PDA

View Full Version : NOTES based cues

wolven_senses
10-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Should there be an option to view the CUES (colored lighted bars) in NOTE FORM? I would like to knbow what note im pressing precisely and rocksmith does not do this. its just pluck "THIS string not THAT string" kinda game. maybe there should be an option for those NOTE oriented peoples.

yes or no? its an option.

chandler325i
10-28-2011, 03:43 AM
I selected "better solution" only because I would love to see this exact same concept with tabs, as well

IndienStrummer
10-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Tab scrolling horizontally, from right to left, over the strings that are already displayed on the screen. I'd be willing to bet that they've already got that code laying around somewhere. But we've got what we've got because some design genius thought the presentation was too drab. They should've let the musicians on their team have more input on the game design. If they had then the riff repeater and notation wouldn't be so horribly flawed.

MacRukus
10-28-2011, 10:56 PM
I totally agree with the music and tab notation ideas. For someone who's never played guitar before the sexiness is probably very important, but musicians have to be considered a key demographic, don't you think? Musicians want tab and music notation so they can apply it to music life outside the game. Make it happen Ubisoft!

GimbalLock
10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by IndienStrummer:
Tab scrolling horizontally, from right to left, over the strings that are already displayed on the screen. I'd be willing to bet that they've already got that code laying around somewhere. But we've got what we've got because some design genius thought the presentation was too drab. They should've let the musicians on their team have more input on the game design. If they had then the riff repeater and notation wouldn't be so horribly flawed.

Font and graphics get blurred and distorted running Horizontally, Just look at the Words to the lyrics going across the top. When characters are coming at you they are scaling up more slowly. And a SD TV would be having it much worse.

JulesLechter
10-29-2011, 07:35 AM
It should probably instituded as a lesson, like in the techniques. Allow for people to.learn to read sections of music, as in some books.

IndienStrummer
10-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by GimbalLock:
[QUOTE
Font and graphics get blurred and distorted running Horizontally, Just look at the Words to the lyrics going across the top. When characters are coming at you they are scaling up more slowly. And a SD TV would be having it much worse.

If you had the option to select one over the other, then when you select tab mode the six strings would be centered on the display and enlarged, which would eliminate any problems with reading the fret numbers.
I've gotten better at reading their notation, as long as the display remains static. When the display pans, or worse zooms in or out, I'm completely thrown off.