PDA

View Full Version : Snipers too inacurate.

Altoids.
08-24-2007, 01:36 AM
I know we can't give them 100% aim otherwise people will just tape their screen and pwn everybody but it annoys me when i'm running and theres a person whos a few feet away from me and i shoot (yes their on the center of the screen) and miss. then they spray and pray and kill me. If your moving at all the shots are crazy inacurate so i dont understand why we cant even get a display where the center is. If i scope the shots are crazy too.

Thequietone90
08-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Altoids.:
I know we can't give them 100% aim otherwise people will just tape their screen and pwn everybody but it annoys me when i'm running and theres a person whos a few feet away from me and i shoot (yes their on the center of the screen) and miss. then they spray and pray and kill me. If your moving at all the shots are crazy inacurate so i dont understand why we cant even get a display where the center is. If i scope the shots are crazy too.

You stay STILL when using a sniper rifle.

Altoids.
08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Thequietone90:

WTF are you talking about? The sniper is probably one of the worst guns in the game (light machine gun worse). So you are helping me out. Theres nothing good about them. If i have to stand and wait a few seconds before I get my aim then I will be dead. So according to you sniper = campers only.

Thequietone90
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thequietone90:

WTF are you talking about? The sniper is probably one of the worst guns in the game (light machine gun worse). So you are helping me out. Theres nothing good about them. If i have to stand and wait a few seconds before I get my aim then I will be dead. So according to you sniper = campers only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
From Wikipedia:

A sniper is an infantry soldier who specializes in shooting from a concealed position over longer ranges than regular infantry, often with a specially designed or adapted sniper rifle. It requires skill in marksmanship, camouflage and field craft.

You have to pick a spot and wait for the shot.

Then you have to take that shot and then move.

It is NOT for running and gunning.

Altoids.
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
ROFL. This is a video game. theres 0 realism in games.

Oh also.. theres no camoflage and hideing in spots. You are easily seen from half way across the maps. Oh and another thing the bullets are not very real either. so stfu and dont give me a wiki example. or try to feed me realism ****

SOCO352
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I think all he meant to say was that if you r using a sniper rifle, you have to find a position and stay still, fire, and the reposition yourself for another target. its not good to use if someone is running up on you and you're trying to shoot while moving...break out ur hand gun if that happens.

Mr.Hanky2005
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
so stfu and dont give me a wiki example. or try to feed me realism ****

He was just giving his opinion. If he thinks it should be a more realistic game he can think that. You have no right to tell him to "stfu". Calm down.

Thequietone90
08-24-2007, 03:21 PM
ROFL. This is a video game. theres 0 realism in games.

Oh also.. theres no camoflage and hideing in spots. You are easily seen from half way across the maps. Oh and another thing the bullets are not very real either. so stfu and dont give me a wiki example. or try to feed me realism ****

...I see both used effectively alot, for example on border town. There are alot of places to hide, and with some matching camo, you are difficult to spot staying still, or moving slowly.

It's a video game yes, but it's guns and gunfights are quite realistic.

Also, calm down and please try to express your thoughts in a civil manner, theres no need for harsh language....

Altoids.
08-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Ok fine i was an ***. sorry. But in this game if you play enough good players scout spots where people hide. This game is not a good hide and shoot spot type of game. especially that you are revealed after you kill somebody. All I am requesting is a litte more accuracy when running or at least crawling with and without scope. Why? because kills without scope or with scope while running/crawling are compleat luck 99% of the time. the bullet is so random theres no point in aiming. just make sure hes close to the middle of the screen and pray.

Orb_vs.
08-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Sniper rifles are the way they are due to their high misuse and abuse in previous installments of Rainbow Six.

People used to run and gun like crazy with those things in Rainbow Six 3. Believe me; having no targeting reticle helps keep things in balance.

After all, if they had close to perfect accuracy and a constant reticle, why would anybody use anything else?

In fact, Assault Rifles are most up to the task to what you're describing. Expert players can easily line up kill shots on the move. It's no easy feat -- but far from impossible.

Altoids.
08-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I know how to play this game. All im saying is nearly all guns > snipers. Snipers need a boost in performace and i think they should be a little more accurate.

TheStill
08-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Take a smg or assualt rifle and fit a scope to then you have the best of the two.

Joker738
08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
What are you talking about? Snipers are probably the most accurate in the game! Switch between Snipers if you have to, maybe you don't shoot in the middle of your screen. I bet if you just tape your screen for a sec and snipe someone, you'll get them. A sniper was made to hit targets from a long range and they made them extremely accurate.
Another thing is why do you have a sniper when the
enemy is like several feet away?

Volomon
08-26-2007, 07:50 PM
The only thing that makes the sniper rifle any better than an assualt rifle is its distance and the fact that you can sometimes land a body shot for a kill. If your shooting for heads use an assault rifle there just are no long distance maps, you have to be smart enough to know when you could use one and when you can't just like a shotgun.

Sum1_701
08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I thought i was the only 1 that noticed that the shot gun i sooo inaccurate, that's why i never use the, besides the the AK47 is way too weak in this game as well so i do use it at all either, but the shotguns and smg's are accurate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sum1_701
08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry the first line i made an error, i meant to say.
I thought i was the only person to notice that the SNIPER RIFFLE is sooo inaccurate.

Sum1_701
08-30-2007, 03:27 PM
New guns and more attachments such as scopes green laser and different skins and terrorist outfitting.

Mr.Hanky2005
08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Sum1_701:
New guns and more attachments such as scopes green laser and different skins and terrorist outfitting.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

Sum1_701
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
I didn't mean to post the above comment here, it was a mistake, i press back page while the text box with the post still in box,and the page returned to this page, sorry.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif lol!!