PDA

View Full Version : Borgia Curriers....

AnthonyA85
03-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok, where/when do these guys spawn?

I've seen a total of 3 or 4 so far, first one i saw before the "You got mail" mission, where you have to tackle that one, shot him with the crossbow, second one i saw was that mission target, so couldn't kill him, the third, i saw either on Tiber Island or outside the Barracks (can't remember), I tried to shoot him, but he went behind a wall, and i gave chase, but lost him.

And the last, I don't know how i spotted him, but i managed to set one of my recruits on him, and since I was on the ground, and the currier was running on the rooftops, i couldn't keep track, and my recruit had gone off-map by the time he killed the currier (but i heard her get into a shooting match with the guards)

I understand that the devs wanted it to be challenging finding those guys (and chasing them), but did they really have to take out the audio cew? I mean, in AC2, the curriers always yelled when they saw you, (it eventually got to the piont where i just ignored them, because i had so much florins), but now, in Brotherhood, i don't hear a thing, they don't even yell while climing up a wall, they don't yell for guards either, they're comepletely mute. Which makes finding them very hard, since i'm looking for Paper Silvectum (for the Vatican chest map), and these guys are supposed to carry it.

faidh
03-23-2011, 03:21 AM
As far as I know, these guys spawn randomly. Keep an eye on your map, and you'll see a small icon, other than that, they're really easy to catch if you've learned how to freerun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Killing them isn't the best idea, but works aswel, I actually like doing it from time to time, get notorious and have guards chase me around the city :P

But really, they aren't that hard to spot with the huge arrow above their head, they are also the only NPCs that climb buildings - except guards that are chasing you, that is. So, just pay attention and you ought to be fine.

Oh, and I dislike them quest items/shop quests thingies aswel. Only thing that actually might help, is opening every treasure you can find, and hoping it's in one of those - I actually replayed all secret locations for the shrunken skull, for my Blacksmith quest. It was either that or investing a million florens :P

AntiChrist7
03-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Brogia couriers don't give an icon on the map, pickpockets do. hey have a white chevron above them thought, so look out for that. and then just get a horse and chase them

faidh
03-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
Brogia couriers don't give an icon on the map, pickpockets do. hey have a white chevron above them thought, so look out for that. and then just get a horse and chase them

EDIT: Indeed, I had them mixed up in. So sorry.

AnthonyA85
03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
This is true, but the problem i'm having, in AC2, I usually hear them before I see them.

They always yell something like "Stay back dog! Help!" or "Vile murderer! Stay away!" or "No! Stay back! Guards!" or "Assassino! Guards! Help!"

And since they'd always show up behind me more oftern than they would ahead of me, i'd hear them before I'd see them, but now, in ACB i've noticed I don't hear them, can you guys hear them before you see them? Do you hear them at all?

And on the Pickpocket thing, they show up on the minimap even before they pickpocket you, that's how i see them coming, so when they get within striking distance, i do a 180 and kill them with the hidden blade, or if they're running up a ladder/across a rooftop away from me, i set a recruit on him. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif