PDA

View Full Version : New DA versus info

JameH.v.1
05-06-2006, 02:45 AM
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0000/00006506_00000003_dossier.htm

Here's the original and below is a google translation:

How to be left without a small word on the multiplayer? The least which one can say, it is that the multijplayer mode of Pandora Tomorrow and Theory Chaos knew to be made an established reputation. A reputation based certainly on quality, but also on its impermeability. To launch out in a online part had what to frighten the beginners. Also, Splinter Cell 4 will not play the chart of the diversity of the modes but especially that of completion and accessibility. In the center, famous Spies Vs Mercs conceived to be most accessible possible without to lose its richness, on the contrary. In order to offer the best possible reception to the new players, a system of training will guide them during the first hour of play by posting ghosts showing the example to be followed. Imagine simply that you pass close to a rope about which all one each one knows that it can be suspended and be let slip, a phantom carrying out the action will appear for you to indicate it. A commonplace illustration of a system which should nevertheless come to assistance at the time of more complex situations related to the achievement of the objectives or in the simple use of the equipment.
For this reason, of the new material makes its entry. The mercenaries will thus lay out of a radar of proximity in 2D straight left Alien. An assistance invaluable in the localization of the spies but limited since the radar will be satisfied to post a localization on only one dimension (direction) without specifying the height, the threat being able to come the top like bottom. As regards spy, it is a device of hacking which will give the possibility of extracting information from a remote console, simply by directing it towards it. A way less of exposing itself and perhaps also to prevent sclerosing a part if the desire came to the mercenaries to camp on each side of the objective.

So basically from this article i have so far concluded that (note: this is my interpretation)

There will be an automated training system for the first hour of play made up of holographic images showing various manuvuers etc climbing poles, hacking, reloading on ammo etc.

Mercs radar will now only detect sounds/lifesigns that are directly in front of the merc and are on the same level (i have a feeling its lifesigns as the way they described the radar as being similiar to that in "alien")

Spies can now hack objectives from anywhere as long as they have a clear view of the terminal.

All in all these few changes are extreme at best and even though are quite different should provide alot more variety in multiplayer. I personally am still unsure about the "alien" style radar but i like the idea of a spy being able to hack a single terminal from many different locations making it harder to "cover" and "mine up objectives" effectivly. This should provide a whole new tactical approach to versus and help to keep the gameplay fresh for quite a while.

Personally i like what little information i've heard so far although at the end of the day it all comes down to how well they balance the gameplay, spies being able to hack from anywhere is going to be extrmely difficult for the merc especially with this new one way radar.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

JameH.v.1
05-06-2006, 02:45 AM
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0000/00006506_00000003_dossier.htm

Here's the original and below is a google translation:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How to be left without a small word on the multiplayer? The least which one can say, it is that the multijplayer mode of Pandora Tomorrow and Theory Chaos knew to be made an established reputation. A reputation based certainly on quality, but also on its impermeability. To launch out in a online part had what to frighten the beginners. Also, Splinter Cell 4 will not play the chart of the diversity of the modes but especially that of completion and accessibility. In the center, famous Spies Vs Mercs conceived to be most accessible possible without to lose its richness, on the contrary. In order to offer the best possible reception to the new players, a system of training will guide them during the first hour of play by posting ghosts showing the example to be followed. Imagine simply that you pass close to a rope about which all one each one knows that it can be suspended and be let slip, a phantom carrying out the action will appear for you to indicate it. A commonplace illustration of a system which should nevertheless come to assistance at the time of more complex situations related to the achievement of the objectives or in the simple use of the equipment.
For this reason, of the new material makes its entry. The mercenaries will thus lay out of a radar of proximity in 2D straight left Alien. An assistance invaluable in the localization of the spies but limited since the radar will be satisfied to post a localization on only one dimension (direction) without specifying the height, the threat being able to come the top like bottom. As regards spy, it is a device of hacking which will give the possibility of extracting information from a remote console, simply by directing it towards it. A way less of exposing itself and perhaps also to prevent sclerosing a part if the desire came to the mercenaries to camp on each side of the objective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically from this article i have so far concluded that (note: this is my interpretation)

There will be an automated training system for the first hour of play made up of holographic images showing various manuvuers etc climbing poles, hacking, reloading on ammo etc.

Mercs radar will now only detect sounds/lifesigns that are directly in front of the merc and are on the same level (i have a feeling its lifesigns as the way they described the radar as being similiar to that in "alien")

Spies can now hack objectives from anywhere as long as they have a clear view of the terminal.

All in all these few changes are extreme at best and even though are quite different should provide alot more variety in multiplayer. I personally am still unsure about the "alien" style radar but i like the idea of a spy being able to hack a single terminal from many different locations making it harder to "cover" and "mine up objectives" effectivly. This should provide a whole new tactical approach to versus and help to keep the gameplay fresh for quite a while.

