PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed download content

Kraine
12-05-2007, 10:16 AM
all people i know who havw assassins creed wants a new content in this game new weapons and all the history in one memory slot
i wait someone can read this and say the same well now to wait and say good bye

T_Spoon_UK
12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
You What?

Ashwx
12-05-2007, 10:26 AM
i just want some new side quest and a free roaming memory.

stix489
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam - Free Roam -

That's all I want...In case you missed it...Free Roam!!

ACfanboy12
12-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Downloadable content... I want altair to not use his sword.... instead he has 3 daggers, 2 small (that go on his shoes so he can whip them out and attack), and the other dagger, larger, should go under his robe.

Hidden blade should stay, exchange throwing knives, for stars, and they need to be on his belt.

THERE PERFECT ASSASSIn... no on will know.

also, i want other people to ride on horses

braxton888
12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
are you freakin kidding me no way dont take away his sword thats one of the best weps he got anyway just add those weapons in to the game instead of taking weapons out!!!!
Originally posted by ACfanboy12:
Downloadable content... I want altair to not use his sword.... instead he has 3 daggers, 2 small (that go on his shoes so he can whip them out and attack), and the other dagger, larger, should go under his robe.

Hidden blade should stay, exchange throwing knives, for stars, and they need to be on his belt.

unnamedninja
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Option NOT to autodraw the longsword as your weapon automatically.

Whenever you target an agro guard with your hidden blade selected, Altair decides for me that using the longsword would be a better idea, so he pulls it out. I switch back to the hidden blade, get chopped in the head a few times, then i'm allowed to counter everybody to death.

Oh and has been mentioned manytimes, please make an option where you can take more damage in combat please, if i wanted to play hello kitty island adventure i would. But i am too old and annoyed to play boring easy games.

ACfanboy12
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by unnamedninja:
Option NOT to autodraw the longsword as your weapon automatically.

Whenever you target an agro guard with your hidden blade selected, Altair decides for me that using the longsword would be a better idea, so he pulls it out. I switch back to the hidden blade, get chopped in the head a few times, then i'm allowed to counter everybody to death.

Oh and has been mentioned manytimes, please make an option where you can take more damage in combat please, if i wanted to play hello kitty island adventure i would. But i am too old and annoyed to play boring easy games.

HHAHAHAHAHAH reminds me of South Park WoW special... HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE!!!!

unnamedninja
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Yep http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Hello kitty is legendary on my server, i hear it a few times a week when people complain about getting ganked. (seriously why roll on a pvp server)

MaNaSpade
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
dual blades and a 2 handed sword and customizable outfit

fulukai
12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Hopefully we'll have:
- difficulty sliders for enemy attacks/speed
- ability to skip cutscenes
- ability to replay any memory strand

Better Yet:
- enemy can ride and chase on horses
- random assassination missions
- usual stuff from other stealth games: stealth infiltrate & steal documents missions; or hostage rescue / kidnap missions

rileyjams
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Different uniforms and weapons, along with various randomized missions in a sort of free roam

z4ch117
12-08-2007, 01:42 AM
things I would like to see:
-Crossbow.. I mean cmon, I believe a repeater crossbow is an extremely realistic option for an assassin.
-Body dragging... I get so sick of hearing, "Oh, there must be a murderer near by!" I don't want to be known as a murderer, i want to be known as an assassin... kill, drag body into shadows, repeat. Whats the point of being an under cover assassin if you cant be stealthy?
-Day/Night cycle: This one is a bit of a stretch, but it would be such a great bonus. Especially if citizens went inside at night, except for the occasional drunk, thug-gangs, and guards.
-Interiors: A huge stretch, but atleast it would keep me occupied until we get a sequal or a new game from ubi. Basically, just add interiors to the many many houses, I'm sure it is time consuming, but not unaccomplishable.

Anyways, that concludes my list of wants for now. Cya. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, and to ACFanboy... why the deuce would a MIDDLE-EASTERN assassin have the throwing stars of an ASIAN ninja? A bit odd in my eyes. :P

MoveMeant
12-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MaNaSpade:
dual blades and a 2 handed sword and customizable outfit
Why would you want any thing that fantasyish? Do you also wants the ability to throw fireballs and lightningbolts? Dual weaapons was never used in the middelages, twohanders was not used before latter in the middelages.

