PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of what this new filter looks like on game please

EdStraker
03-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Yes I would like to see a video of what this filter will do to the game so far we have seen superb vids from Oleg,but from what I am led to believe we in the West are not going to see this game as it should be seen.

I need clarification in the form of actual footage filter applied before I for one will purchase this.

Although come next Friday hopefully the guys who have been brave enough to purchase it will show us some vids on You Tube.

But in the mean time it would be nice at the very least to share with us what the dumbing down of this filter to the game will look like.

UBI come on be brave show us a video,this is your implementation,you wanted it attatched,now we the purchasers need to see just how this will affect what wer're purchasing.

DD_crash
03-26-2011, 07:33 AM
From 1C forum

Thanks for posting the videos Nike-it.

Is there a chance you could do a video with a Filter ON and OFF?

There is, but only on Monday. Will be far from PC during weekend

And one small secret, most of the videos for diaries and podcast were taken on the very similar configurationhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So draw a conclusion)

M_Gunz
03-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Don't like it, turn if off.

thefruitbat
03-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:

might not be that simple, Gunz.

if you read around it seems that you will be able to for sure on the russian version, but not the western, but we'll see.

Feathered_IV
03-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Luthier 24/03/11: "We CANNOT make this optional. That will allow an opportunistic or an unfortunate person suffering from epilepsy to sue Ubisoft for damages and literally close down the studio for good."

JG4_Helofly
03-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:

Luthier 24/03/11: "We CANNOT make this optional. That will allow an opportunistic or an unfortunate person suffering from epilepsy to sue Ubisoft for damages and literally close down the studio for good." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, perfect! No more ubisoft. Go ahead! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Choctaw111
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:

Luthier 24/03/11: "We CANNOT make this optional. That will allow an opportunistic or an unfortunate person suffering from epilepsy to sue Ubisoft for damages and literally close down the studio for good." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like someone suing Nintendo for their Wii controller flying out of their grasp and hitting something or someone causing serious damage or injury.
There is a disclaimer you have to read and by pushing the button and playing, you are agreeing that you acknowledge the risks...
Just like this epilepsy filter should be.
By selecting to turn OFF the filter, you are acknowledging the risks.
The fact that they are talking about the US version having a mandatory filter is ludicrous.

Gamekeeper1961
03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Choctaw111:
That's like someone suing Nintendo for their Wii controller flying out of their grasp and hitting something or someone causing serious damage or injury.

Uhhmm it nearly happened WII wrist strap can break (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp)

PhantomKira
03-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Choctaw111:
There is a disclaimer you have to read and by pushing the button and playing, you are agreeing that you acknowledge the risks...

Unfortunately, what contact I've had with the legal side of the world indicates that such disclaimers can be bypassed without too much difficulty by a determined lawyer. Translation: They don't mean a thing.

kimosabi79
03-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by PhantomKira:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:

Unfortunately, what contact I've had with the legal side of the world indicates that such disclaimers can be bypassed without too much difficulty by a determined lawyer. Translation: They don't mean a thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel sorry for our US friends(or any other country with nanny state/idiot cover up legal possibilities) if that's the case. A case like that wouldn't even have made it to court where I live. No matter how determined the lawyer might be.

I have heard a story about a US guy who bought a motorhome with cruise control though. Or that woman who "dried" her cat in the microwave.

M_Gunz
03-27-2011, 02:25 AM

One less reason to upgrade then. I guess I'll just wait.

Voculus
03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
My favorite filter effect so far is the complete absence of a spinning propeller while looking out the cockpit.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Voculus:
My favorite filter effect so far is the complete absence of a spinning propeller while looking out the cockpit.
That's the first thing the pilot noticed when he flew the P-80.

K_Freddie
03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Luthier 24/03/11: "We CANNOT make this optional. That will allow an opportunistic or an unfortunate person suffering from epilepsy to sue Ubisoft for damages and literally close down the studio for good."

Why didn't you mention this years ago... My cousin is an advocate (Lawyer of the Bar).. I'l make a call. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ba5tard5word
03-29-2011, 01:12 PM

I wonder how those words taste!