Personally i like what little information i've heard so far although at the end of the day it all comes down to how well they balance the gameplay, spies being able to hack from anywhere is going to be extrmely difficult for the merc especially with this new one way radar.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Darkw4rr10r.
05-06-2006, 03:27 AM
Well basically i think that is a bad idea, all games have glitches and people will glitch to hack objectives and to hide at places that mercs cannot even go to, furthermore people will get very fustrated like the antikick on scct if you should be kicked then be kicked why be a idiot and stay and go afk so we have to wait for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

JameH.v.1
05-06-2006, 03:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkw4rr10r.:
Well basically i think that is a bad idea, all games have glitches and people will glitch to hack objectives and to hide at places that mercs cannot even go to, furthermore people will get very fustrated like the antikick on scct if you should be kicked then be kicked why be a idiot and stay and go afk so we have to wait for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget that many of these glitches such as anti-kick will probably be resolved as DA will be using a revamped server browser and game engine. As for mercs not being able to get to places where spies are, that is probably one of the reasons why the Merc drone was invented so that mercs can reach such places.

Chief-ubi.com
05-06-2006, 03:32 AM
oh, yeah ! Merc must be much more carefull , MERC has no idea what is comin' now ! lol

and I hope no ***is killed by someone in new engine VERSUS

Chimera87
05-06-2006, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chief-ubi.com:
oh, yeah ! Merc must be much more carefull , MERC has no idea what is comin' now ! lol

and I hope no ***is killed by someone in new engine VERSUS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess Ubi will pull it off, but I have to agree with Jameh here about the sensor only working in front of you, have my doubts about it.

ow and for darkwarrior: the glitches from SCCT and SCPT shouldnt be present in SCDA's versus, because it's a full new game.

Tofflan_n2
05-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Excellent news.

Zeddarius
05-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Are they talking about the Reticle or Motion Tracking?

MKCC14
05-06-2006, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkw4rr10r.:
Well basically i think that is a bad idea, all games have glitches and people will glitch to hack objectives and to hide at places that mercs cannot even go to, furthermore people will get very fustrated like the antikick on scct if you should be kicked then be kicked why be a idiot and stay and go afk so we have to wait for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats why you only find and play with people you know that is not going to glitch or cheat...thats why you have the friends list. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FeartheMirage
05-06-2006, 12:37 PM
ubisoft has already confirmed that sam will have a third vision on his googles that could detect sound. i think that the mercs would get this sound detection vision in the multiplayer, insted of the spis geting it. My assumption of this is because now that the spies can hack terminals from far away. i think the spies will always have a gadget on them or on there suite that allows them to hack terminals from a distance and when the spies begin to hack an objective from a distance the gadget would make a quiet sound/noise that the mercs can then track with there sound vision. when I saw this topic I went back and watched the first trailer that was released for double agent(which gave us a teaser of the multiplayer mode). A part from that trailer shows a drop of a spies sweat hit the ground. When the sweat hits the ground it makes a loud echo sound and then the merc quickly turns arround. I think that the echo sound that the drop of sweat made was not in the trailer to give a teatrical feeling I think that it was what the merc heard(hence the third sound vision). Now i know you guy are gonna think no it wasnt a sound vision it was the mercs motion tracking. I dont think it was the mercs motion tracking because in the first preview released in a gameinformer magazine shows a pic of three mercs lined up all wearing different outfits but i noticed that the mask they had on there faces are not gray like the mercs mask from the trailer there masks were glowing blue which I think gave away that like in chaos theory and pandora the spies will be able to tell what vision the mercs are in by the color of there mask. Since the merc from the trailers mask was not glowing red I think he detected the drop of sweat with his sound vision. do you agree with what I think?

Spartan204.
05-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Personally, I think that every single idea other than the holographic assist is utterly stupid, and corrodes the game play that vs. is loved for. The whole reason that it's tense is because it puts two opposites against each other. The idea of a spy sitting comfortable on a perch in the dark 100 feet away, hacking a terminal and completing an objective remotely is simply counter vs. style game play . It doesn't bring the opposing forces close enough to make anything tense or fun. The whole aspect of the spy is to get in close, and get the objective done HANDS ON, NOT HANDS OFF. You have to be STEALTHY!!! If you do something that lets a merc know where you are, it's your own damn fault for being stupid and noisy. Think about it, can you only hear what€s directly in front of you? NO, you can hear in 360 degrees. So why would a merc only be able to hear what's directly in front of him? I play on both sides and love them both; giving one side more power than the other is just being bias. I see remote hacking being impossible to track down, and the new radar system being a neck snap fest.

Btw, I like your theories FeartheMirage.

xX-RedRum-Xx
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I think the people complaining about the radar are misreading what was said. I think the sound reticule will stay the same however if a spy is in front of the merc and making noise(or not?) they will appear on the radar. That's what I got out of it anyway. Also the spy hacking from far away might not be bad, it will depend on the level design.

FeartheMirage
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Yea I agree with you Spartan. But I think they will put a limit on how far a spi can be from an objective befor he can remote hack it. they will probably limit it to 10 to 20 foot distance. But also dont forget that the spi has to be looking directly at the objective in order to hack it.Oh!! and by the way another thing just crossed my mind. the spies will be using some type of gadget to hack from a distance so that means that the spies will probably light up in the mercs emf vision.

