PDA

View Full Version : problem placing "zonepoint" (tangos) in my map

jwprock
02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
i am hoping this is the correct forums were to ask this question? am new here. so here goes

following rvsmaps.com tutorials on how to make a cusom terrain (and pretty much every thing elts........) i am working on a map were. everytime i try to

(Let's place some terrorists. Open the actor class browser, expand "R6DeploymentZone", and select "R6DZonePoint". Right click somewhere in the 2nd room and choose "Add R6DZonePoint Here".)

it wont place it on my "terrain" instead it places it (on my 2d map side or front view- at the top of my deducted area and centered.)

however if i try to place it on a section of my map that i have "built" ..with my brush it will allow me to place it.

whew this is tough to explain i hope i am getting a clear picture of whats going on here across???

so, an atempt to describe it just typing would be.

when i deduct an area with my red brush , or inside a deducted area i build a room, i can place a zone point (a terrorists spawn).
but anywere i build a "terrain" basically above and inside a deducted area of my red brush. when i try to right click and "place zone pont here" it .........."defailts" and puts it atop my world, basically the highest line i have in front or right view of my deducted red brush in my "graph" .

now i can then move him .down so he would stand on the terrain and then place him to were i want him to........... but..... how come i "cant" place him "HERE" when i am right clicking and "trying to place here" ????

on the "teerain" and only were the "red builder brush" has made a room or deducted a room?

ok enough rambleing if anyone can make sense of this and "help" me or ask a question for futher explanation i will go from their

thanks so much

jwprock
02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
i am hoping this is the correct forums were to ask this question? am new here. so here goes

following rvsmaps.com tutorials on how to make a cusom terrain (and pretty much every thing elts........) i am working on a map were. everytime i try to

(Let's place some terrorists. Open the actor class browser, expand "R6DeploymentZone", and select "R6DZonePoint". Right click somewhere in the 2nd room and choose "Add R6DZonePoint Here".)

it wont place it on my "terrain" instead it places it (on my 2d map side or front view- at the top of my deducted area and centered.)

however if i try to place it on a section of my map that i have "built" ..with my brush it will allow me to place it.

whew this is tough to explain i hope i am getting a clear picture of whats going on here across???

so, an atempt to describe it just typing would be.

when i deduct an area with my red brush , or inside a deducted area i build a room, i can place a zone point (a terrorists spawn).
but anywere i build a "terrain" basically above and inside a deducted area of my red brush. when i try to right click and "place zone pont here" it .........."defailts" and puts it atop my world, basically the highest line i have in front or right view of my deducted red brush in my "graph" .

now i can then move him .down so he would stand on the terrain and then place him to were i want him to........... but..... how come i "cant" place him "HERE" when i am right clicking and "trying to place here" ????

on the "teerain" and only were the "red builder brush" has made a room or deducted a room?

ok enough rambleing if anyone can make sense of this and "help" me or ask a question for futher explanation i will go from their

thanks so much