PDA

View Full Version : Contest for new people or dont win cause

FancyEmerald36
12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
you know how mods when the put up contests on the forum and usally the people that have been here longer know what they are doing and that is why they win so i think the mods should make a contest for people who are new and do not have a clue what they are doing or aren't that good.(I am not calling anyones entries bad)That way we can have a chance to win at something

pinkstorm6
12-26-2011, 06:29 PM
OH NO! I meant to put Not Really! SORRYYYY!!!!!!!! I just think that it wouldn't be quite fair if we couldn't win something...

FancyEmerald36
12-26-2011, 06:33 PM
well how bout this mods make the same contest and have one for the news and one for the ones that know what they are doin

jayde225
12-26-2011, 06:53 PM
I said OMG YES

girl10998
12-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I said no because even though I've been here since Late May (as well as some other people), I don't think I(not exactly me) could win anything because of how long I've been here. But I guess you can say that the people now a little bit more of what to expect .

Katblossom
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Well I have to say I disagree. The people who have been here a while and have gotten better at he particular skill area the contest utilizes have worked hard to get to the point they are at.

A good idea might be that in future contests that strongly relate to skills require you too enter yourself under skill level categories: Example Beginner, Intermediate or expert and there is a winner in each category . You know just an idea. I was going to say the categories could correlate to age but that would give away the age group of the person entering.

Even so if you choose way you could judge for yourself what skill set you are in/ how well you could perform a certain task then compete with people on your same skill level rather than girls who are to advanced or unfairly matched skill wise. Perhaps to avoid everyone going in beginner you could make the prizes bigger for each level up you enter yourself in obviously only able to enter once on each contest regardless of which skill level you put yourself in.

I think expertise categories in contests would be a good idea allow more girls to win contests. You know if I do say so myself.

girl7233
12-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Katblossom:
Well I have to say I disagree. The people who have been here a while and have gotten better at he particular skill area the contest utilizes have worked hard to get to the point they are at.

A good idea might be that in future contests that strongly relate to skills require you too enter yourself under skill level categories: Example Beginner, Intermediate or expert and there is a winner in each category . You know just an idea. I was going to say the categories could correlate to age but that would give away the age group of the person entering.

Even so if you choose way you could judge for yourself what skill set you are in/ how well you could perform a certain task then compete with people on your same skill level rather than girls who are to advanced or unfairly matched skill wise. Perhaps to avoid everyone going in beginner you could make the prizes bigger for each level up you enter yourself in obviously only able to enter once on each contest regardless of which skill level you put yourself in.

I think expertise categories in contests would be a good idea allow more girls to win contests. You know if I do say so myself.

... Can you use smaller words?

vampmagix
12-26-2011, 07:57 PM
XD

girl10998
12-26-2011, 08:09 PM

I like that idea, Luna. I can see how a person's expertise can make it unfair, but I still don't see how it's connected with how long you've been here. In certain situations I can see how, ex: Jennifer has been here ever since Imagine Town first opened, therefore she knows more about the game, how things work, and has entered more contest. But with you, you're very good with designing and art, which means you're good with using certain programs on your computer to help you create your nice looking designs, but you didn't get that skill from being here for a while, did you?

I'm pretty sure that made no sense but it somewhat did in my head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Katblossom
12-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by girl10998:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Katblossom:

I like that idea, Luna. I can see how a person's expertise can make it unfair, but I still don't see how it's connected with how long you've been here. In certain situations I can see how, ex: Jennifer has been here ever since Imagine Town first opened, therefore she knows more about the game, how things work, and has entered more contest. But with you, you're very good with designing and art, which means you're good with using certain programs on your computer to help you create your nice looking designs, but you didn't get that skill from being here for a while, did you?

I'm pretty sure that made no sense but it somewhat did in my head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, It makes perfect sense ^^ I agree with you

Katblossom
12-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by girl7233:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Katblossom:

... Can you use smaller words? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

......no XD

Though I can give you an example.

Uhm Say the mods decided to hold a drawing contest, say you had to draw an animal on jade Island as best you could then enter it

So say if you were really good at drawing underneath your picture you would put yourself in the advanced category, to stand a chance of winning bigger prizes, it also means you would also be competing against others who classed themself as Experts.

Or maybe you were not very good at drawing but you still really wanted to enter, you would put yourself in the beginner category. the Prize is smaller but you stand a better chance of wining it because your not competing with the really good drawers but people who are as skilled as you when it comes to drawing pictures.

And if your okay at drawing you would go in Intermediate where the other inbetween artists are are compeeting for the intermediate prize, which is a little better/bigger than the beginner category prize but not as big as the Expert class prize.

At the moment everyone of all skill levels competes in the same race if you like. But some people here have years more experience. basically it makes it more fair and gives everyone a chance to win.

Make sense?

girl7233
12-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Oh, I understand now. The words are more normal sized for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
To be totally honest, these are good ideas, but not necessary, in my point of view, sorry. I mean like, no one is bad at everything and no one is good at everything.
There's a reason that they don't have contests that ALWAYS involve designing a shirt from the design table. Or always in making a banner.
Instead of making different level things, they just have different types of contests. Like I can win a holiday card contest, but I could never win a scavenger hunt because I'm horrible at finding thingsXD
but say someone is good at scavenger hunts and bad at card making contests.. It all evens out so everyone has their time to shine.

Did that make any sense to anyone?

FancyEmerald36
12-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by girl7233:
Oh, I understand now. The words are more normal sized for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
To be totally honest, these are good ideas, but not necessary, in my point of view, sorry. I mean like, no one is bad at everything and no one is good at everything.
There's a reason that they don't have contests that ALWAYS involve designing a shirt from the design table. Or always in making a banner.
Instead of making different level things, they just have different types of contests. Like I can win a holiday card contest, but I could never win a scavenger hunt because I'm horrible at finding thingsXD
but say someone is good at scavenger hunts and bad at card making contests.. It all evens out so everyone has their time to shine.

Did that make any sense to anyone?

that made perfect sense

Leehopkeie
12-27-2011, 05:38 AM
I would disagree because if you can still win something even if you are new! And I know that sometimes people wait and try out other easier contests first before going for the big ones that moderators do!

ellak3
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by girl10998:

I'm pretty sure that made no sense but it somewhat did in my head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> But, some expert people may enter in a Beginner competition, so I believe the mods should sort the entries in to categories http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

girl10998
12-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Actually, if someone did that, we would easily be able to see because their entry would be way more consistent than everyone else in that category. Besides, if the mods decided which one you were and you thought you would be in advanced, and you turn out to be the winner for the beginners, weren't your feelings be hurt? You would be happy you won something but in your mind you would basically think that, the mods believed that your entry wasn't that good to be compared with the advanced entries.

BostonCutie
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM

I have to disagree as well. Luna put it perfectly, so I have no other words. XD

UbiLorelai
12-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I think splitting contests into skill levels would be a great idea. I'm not sure if we could really do something that big for every contest though. That would be a lot of work and there are still the players who might try to enter twice or three times depending on how many skill levels we provided.

I'm going to suggest this to the other mods and see what we can come up with. I understand a lot of you think the contests are unfair. Maybe we can do something about that.