Spartan204.
05-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I realize that there most likely will be a limit on the hacking, and it will depend on the level design, but at the time I was pissed. I'm more rational now ^_^

Oh, and I did think you were talking about the reticule xX-RedRum-Xx, I misread what you said, sry ;_;

Chimera87
05-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I refuse to read posts without proper use of the "enter" key.

Learn grammar and then we shall speak again.

JameH.v.1
05-06-2006, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xX-RedRum-Xx:
I think the people complaining about the radar are misreading what was said. I think the sound reticule will stay the same however if a spy is in front of the merc and making noise(or not?) they will appear on the radar. That's what I got out of it anyway. Also the spy hacking from far away might not be bad, it will depend on the level design. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah thats the jist of what i was trying to say ^_^

FN57
05-06-2006, 09:18 PM
To me it looks like they are butchering SvM. Slowly the will overcomplicate it or dumb it down to the lowest possible level. Hopefully Ubi knows what they are doing to prevent this game from becoming another Lockdown catastrophe.

InfectedAss
05-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I dont realy belive that article right now and im not going to argue about what it says because E3 is just 3 days away and I can wait then we'll realy know whats going down.

Chimera87
05-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Ubi doesn't know what they are doing and they will also not patch the game to fix any bugs. That's Ubi's nature.....

I don't really care that much anymore.

Darkw4rr10r.
05-07-2006, 06:17 AM
yeah, thats what i mean but there must be some new glitchies in that game overall it is a new game, but im not sure if ubi will fix it as long as its nots something thats really big o_O

Darkw4rr10r.
05-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Hmm i wonder what the actual gameplay will be like, not from peoples opinions but, the maps, new moves, quicker abilities.i really want to see a picture of it

JameH.v.1
05-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Hmm i wonder what the actual gameplay will be like, not from peoples opinions but, the maps, new moves, quicker abilities.i really want to see a picture of it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully there will be some live footage at E3. It's not guaranteed though.

Dark_Polaris
05-07-2006, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chimera87:
Ubi doesn't know what they are doing and they will also not patch the game to fix any bugs. That's Ubi's nature.....

I don't really care that much anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then, simply don't play it. However I think that this could be really good. Although one has to wonder - if the merc is going to have 3 visons then what will they be taking away. I say they will most likely be taking away the laser.

In fact the whole sound vison sounds like a less cheap laser. infinate range same level... humm ubi might be onto something. Oh well we will just have to wait a couple of more days.

Lost planet demo in 2 days w00t! Something new!

Spekkio9
05-07-2006, 11:01 PM
That translation is way too inaccurate to gain any good info from the text.

What we know is that SC4 SvM is a revolution of the gamemode, not an evolution. It's likely the game will play very different from what we know already in SCPT and SCCT. Therefore, any and all changes are going to seem like bad ideas until we sit down and play the game.

Remember how everyone was all worried over the camo suit? Now because it makes such a loud noise, most people don't use it.

Chairmaker-US
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

IMO: Any way to help noobs learn the game before being thrown to the sharks is a GOOD idea.

Also as a longtime Dodger fan I have only this to say to your crappy avatar pic. 1988.

goodkebab_00
05-08-2006, 01:12 AM
what can be easily interpreted is a gameplay that allows for pure stealth to counter the over used triple nad agro spies.

And it is a bit vague but it sounds like MT *****s just might be at a disadvantage now with the limited reticle and new visions?

We all know mercs as defenders had the upper hand....this will be interesting to see.

Spekkio9
05-08-2006, 08:22 AM
First of all, my avatar owns all. You're just jealous cuz the Mets are gonna win it all this year, and the dodgers just cut payroll.

Secondly, what Ubi needs to do is make sure the gameplay is consistent. I don't want to die by a mine sometimes and survive other times. I don't want grenades to have random fuse times. I don't want to be able to berserk a spy attempting to jump me 80% of the time. I don't want to see a merc with MT/EMF on and wonder if he actually sees me or not based on his hardware configuration.

I agree that anything to make the game more immersive and easier to learn is a good thing. Then again, one doesn't play Tom Clancy games for simplicity.

Frelli.
05-08-2006, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chimera87:

Ohoo, wait now. They will relase a 100mb patch the first day of the game!

Chimera87
05-08-2006, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frelli.:

Ohoo, wait now. They will relase a 100mb patch the first day of the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea but did it fix anything? NO it was mostly meant to fix the non-working co-op.... didn't fix, still isnt fixed

Shishkarob
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
So the mercs are ten times stronger since now they can detect you if you are infront of them, so no more hinding behind walls or boxes to wait for them to go by and then grab their neck.

This sucks!

Frelli.
05-10-2006, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shishkarob:
So the mercs are ten times stronger since now they can detect you if you are infront of them, so no more hinding behind walls or boxes to wait for them to go by and then grab their neck.

This sucks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha, my guess is that it's NOT that simple dude. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Shishkarob
05-10-2006, 01:57 PM
They better give me a throwing knife then, or make my radar work in higher ranges. I'd guess that would be fair.

CovertKi11
05-10-2006, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frelli.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shishkarob:

This sucks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha, my guess is that it's NOT that simple dude. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, that's EXACTLY what the article says. Word for ****ing word.