Malocchio21
12-08-2007, 09:13 AM
New assassination missions...just random ones that don't have to add to the story

Free Roam without having to listen to cutscenes

And this might be hopeful...but some kind of downloadable episode/addition to the story that bridges us to AC2!!

z4ch117
12-08-2007, 12:31 PM
One thing I think would be awesome is if there were randomly spawning bounty hunters or rogue assassins that would come after you while in a city. It sure would keep you on your toes! Another thing that would totally rock the house would be co-op, but I know they wont add that in. However, if they do... they should add two co-op options: one where you actually work together to accomplish your mission, and one where your goal is to hinder the other assassin's mission. It just brin a smile to my face thinking about letting another assassin do your hit only to kill him in the end. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rah2007
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
***illegal discussions of any kind are not permitted in these forums- don't repeat it or a ban will follow

ACfanboy12
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Dunno about any torrents... you have to buy it.

I would love for AC2 to include a better Stealth system, and law system... Im not going to go in detail about how they are going to go about doing that... because frankly Im very tired, but that's what I would love.

Also... for gods sakes, let us skip the damn cut scenes, or make them shorter ,,..

z4ch117
12-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Seeing as how AC2 might not come, or atleast for a long time, I would definately like to see some of these updates soon to hold interest. I really really like the game, but DLC is the only way to hold interest.

Another idea - Trap setting. What I mean by this is that the player would have access to say, two traps of choice per assassination that s/he would be able to set up at their will. For instance, a snare could be set for the assassination target to get entangled in when s/he attempted to run away. Or, a swinging trap could be placed around a corner to trip pursuing guards, etc.

Anyways, I dont know if Ubisoft even reads these sort of topics, but I really really hope they do. Just talking about this stuff makes me excited to possibly see an update. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dirtybird21
12-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Kraine:
all people i know who havw assassins creed wants a new content in this game new weapons and all the history in one memory slot

Omfg i love you, I have no clue what you said. But when i read it, it made me think.. What if... I didn't wake up tomarrow? What would happen? Hmmm...

z4ch117
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Is there an official thread that Ubi is sure to check? Because we could seriously make this game epic.

yimimoto
12-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Not to be a jerk, but most of those suggestion would make the game something not as cool.

They would completely change who Altair is.

Such as a new uniform- it was made with a huge specific purpose and look in mind to not just look cool but it is part of who Altair is.

Traps- That would just make the whole idea of the game pointless. There would be no thrill of killing your target with your own hands and having to escape from the guards.

Crossbow- I'm sure the creators had this in mind while making it because it is in the intro movie, but they probably saw the gameplay change too much by having it. Throwing knives are just as effective anyway.

Difficulty setting- If you could make it harder that would be cool, but not easier. The combat is actually amazingly deep and when you get the hang of all the nuances you can really take out any number of guys. I mean I can take out any number of guys by countering with the hidden blade.

I agree with skiping cutscenes and starting fights with the hidden blade. Night/day cycles would be sweet too, but I don't think plausible with everything involved.

New combat animations would be sweet.
Being able to jump from a ledge above and assassinate in the air would be a plus.

z4ch117
12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I agree with you about the new outfits, and I can see your point about the traps. However, I dont see you point about the crossbow. For one, the gameplay would only become more tactical, allowing one to think his hit out more thoroughly and carefully. And secondly, a crossbow (especially a repeater) would have a much higher range, accuracy, and rate of fire than any thrown kife could have.

As for the Day/Nigt cycle, it is completely plausible, just time consuming is all.

What do you mean by "assassinate in the air", I mean, you can already kill people from jumping off a ledge onto them, or droping down off the ceiling, etc... so what exactly do you mean?

Lastly, I don't see why you would rather include new combat animations and cutscene skipping instead of totally new content. I, for one, might play this game through twice before I have had enough for a while. I mean, it's a great game, but it is the same thing... over and over and over. I'm gonna need some entirely new content to keep me coming back for more.

yimimoto
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
My point with the crossbow is this: There is not much difference in being able to shoot an arrow compared to throwing a knife.

The main difference being that a crossbow would be like throwing knives on crack. Faster, longer range and so forth.

New innovations in gameplay would not be unlocked with this, it would just replace throwing knives. I do not foresee tactics being changed accordingly. You already cannot kill targets with throwing knives, why would they allow arrows to? So I guess it would not be a bad thing really, it would just make some things a little easier.

