PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bonuses? Ambush and Ultimate Variety.

Serrachio
11-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey there, no doubt you've read the title and are wondering about what they mean, so I'll tell you.

I was considering if they could be possible bonuses for the game. First of all, the idea for Ambush was spurred on by remembering a previous thread of Grygier's that mentioned the suggestion of "Flanked", but seeing as people on the forums didn't really know the experience of ACR, we all kind of dismissed it.

What Ambush is in my mind is a 50 point bonus that is awarded to a player if they kill their target within 0.5 seconds/1 second of them appearing in their line of sight for the very first time. It wouldn't really be all that common with the range of Line of Sight being increased, but for a player whose target comes running into their arms or just bumping into them randomly and being lucky enough to kill them quickly, it would provide a nice surprise to them, or something to reward a well placed approach by using the corner lock tactic in Assassinate.

I figured it would be suitable for players who didn't like the drop down to Discreet for when your target runs into your arms and you kill them, where in ACB, it would have netted you an Incognito.

Also, with the inclusion of a few new bonuses in ACR, I was figuring if it was time for a new Variety bonus, and considering that there are no achievements based around getting bonuses this time, aside from one Incognito, I don't see how it could be bad in any way. It could just provide players something to work past Extreme Variety and get an elusive bonus.

It would basically work just how the succession of Varieties goes, and would award a player 800 points if they managed to get 20 bonuses in a session of the Multiplayer.

Purgeknight
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
I could see these being put in, would also lower the amount of people who complain more than play. XD

jonthom99
11-22-2011, 02:41 PM
These ideas make sense. 800 points is a lot, but so is 20 bonuses.

Redbanana27
11-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Ultimate, or Ultra?

I prefer my so-called Ultra i posted on a thread a couple of hours ago

Serrachio
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Redbanana27:
Ultimate, or Ultra?

I prefer my so-called Ultra i posted on a thread a couple of hours ago

Ultimate makes it seem like the final variety because it would go Variety -> Greater Variety -> Extreme Variety -> Ultimate Variety.

Ultra would just make it sound like you can stack more on the top.

FlailingAmigo
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
20 bonuses is 'Obscene Variety'

BrazilianSkill
11-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Ripe Claw has said it. Then it is. Obscene already exist.

persiateddy95
11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I used to get 20 different bonuses quite a few times in ACB and they never added another one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

marq08
11-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Obscene Variety already exists guys. I've gotten 3 or 4 now.

It is 20 Bonuses and 800 points.

AwkwardlyBruta
11-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't see the point of ambushed being the first time they enter LOS, lots of times in brotherhood, I would enter LOS 20 times because of the open streets and chase breakers before they ran into my sleeves. :P

BrazilianSkill
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Due to me not counting the bonuses, I cannot assure you how many Obscene's I've had. But I can think about it this way. How much time it took me to get EV. If I EV'ed with 4 minutes left, I Varieted in 2, GVed, in 4, and EVed in 6, I probably had Obscene a couple of times.

Mc Dudes
11-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Agree it would make sense if there were an other variety after EV because you can get EV in just the killing round in any team games if you use poison/Animus Hack or shoot someone midair!

UrbanSaint
11-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Yea i like the idea of a "flanked" bonus of some sort, and a new variety bonus past EV would be cool too with the all the new bonuses poured into ACR