PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft announces new release date for Lockdown

UbiRazz
05-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Today Ubisoft, one of the world€s largest videogame publishers, announced that Tom Clancy€s Rainbow Six: Lockdown, the fourth installation of the multi-million unit selling franchise, will ship worldwide in September 2005 for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and the Nintendo GameCube. The PC-CD Rom, developed by Red Storm Entertainment, is scheduled for an early 2006 release.

The developers are continuing to focus on polishing the game during this time and will be available for a US IRC Chat on 12th May, 2005 at 5 pm (San Francisco time). During this hour session, fans will have a chance to ask in-depth questions to members of the development teams.

Live chat:

Irc Network: irc.gamesurge.net
Public Irc Channel: #rainbowsix
You can download an IRC client at http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/

If you can't take part in the session, you can still ask your questions in advance and get the chance to have them answered.

Post your questions below and we will add them to a list and try to get them answered for you.

XyZspineZyX
05-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info Raz, at least now we all know what time scale were looking at, rather than guess work.

Im happy to wait if it means a more polished game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

fleisch_is
05-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Hello,
Ive got a few questions as it goes,

1) will lockdown be out for the xbox 360?
2) why such a large delay on a product that was meant to have been ready for review in march!
3) will that grenade parabola ive read about be optional?! cause it would ruin xbox live in my opinion.

thanks

Le Tigre
05-10-2005, 01:34 PM
In all seriousness, not an effort to be a pain in the old butt, Is there any point in us PC gamers asking PC specific questions? Or will they just be ignored?

Id like to know if we will see replays.

Are we getting lockdown, or a whole new game?

When can we expect to see some PC specific info?

Who (specifically) is making the PC version?

Are they currently working on the PC version, or is that what they will work on after the other versions have been released?

JebusBDC
05-10-2005, 02:28 PM
wow, that must crank your first quarter numbers. im not going to hold my breath again

Chaos Ronin AE
05-10-2005, 02:56 PM
according to the wise guys it is red storm that is developing the PC version. I don't put any stock into anything UBI says any more. They'll find another reason to delay it. "With timesplitters coming out approximately the same time, we feel that the game should be pushed back" "with our heads up our butt, we feel what we should delay the game until 2007."

Blah blah blah. It's all the same lies. UBI, let us know when you're going to do something for real, instead of crying wolf. We were told we'd have these games back in 2004 by mid June. Now you expect us to believe that they will be out at all? Seriously. When the game doesn't go platium or even gold in the first 2 months, will you blame the economy or yourselves?

Kev5890
05-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Will we still get that xbox live amazing experience? Because in RB63 for xbox live i could play 5 hours a day. But in blackarrow I cannot play it anymore because its getting boring.

Why September, I mean your not far away from the xbox 360 release. Why not make a huge impact on the xbox 360?

Im a little dissapointed because i wanted to see this come out on xbox 360 in all of its glory. Kinda sucks

inappropriate
05-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Question for the Red Storm devs, how is the PC version progressing?

Many fans of the Series are a little disturbed by the game being steered towards consoles.

Can you provide us with any news on the PC version, and the key ways that it will differ from the console versions.

Thank you.

R.I.P-Sanchez
05-11-2005, 07:42 AM
First of all, i would like to thank you for a finally responds on the question of all the players, when Lockdown will get released.

Now my question is:" How is it possible, when i asked in the beginning of this year, to people of the stores (in the Netherlands), when Lockdown got released for the PC, they all had the same answer MARCH 2005?
And now we get to hear the release of the PC version is almost 1 year later.

artofdecay
05-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Questions:

1. Why does there always seem to be a lack of communication about UBI projects?

2. How does Lockdown stack up against the barrage of FPS coming out shortly like Black Hawk Down, America's Army?

3. How has the netcode improved over previous iterations?

4. What motivation would a person who intends on purchasing the new xbox at launch have to get a brand new game like Lockdown a mere two months before they have to shell out 300 or so for a new system?

5. What aspects has the devel. team been working on since the delay? Any changes or new features? What are we going to see at E3?

clarkey1979
05-12-2005, 02:05 AM
I hope someone from Ubisoft reads these forums.

