PDA

View Full Version : What ports to open when hosting?

Ajesto
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
What ports to open when hosting? There are many servers, but you cant connect to them, whenever I host, noone joins.

so people who knows, what ports needs to be opend?

Ajesto
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
What ports to open when hosting? There are many servers, but you cant connect to them, whenever I host, noone joins.

so people who knows, what ports needs to be opend?

Dot-empire
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ajesto:

so people who knows, what ports needs to be opend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you get the time out thing? That has nothing to do with Ports but is some other strange problem manny of us face http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ajesto
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Everyone gets the timeout dude :P

dannyb0i
07-02-2009, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ajesto:

so people who knows, what ports needs to be opend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ports you wanna open for multiplayer is 27632 & 32500. I opened those ports and I'm able to connect to more games without lag at all. I still get a timeout on some servers but, I'm able to connect to more without any issue.

Anyone who says otherwise has not tried this yet.

Ajesto
07-02-2009, 12:07 PM
When opening, what you you write at the end of your internal ip?

Like me for instance on wc3 you gotta write
xxx.xxx.x.128

dannyb0i
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
When opening, what you you write at the end of your internal ip?

Like me for instance on wc3 you gotta write
xxx.xxx.x.128 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you mean static ip. It's what ever your static ip is that you set for your computer. The one I chose with mine was .125

To learn about setting up your own static ip, go to portforward.com (http://www.portforward.com)