PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Spear crashes in Windows 98SE

arijit4india
02-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Just got the Rogue Spear platinum Pack, Rogue Spear itself starts out okay but whenever I move into the action phase of a mission Windows Gives a fatal error on 000000:0017, havn't tried out Urban Operations though.

Computer
Pentium IV 2 GHz
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeforceFX 5200 Graphics Card with latest drivers
Soundmax Digital Audio
DirectX 9.0B

Also tried on XP with Windows 98 Compaitable mode,again it starts off okay,but the computer reboots at the exact same point.

Also downloaded the V2.05 Patch from Gamespot but the patching does not work because it is unable to find the old file? I've got a legal edition of platinum pack. Can anybody help me out?

arijit4india
02-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Just got the Rogue Spear platinum Pack, Rogue Spear itself starts out okay but whenever I move into the action phase of a mission Windows Gives a fatal error on 000000:0017, havn't tried out Urban Operations though.

Computer
Pentium IV 2 GHz
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeforceFX 5200 Graphics Card with latest drivers
Soundmax Digital Audio
DirectX 9.0B

Also tried on XP with Windows 98 Compaitable mode,again it starts off okay,but the computer reboots at the exact same point.

Also downloaded the V2.05 Patch from Gamespot but the patching does not work because it is unable to find the old file? I've got a legal edition of platinum pack. Can anybody help me out?

Woolef
02-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Someone on these boards suggested patching with the patch from the UO disc. I tried that but got the same error as you, prolly my disc though. So I downloaded the file from;

ftp://ftp.ubisoft.com/games/roguespear/patches/ROGUE205.exe

and it worked fine (except I'm UK so dl'd the UK one).

I found the link above from;
http://www.roguespear.com/downloads.html

Other than that I haven't got any clues, sorry.