PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Upgrades? Done?

shadowoflax2
11-19-2010, 09:52 PM
So I have 8 of 12 assassins already ranked up to full Armor/weapons bars, and went through the ceremony ect. After this is there no more customization that can occur? I keep reading about upgrading specialties and free running and the like. But I have not noticed this. So my question is, is the brotherhood customization already over?

Edit: And on a side note, you should be able to select between brotherhood assist moves (BAM). As is whether they all jump in and kill, or they throw a smoke, or shoot from rooftops with the crossbow. An option to make them flee would also be helpful. As they are mainly used as a distraction, them fighting to the death while im already four blocks away does not really help when they die..

pirate_dad
11-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I was pretty bummed about that as well. After watching the video on youtube with the recruit wielding a mace I thought I could have mine do this also. I was really looking forward to having certain assassins using a certain weapon and gear. Even when I give them the axe as their last weapon, only one recruit out of ten had an axe. Then when he became a full fledged assassin he was using the assassin's sword. I don't understand why the last weapon before full fledged assassin is called an "axe" when only one had that weapon.

flyingeaglemile
11-19-2010, 09:59 PM
As far as I know yes. The worst thing imo is that they all switched to white robes, I had all my recruits different colors, it gave my assassins something to recognize them by.

shadowoflax2
11-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate_dad:
Yeah, I was pretty bummed about that as well. After watching the video on youtube with the recruit wielding a mace I thought I could have mine do this also. I was really looking forward to having certain assassins using a certain weapon and gear. Even when I give them the axe as their last weapon, only one recruit out of ten had an axe. Then when he became a full fledged assassin he was using the assassin's sword. I don't understand why the last weapon before full fledged assassin is called an "axe" when only one had that weapon.

I agree, frankly this was the biggest let down for me. The game is still great, but the lack of interface and customization with the assassins is disappointing. At least with my current knowledge. They mostly just jump in and do as they please, with little regard to the strategy used in certain assassinations.

For instance, when your target is moving and you want an assassin to kill one measly guard on a ledge. He accomplishes this, but then proceeds to jump into a crowd of guards and alert my target.

nukelukespuke34
11-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, the BAM is kind of half-assed in this game. I've also never had them drop onto guards directly from above like we've seen in so many gameplay videos. All they ever do is run up, spam smoke bombs, assassinate, fight, and run away.

It shouldn't be too hard to implement a more indepth BAM feature in ACIII. Just make it so that to call in assassins, you hold down LB, which freezes the game and opens up a circular wheel menu, the same way holding down RB opens up the weapons menu. The moves you have could be: arrow shower, death from above, smoke bombs, horse attack, etc. It'd be way better than the current system which only has 2 attacks: press LB to call assassins (that you have no control over)/hold LB for arrow shower.

X10J
11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
you could also use the BAM wheel to assign the different moves. example: tap LB for death from above, hold for horse charge.

pirate_dad
11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I wasn't upset at all about HOW they killed the guards. My recruits seemed to do really well in their efficiency on killing. Their escapes, however, left me going "Wtf are you doing that for?"

The main, and only negative besides the LoR steal my parachutes somehow, bummer to me in this game is that I was really expecting WAY more on my customization of the recruits. Is there really a difference in how we upgrade them, whether we go all armor first, or weapons first, or balanced? Why is the last weapon an axe, when clearly an extreme few use the axe, only one for me after I got all of them. Where is the mace? Where is my customization? The only real thing you can customize is taken away from you when they become full fledged assassins. Oh well, this game is amazing otherwise.

X10J
11-20-2010, 12:19 AM
sorry trying to fix something.

pirate_dad
11-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
sorry trying to fix something.

Again?

X10J
11-20-2010, 12:31 AM
someone spoiled things and I'm trying to bury it by bumping these threads. my deepest appologies.

dlonewolf1994
11-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
someone spoiled things and I'm trying to bury it by bumping these threads. my deepest appologies.

^what he said