As to Day/night cycles I also meant that it would take time and effort. The inplausable thing of it to me, would be to expect them to totally revamp everything in the game for DLC like that.

And I didn't know you could assassinate from in the air, or from above them. I have tried to and have failed. Am I just doing it wrong or is it a glitch in gameplay that allows you to do this?

Yeah, I understand you would like more then just new animations, but when it came down to it I couldn't think of anything new I would want in the game that would enhance the experience except things related to combat.

Like for instance I would also like more moves with your fists/hand to hand. To be able to counter with them and so forth.

Or more close quarters, in your face weapons. Not long range weapons. Maybe a staff of some sort? It is not as brutal as the rest, I know, but they were very effective weapons.

I guess, to me, adding anything short of new missions or multiplayer would be hard to really say what could go in there without changing the overall feel of the game.

assassin_93
12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
for all of you people who keep talkin bout day/night cycle and stealth kills this is not how the Hashshashin Assassins would assassinate their targets.

first of all they thought that the use of poison to kill was a despicable way of killing.

they believed in killing their enemies in broad daylight and thus enduce fear upon their enemies.

also they performed all their assassinations in day once again for all those people who want day/night cycle.

yimimoto
12-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Broad daylight is an idiom. They actually would do assassinations in public. They didn't always have to be "daylight"

Anyway Day/night cycles don't have to affect that if you have to do the assassinations during the day.

z4ch117
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
@ yimimoto - Nope, not a glitch. YOu simply hold the high profile button, and right when you get to the edge of a ledge or any other outcropping you can jump from down onto someone, you press the assassinate button (x on Xbox, I dunno on PS3 or PC). You should dive right down onto them and stab them.

Day/Night - I dont expect them to revamp everything, infact, you wouldnt really have to revamp anything.. just adding new content, not changing already existing ones.

I guess what I would want most is freeroam after finishing the game, and randomly generated assassintions. The crossbow also is one of my most desired weapons. Or maybe the option to take longbows from felled enemies.. I dunno. And if it does become to easy, then Ubi could simply tweak the difficulty by throwing in tougher enemies, more enemies, whatever gets the job done. Expecting too much of them? Not really, seeing as how making games IS their job after all. Besides, they teased us with videos of the crossbow, so they should at least live up to their expectatios.

furthermore, DLC is SUPPOSED to change the feeling of the game, make it less repetetive, add something NEW. Basically, if you dont like the idea of a Day/Night cycle or a crossbow, simply don't download it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

devilinblue22
12-14-2007, 02:51 PM
im getting irritated by people actually presenting fun ideas like crossbows and staves (really like the longbow one) and then people goin ohh thats stupid thats not altair.. you see altair is only who you make him and if ubisoft wants to add a crossbow to the arsenal and you dont like that well then my friend dont use it if you dont want alternate costumes im sure you wont be forced to wear them its nice when games have a touch of realism and genuine history but the notion of tearing apart a hord of guards with twin short swords gives me a feeling that previously only women and michael jackson could give me

Lupaie
12-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Different 4niform Yes..like mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2109876414_ec41076b51.jpg?v=0

devilinblue22
12-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Lupaie Posted Fri December 14 2007 14:11 Hide Post
Different 4niform Yes..like mine

that is cool it could also add an undercover element to the game parading around as a templar

RolledTight
12-16-2007, 05:01 AM
As far as I know, developers have to leave open what they refer to as "hooks" to be able to add new effects to an existing game. The types of things that can be added depend on whether or not a hook was left open.

I would expect to see night/day cycles in AC2, but in order for it to be done now too many factors exist that couldn't be changed. Mainly the lighting and shadows seem stationary and aren't made to move with the sun. The sky also seems to be one static object. I don't think it could be made to do anything else at this point.

New skins or weapons could be a possibility. My personal wish list consists of mainly things that couldn't be added. Hopefully AC2 will evolve a little and add some day/night cycles and AI on horses. What I really wish for is a way to receive random assassination jobs after beating the game. Maybe the bureau could give them out in each city, a new target that randomly spawns around the city somewhere. And when the list ran out you just started over. The groups of 5 military that walk around the cities are always led by a more armored superior; it would be cool to receive assassinations on those guys. Or the speakers talking to groups could be targets as well. Random guards, a random NPC, whatever, as long as it gives me unlimited replay-ability.

