PDA

View Full Version : POST HERE MP-LAN CRASHS.....

BLOODUK
12-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Please post here if you have ANY crashs in mp lan mode Hosting or not hosting... Is the crashing random or do you know what maybe causing it?

The host seems to crash much more often than the players , but they do crash aswell while playing... I can play right through single player no problem. But mp -lan is crash happy.

Before the patch it would crash with an EXE error, with patch it would crash just to the desktop no errors.

Game NEVER crashs before the game is started, ie in the READY/NOT READY screen only during a game.

natasha8384
12-14-2006, 09:52 AM
weird .. harder to get LAN working than online multiplayer. i was successful only twice online and never get the game going on LAN. in Lockdown that was instantly working so i'm not sure what's wrong with it. tried with all firewalls, AVs shut and DMZ enabled and still no progress. love the game but this MP problem was kinda surprise for me since all that was working fine in Lockdown + i dont have any problems connecting to games like BF2142, BF2, and such. weird.

natasha8384
12-14-2006, 09:55 AM
any word on which ports exactly need to be open for this game multiplayer/LAN?

chorpie
12-14-2006, 09:55 AM
i posted on this in the dedicated server files thread. basically the host needs to run dedicated server over LAN. creating a game from the multiplayer--> lan section creates an online game

BLOODUK
12-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by natasha8384:
any word on which ports exactly need to be open for this game multiplayer/LAN?

Well i used hamachi , and port forwarded that...

Just wish it would stop crashing *sob* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

chorpie
12-14-2006, 10:02 AM
it seems that the game installed firewall exceptions for itself in my windows firewall.

lushdog
12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
It's not a port problem. If it was then you wouldn't be able to start the MP game at all.

Anyways I've noticed here and on other message boards that everyone is having LAN game crashing.

dcfan60
12-14-2006, 06:06 PM
here is a trick that worked for me and a friend. it didnt stop the crashing completely but now it like like every 2 hours or so.
you need everyone with access to the internet. create an online game, and have your friends join online, not from lan. it tricks the game on loading the lower bandwith setting for online play instead of the highbandwith Lan. you guys won lag cuz the way TCP/IP work it will stop at your computer instead of going out to the internet and coming back in...
uhmmm I just thought of some thing in the *.INI files you can edilt the Bandwith and statistics and the only difference is between LAN and online is the the number or packets and their size. you can also try editing the LAN seeting and putting the ONLine ones instead see if that works. GL

lushdog
12-15-2006, 12:27 AM
DcFan60 is correct. See post "Lan Crashes with Hamachi" thread.

BLOODUK
12-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Well it doesnt matter really because its still crashing , I was playing with a friend and he crashed out 10mins before i did... Wondered what happened to him and he reported a ctd

Itchmeister
12-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BLOODUK:
Well it doesnt matter really because its still crashing , I was playing with a friend and he crashed out 10mins before i did... Wondered what happened to him and he reported a ctd

@BLOODUK: Could you post the video card you're using out of curiosity?