PDA

View Full Version : pioners

retep1951
07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
am right in thinking that pioners can expand borders by moving the red border markers? if so can they be moved so that i can get at resources unobtainble by building towers?

also i cannot find anything that increases carriers or builders- cam i ? if so how? ther is nothing about it in the manual which is generally uselss

retep1951
07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
am right in thinking that pioners can expand borders by moving the red border markers? if so can they be moved so that i can get at resources unobtainble by building towers?

also i cannot find anything that increases carriers or builders- cam i ? if so how? ther is nothing about it in the manual which is generally uselss

pennyuk
07-08-2007, 11:41 AM
The answer is yes to your first question,thats primarily what Pioneers are for.

On the left of your screen is where you change the amount of carriers/builders/set transportation.

I think the Settlers menu is the one with a pic of 2 heads.

retep1951
07-08-2007, 12:05 PM
thanks, can i move pioneers to move the red markers at a particular spot aalso why do some guys cary a packard with a red circle with a bar across it?

pennyuk
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
You can send Pioneers where you want to take land,but to clear a large area requires lots of pioneers.

The Settlers carrying the boards with the circle with a red line through it,are on strike,that means you have too many Settlers for the amount of beds you have,you need to build more residences as they wont work until you do.

retep1951
07-09-2007, 04:32 AM
thanks, what does a pioneer look like so that i can select some?

megg
07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
retep did you take the time to work your way through the tutorials?

Perhaps you could spend some time studying the menus, as well. By holding the cursor over each icon, it tells you what it is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

retep1951
07-09-2007, 12:06 PM
i just wish the manual explained all tese things

retep1951
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megg:
retep did you take the time to work your way through the tutorials?

Perhaps you could spend some time studying the menus, as well. By holding the cursor over each icon, it tells you what it is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in one tutorial -6 it says now turn your pionereeers into carriers but it does not say how

interesting idea - for game controls figure it out for yourself don't expect a manual to help you

megg
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I just worked through that tutorial - it is a little tricky.

Highlight the pioneers and move them inside the newly cleared area. Making sure that you are actually working in that area, go to the Settlers/Specialiats menus and then use the down arrow to turn the pioneers back into carriers.

Then you are asked to turn some of them into builders and diggers. Do this by using the Settlers/Basic Occupations menu.