Redfeather1975
12-16-2007, 05:03 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested, but a recorder would be nice.
It would be fun to be able to record a gameplay snippet into a file that can be put onto a memory card, hard drive, or usb memory stick.

RolledTight
12-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Good idea on the replay, I totally forgot about that. Many times I wish I had the ability to record.

Halo3 did a pretty good job on utilizing the record and share feature. Would be awsome to see it in AC.

Redfeather1975
12-16-2007, 05:47 AM
I was wondering about something.

A future game they could an option to record a timed trial and save it, then allow another person to load that up and they'd have a ghost to compete against in that timed trial.
That ghost could interact with the environment.
If the ghost kills one of the targets before you, you can't get that target anymore, and if they attack a stand and knock it down, you can't climb or jump that stand anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Dragoon13063
12-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by yimimoto:
My point with the crossbow is this: There is not much difference in being able to shoot an arrow compared to throwing a knife.

The main difference being that a crossbow would be like throwing knives on crack. Faster, longer range and so forth.

New innovations in gameplay would not be unlocked with this, it would just replace throwing knives. I do not foresee tactics being changed accordingly. You already cannot kill targets with throwing knives, why would they allow arrows to? So I guess it would not be a bad thing really, it would just make some things a little easier.

As to Day/night cycles I also meant that it would take time and effort. The inplausable thing of it to me, would be to expect them to totally revamp everything in the game for DLC like that.

And I didn't know you could assassinate from in the air, or from above them. I have tried to and have failed. Am I just doing it wrong or is it a glitch in gameplay that allows you to do this?

Yeah, I understand you would like more then just new animations, but when it came down to it I couldn't think of anything new I would want in the game that would enhance the experience except things related to combat.

Like for instance I would also like more moves with your fists/hand to hand. To be able to counter with them and so forth.

Or more close quarters, in your face weapons. Not long range weapons. Maybe a staff of some sort? It is not as brutal as the rest, I know, but they were very effective weapons.

I guess, to me, adding anything short of new missions or multiplayer would be hard to really say what could go in there without changing the overall feel of the game.

you can assassinate from the air already...just practice doing it. i agree with HAVING a day/night cycle...just seems cooler...and then you would have to wait for your targets to come out in the daytime and *meet* where you are supposed to kill them and thirdly...there are no repeating crossbows at this time. a crossbow would take over a minute to reload unless it didn't wind up or had a weak string so you could pull it back (which is what they would put in the game) but other than that im all for the crossbow.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Kraine:

what what

agbernard
01-17-2008, 01:01 PM

Man I couldn't agree more. Fist counters should allow us to knock someone out without killing them - that way I could take care of those annoying beggar women without going against the creed. Also would be useful for taking care of a thug on a messed up pickpocket attempt.

Also, Free Roam needs to be a downloadable patch coming in the very near future. It still baffles me that they create such a great world to explore and then make you wait 15-20 minutes before you can get to it every time you turn the game on. SO ANNOYING!!! I did all the investigations my first play through the game so I really have no motivation to replay the whole game just to get my save point at block 6 so I can have pseudo-free roam. I shouldn't have to do all that. If you won't let me start in whichever city I want at the very least let me skip the cut scenes. Anyway, it's been said before so I'll stop my rant.

Another disappointing thing I found was the general lack of reward for completing the game. Yeah, the story was cool (although predictable) but come on, all I get for all that work is eagle vision to view some cryptic writings on the wall that I have to go to the internet to understand? Geez, give me a new outfit or something.

Someone else mentioned having new assassination missions (and hopefully new investigation types with them) be downloadable while we wait for AC2 which I think is a fantastic idea.

Basically, Ubisoft made a great game, we just want more.

whiteshark1103
04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
for a laugh they should make it so you can just pull out a shotgun and start blowing all your enimies away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

alinktothe_past
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ACfanboy12:

What, why stars over knives? This isn't Ninja's Creed :P

brittanymk300
12-19-2009, 09:07 AM
What happens when you do not have Xbox live?

how would it work if your console is not connected to the net?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Black_Widow9
12-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Please post here-
Assassin's Creed 2 OFFICIAL Wishlist Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4581016208/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>