If you do, please take note that what you are doing is crazy, at least from the xbox point of view.
XBOX 360 is due for release October and you expect people will shell out good money for a delayed game that they will play for a few weeks?
Come on! You say that you did this for financial reasons because you did not want 2 big games out at the same time, well I am sorry but I wont be buying lockdown now and I know a lot of people on the xboxlive comunity that feel the same as me.

Get the game out in June and you will cash in, if the game needs polishing let your gamers try it and feed back to you what needs to be done!

I play black arrow on line just about every day, and quite frankly need something new so come on release whatever you were going to release in March!

Thanks.

UbiRazz
05-12-2005, 04:27 AM
Anymore for anymore? I'm going to have to close this in a couple of hours..

UbiRazz
05-12-2005, 07:28 AM
All closed, sorry if you've missed out!

There'll be another thread shortly where you can ask questions too.

Le Tigre
05-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey Razz, do you know if there will be a Transcript of the IRC chat post here or on the site?

albrozdud3
05-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Le Tigre:
Hey Razz, do you know if there will be a Transcript of the IRC chat post here or on the site?

Dunk UK already posted one.

UbiRazz
05-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Once I receive a chatlog from my US counterpart I'll post it on the official website http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Myth2k7
05-13-2005, 08:04 PM
September?

That wont help sales... thats just gonna murder em. Unless youre getting it for the PS2... getting it on the xbox would be pointless to say the least.

dougal23
05-14-2005, 12:31 PM
hey when the hell is this games coming out it comes out june it comes out 2006 now wtf how bout u make the game not polish it have a download content thing for that **** we want a game not a back up of 1 year

Le Tigre
05-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks Razz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

soyelrambo
05-16-2005, 12:55 AM
what? xbox 360 wont play the old games? is this right? and also!! I only see one controller connector for the new xbox. what's the deal?
and yeah! we do need something new.. and also, stop releasing those stuped package that people have to buy. I already spent $10.00 bucks. and none of my friends play the new maps. its stuped. give them away for free for gods sake. we spend enough money on xbox and xbox games(microsoft) and by the way. ghost recon sucked. I spent so much money and the stuped thing dont work. keeps giving people an error. come on! what are you guys doing over there in SAn Carlos, California. GET TO WORK!!!!! or Sony will gain edge. watch out!!!!

Black_Knight_1
05-16-2005, 02:24 PM
As much as im gutted anout it being next year, Im glad a date has eventually been confirmed.

JebusBDC
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
First Answer, wireless controllers, secondly you mean montreal,Qubec,Canada. for lockdown anyway.

JebusBDC
05-16-2005, 02:31 PM
lockdown better be for the 360, otherwise ubi just shot themselves in the foot.

Chaos Ronin AE
05-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown on Xbox 360, NO, directly from the UBI chat hosted the other day. They have NO plans for Lockdown to be introduced on the new Xbox coming out in November. Will they have a game coming soon for the Xbox 360? probably same time as the pc game, but they aren't making any promises either way.

So Xboxers, what do you have to say about that? Only on the original Xbox will you be able to play Lockdown.

DimDagger
05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, it doesn't really matter at all unless you plan to sell your xbox when the 360 is released...

tonymontana45br
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Well Razz can u at least answer this, at the microsoft e3 convetion yesterday they said xbox 360 will only be BC, backwards compatible with top xbox games, well will this be one of the games for BC, if it is i will put another 50 on lockdown, by the way a few days ago i took money off it and put it on 360, which will most likely be released before this, because with the great ubisoft who wants to make a great game(by the way they have never made one before) it will be pushed back to march next yr

e.eastern
05-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Why is the pc-cd rom not released at the same time, as Playstation, x-box etc.

we need that game NOW...
Ravenshield is not playable anymore for a hounest player. (no new patches for about a year) So i`m really looking forward to a new game, were all is equal again! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

lockdown-dude
06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
YAYY i cant wait until lockdown comes out! when is the exact release day for xbox?????? :P

Myth2k7
06-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Sigh... guess ill just wait for the R63 after lockdown...

Huge dissapointment ubi, youre gonna release the new R6 BEFORE the 360's launch, just dissapointing.

Oh well, always got GR3 to look forward to.