PDA

View Full Version : Beta or demo update?

KarmaColossus
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I simply cant wait for this game.. but waiting my *** off until november is hard.. any chance of an update on when a beta could be held.. how to get in.. etc?

also, how many people does the multiplayer on this game support?
i heard it was 24, which is kinda sad compared to the 40 on reistance.. speaking of which.. *plays*

mornelithe
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Multiplayer is indeed 24, I've not heard anything new on the demo/beta side though. Would definitely sign up for it though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KarmaColossus
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
dont you think at least 32 would have been better...

common free radical, you guys own fps games,you need to challenge halo3's online, thats the only way to compare to it, because halo is known for its multiplayer...

dont you want people to say, "halo? maybe another time, ive got some haze to play".

deded999
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by KarmaColossus:
dont you want people to say, "halo? maybe another time, ive got some haze to play".

Where have you been? We've been saying that for months... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KarmaColossus
10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
lol, yeah but the thing is that online play is.. huge... and halo is basically mansturbated overfor its online play if haze can match and beat halo 3's onlne, then its the greatest fps in history..
not sayign that halo 3 is, the greatest fps in history is timesplitters 2. no argument. ever.

TOLWardog1368
10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm glad haze is limited to 24 per team. Any more and it becomes a frag fest with few people working together. The way Haze has the system set up it seems teamwork will be crucial to success. Thus, you'll have 2 to 3 groups on a team working together. I just hope their is squad support. Kinda like in resistance and bf2 (PC)

Wii4Mii
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Geez, guys, what's the difference if it's only 24 instead of 32? The gameplay Haze offers means that it would be a lot better to have a smaller number. I mean *******. Can you imagine twenty Mantel Troopers on a Nectar rampage in a map with small rooms, and twenty rebels playing dead? A smaller number makes it a lot easier to do what you want to do in a room. In Halo, it's a lot more fun to play with a smaller number because you have more time to communicate, you can traverse more, it's easier to get kills. When you have a packed room, you're constantly getting killed, there are enemies shooting you like mad, things go so fast and loud you can't figure out what you're doing, and it's really just chaotic and frustrating. So I'm glad that there's 24 players in Haze.

deded999
10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by KarmaColossus:
if haze can match and beat halo 3's onlne, then its the greatest fps in history..

Blimey, you don't want much do you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No dig at you in particular, but I don't get this whole 'beat Halo' (or whatever game) idea. Can't a game be excellent, nay brilliant, online without necessarily become the 'best ever' online game? It's like saying to have a great RPG it must have a larger map than Oblivion, or a longer playtime than FFXII, for instance. Anyway, we've discussed this stuff ad nauseum elsewhere.

On topic, I'm beginning to doubt we'll see a demo now, although having said that a lot of games like Uncharted and Ratchet seem to be delaying their demo announcements until only a few weeks before the game is due, so that could also happen with Haze. I still don't believe we'll see a story-based demo though - a MP demo seems much more likely to me...

TOLWardog1368
10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by deded999:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KarmaColossus:
if haze can match and beat halo 3's onlne, then its the greatest fps in history..

Blimey, you don't want much do you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No dig at you in particular, but I don't get this whole 'beat Halo' (or whatever game) idea. Can't a game be excellent, nay brilliant, online without necessarily become the 'best ever' online game? It's like saying to have a great RPG it must have a larger map than Oblivion, or a longer playtime than FFXII, for instance. Anyway, we've discussed this stuff ad nauseum elsewhere.

On topic, I'm beginning to doubt we'll see a demo now, although having said that a lot of games like Uncharted and Ratchet seem to be delaying their demo announcements until only a few weeks before the game is due, so that could also happen with Haze. I still don't believe we'll see a story-based demo though - a MP de
mo seems much more likely to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe a demo should include both single and multi-player elements of the game.

deded999
10-05-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but for one Free Rad have already done a good job selling the SP game, but we haven't seen much of multiplayer at all, and obviously the more you show of SP the less there is to play when you finally get the game. The impression I got from what they had discussed of a possible demo was that it was likely to be an MP mode if anything.

TOLWardog1368
10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, at this point I would prefer an MP demo over Sp. I just wonder if there will even be one. BTW, where did you get the info about an mp demo as in where did this discussion come up? Was it people here or devs?

Rasomaso
10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
SPOnG: Any plans for a multi-player beta?

DL: We've been discussing multi-player beta, it may just end up being multi-player demo, but we are looking to do a pre-release, a playable version of the multi-player.

RY: Everyone loves to play an unfinished game. [Grins]

DL: Because the multi-player side of it is so strong, we want to give people a chance to try it. I really like the support for downloadable demoes on the PS3 and the 360 now. It's great as a gamer to have that stuff available.

http://www.spong.com/detail/editorial.jsp?eid=10109640&...d=&pid=&plid=&page=4 (http://www.spong.com/detail/editorial.jsp?eid=10109640&cid=&tid=&pid=&plid=&page=4)

ben99x
10-06-2007, 01:38 PM
WTF ! haze is obv gna be better than halo. and as for the multiplayer halo can only have 16players per game so 24 is more than enough