that ppl adapt to games even if they are hard at first.

For the setting, AC1 didn't have that but as the game went on guards become more aggressive because they knew there was an assassin about. Unlike any of the other games, I think.

phoenix-force411
12-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skuldpt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshuathao64:

RECRUIT(EASY MODE)
ASSASSIN(NORMAL MODE)
MENTOR(CHAOS MODE)

Honestly no </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, I have never agreed even now that such a difficulty setting should be implemented into the game. It just doesn't seem right. I posted this thread just to see if people would hate a difficulty setting or not. But yes, I still disagree to the difficulty setting.

eagleforlife1
12-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

stop seeing everything as if it were part of the story, they could add the option to choose the difficulty we want to play BEFORE the game/story even start if that's the case... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose that could happen. I'm just said that as an example because I hate the idea of a difficulty level. Keep that for games like CoD.