PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to hate Gamespot and(now) Edios!

Aj6627
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/30/1317259&from=rss

Boo!!!

Aj6627
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/30/1317259&from=rss

Boo!!!

savior2006
12-01-2007, 09:09 AM
What the hell? That's outrageous. I'm going to Gamespot to check that out.

ox Se7eN xo
12-01-2007, 09:18 AM
he was used as a scapegoat, and to be honest the guy is a bit harsh in his reviews and Gamespot have been known to give certain high-profile games low scores (as Penny Arcade have also said)

its a huge shame that Gerstman got fired cos of a review. if he generally doesnt like it he should be able to say so without repurcussions or they should've got someone else who DID like the game to do the review and give it a high score that would possibly mislead people into thinking its a briliant game

but why should people care what reviews say? if you like a game, go buy it. i did and Kane and Lynch rocks in my opinion. i can see its downfalls but look passed them.

RoaringMad Mac
12-01-2007, 10:18 AM
That is just like all the bad review that "Conan" got. I liked it so that is all that should matter right.

MeloniesHomeboy
12-01-2007, 11:28 AM
If your gonna hate on someone, its not gamespot, but cnet, Jeff Gerstmann got fired, he was gamespot, he was EIC, there is no one to fire Jeff at gamespot, Cnet is to blame for this, they wanted to choose ads/money over integrity.

scworld
12-01-2007, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeloniesHomeboy:
If your gonna hate on someone, its not gamespot, but cnet, Jeff Gerstmann got fired, he was gamespot, he was EIC, there is no one to fire Jeff at gamespot, Cnet is to blame for this, they wanted to choose ads/money over integrity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like Ubi to me.

ox Se7eN xo
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
the cake IS a lie

but still you cant blame Ubi for this

mainly cos they have nothing to do with it (god damn you scworld!)

but yeah, it aint Gerstman's fault, he just reviewed a game that he thought sucked (personal opinion) and Eidos being the big conglomerate that they are felt it necassary to take off their advertising and stuff from Gamespot cos they are bitter people

bitter people who just happen to make awesome games and earn millions of pounds (or dollars)

JohnsHomegirl
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Well I'm still gonna play my Tomb Raider! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Woosy
12-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Personally, I'm happy Gerstman has gone. His review style is harsh and biased (like most the reviews at Gamespot) in most of his reviews which makes taking him seriously impossible. Reviews should be neutral and objective, he basically comes out and say the game sucks, he didn't look like he could be bothered to do it either. His hypocrisy in the review compared to his others is very amusing too. For example, he complains about the AI being in the same place and not being random. Yet high profile games such as GoW, Crysis and COD4 suffer the same linearity, but he never brings that up, similar issues that are in other AAA titles he misses also, which is inconsistent, so usually the high 8.9 score on the AAA title is justified. I find his contradictory review style to be lame! and amusing, and if he had any integrity it was being consistently biased and inconsistent.

Take this with other reviews, they did give Kane and Lynch a low score, but seemed like they spent more effort reviewing it then he did. Gametrailers did a great review also, it showed many bad flaws with the game, but showed the good things too, and they pretty much give you a balanced review, and they're consistent with their review style. If I want a bashed review I will watch the Brit over at the The Escapist doing Zero Punctuation.

I hope that if Gerstman, gets back into the game industry again it's not doing reviews!

Angel Fire
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
OH when shall we not listen to the so called experts and just judge games for ourselves. Mac is right, He likes his game no matter what all you people think of the game and that is the way it should be. Just because you like or dislike one's style does not give anyone the right to **** all over them.

Jason-Bourne223
12-04-2007, 10:31 AM
I found it funny that in the Kane and Lynch Gamespot review, one of the cons they list is the fact that there's lots of profanity. I bet that if Halo had as much, it wouldn't be penalized for it.

silentassasin05
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/news.php?i=1526

check out the blog

Woosy
12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason-Bourne223:
I found it funny that in the Kane and Lynch Gamespot review, one of the cons they list is the fact that there's lots of profanity. I bet that if Halo had as much, it wouldn't be penalized for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well exactly, play Rainbow Six: Vegas in Terrorist Hunt and those guys have such a excessive dirty mouth, yet I've heard no complaints about it. Films like Lock stock and two smoking barrels had an excessive amount of swearing, it fit the movie simply because thats how cockney gangsters are, likewise with kane and Lynch, I dunno what they where really expecting.

Jason-Bourne223
12-04-2007, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Woosy:

Well exactly, play Rainbow Six: Vegas in Terrorist Hunt and those guys have such a excessive dirty mouth, yet I've heard no complaints about it. Films like Lock stock and two smoking barrels had an excessive amount of swearing, it fit the movie simply because thats how cockney gangsters are, likewise with kane and Lynch, I dunno what they where really expecting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Exactly.