PDA

View Full Version : SCDA [PC] temporary freezes

Resurr3ction
03-31-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I recently bought SCDA and I encountered few serious problems with it. I somewhat sorted it out, but one last issue persist.

First, the game completely freezed my computer after loading the into the game. After few seconds my monitor shut down (the very same thing doeas SC1 and SCPT to me. I figured it out, it was due to my dual-core processor, so I bind the process to only one CPU and it's fine.

Second, now in literally every 5 minutes the game freezes for several seconds (just like in first case) but after that it is going on with no problem. The sounds get in loop in it so I guessed it was sound driver or acceleration. But nor disabling audio acceleration in DirectX, nor latest drivers helped much.

My specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2160 @ 2880mhz
2x1024MB RAM
HD 3870 512MB (latest drivers catalyst 8.3)
200GB HD
WinXP 32-bit SP2
DX latest update

I'd be grateful for any idea what to do. Thanks in advance!

Resurr3ction
03-31-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I recently bought SCDA and I encountered few serious problems with it. I somewhat sorted it out, but one last issue persist.

First, the game completely freezed my computer after loading the into the game. After few seconds my monitor shut down (the very same thing doeas SC1 and SCPT to me. I figured it out, it was due to my dual-core processor, so I bind the process to only one CPU and it's fine.

Second, now in literally every 5 minutes the game freezes for several seconds (just like in first case) but after that it is going on with no problem. The sounds get in loop in it so I guessed it was sound driver or acceleration. But nor disabling audio acceleration in DirectX, nor latest drivers helped much.

My specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2160 @ 2880mhz
2x1024MB RAM
HD 3870 512MB (latest drivers catalyst 8.3)
200GB HD
WinXP 32-bit SP2
DX latest update

I'd be grateful for any idea what to do. Thanks in advance!