PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to start an URUlive neighborhood with me?

Schweppes_Ale
11-22-2003, 03:02 PM
The questions answers for itself. Who wants to help out with it? I think we should have a forum age/neighborhood. Only let in people who post on the forums. Kinda close knit bunch on the forums. I know im new but if we can get a bunch of people that would do that will be cool.

If this works we can start some things, get some guilds together or do stuff as a group. Sounds good to anyone?

Sound off!

"Myst aint for tots."

Schweppes_Ale
11-22-2003, 03:02 PM
The questions answers for itself. Who wants to help out with it? I think we should have a forum age/neighborhood. Only let in people who post on the forums. Kinda close knit bunch on the forums. I know im new but if we can get a bunch of people that would do that will be cool.

If this works we can start some things, get some guilds together or do stuff as a group. Sounds good to anyone?

Sound off!

"Myst aint for tots."

Zard0z
11-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Sounds good, Im in. Hey, why dont they let us run our own servers, just low capacity ones with the desert map and floating home hut map enabled so we can invite guests over and such?

Alahmnat
11-22-2003, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zard0z:
Sounds good, Im in. Hey, why dont they let us run our own servers, just low capacity ones with the desert map and floating home hut map enabled so we can invite guests over and such?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you can name me one persistent-world MMOG that allows this, I'll give you a cookie.

----------
Alahmnat
Guild of Archivists, DPWR.NET (http://www.dpwr.net)
Uru Forum Moderator, Community Assistant

Zard0z
11-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Money man stands at the door, pay to play, no freebies kids. Welcome to America...

meyoline
11-22-2003, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alahmnat:
If you can name me one persistent-world MMOG that allows this, I'll give you a cookie.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Good point

Schweppes_Ale
11-22-2003, 03:10 PM
......Zard0z, i think you're the one exception, forums trolls are not allowed :-). Anyone else?

"Myst aint for tots."

Naquiel
11-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Alahmnat, I think NWN is pretty close to having your own server for special adventures, but i could be wrong.

Support bactiria-its the only culture some people have.

Naquiel
11-22-2003, 03:14 PM
As for the neighborhood, im currently making my own Hood in live as we speak, but there is a bug that needs fixing first.

Support bactiria-its the only culture some people have.

Zard0z
11-22-2003, 03:14 PM
I know that it has nothing to do with the games technological capabilities. The best examples I can point to come from the games of the great free days of quake I-III and HL. When modders made stuff from open source code and anyone could run a server, many of which are still in use today. A MMOG server is exactly the same with greater bandwidth allowances for greater numbers of clients. Do you think that this entire world is housed on only one server?

maztec
11-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Naquiel, yah NWN is close. But if I understand the concept right it's more a system that uses your system to spread out their resources. So it's more of a peer to peer with a big central server that does most of the work.

meyoline
11-22-2003, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schweppes_Ale:
......Zard0z, i think you're the one exception, forums trolls are not allowed :-). Anyone else?

"Myst aint for tots."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm tempted to say yes, but I think I'd want to explore the game a little before commiting to something ike that. That, and Im not even in live yet, lol

Zard0z
11-22-2003, 03:24 PM
To break from my usual ranting nature, if what you say is true, then, hey that is a good idea. Credit where credit is due.

Zard0z
11-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Ok, that was vague, its in response to the load handling scheme mentioned by Manz.

Schweppes_Ale
11-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah i gotcha meyoline, but hey if things workout, and you want to do somethin and get people together, why not? I'll keep this thread in mind once we all get into live.

"Myst aint for tots."