PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Might and Magic Complete



berntie
05-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Hi all!

Since some stores already offer Heroes Complete (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FKLWAM/qid=1148041380/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/203-3964752-0242300), I'd like to know about the contents of the package:

- What edition of Heroes V is included? (Standard or Limited/Deluxe?)
- Are the expansions of Heroes II, III, and IV included?
- If yes, are the packages identical with Heroes II Gold, Heroes III Complete, and Heroes IV Complete? Or are there any differences? If yes, which?

- If no, well, never mind. Forget about it. (Cannot imagine that, though. ;-)

Information on that seems to be scarce, so anything will be appreciated.

Cheers

KrisKay
05-19-2006, 06:40 AM
hmmm...no reply.I'd like to help but I'm looking for the same info too.Was about to post when I saw yours http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

berntie
05-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by KrisKay:
I'd like to help but I'm looking for the same info too.

I think we're not the only ones who would like to know about that. That's why I don't understand that there's no description http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Xerx790
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I read a statement somewhere from one of the PR guys and he said the Heroes Complete does NOT include the Expansions.

That is why it is so cheap. It contains only Heroes 1-5 standard and no expansions.

Plus you get the fun PDF manuals in electonic form on disk in several languages.

I love reading PDF manuals while trying to play the game at the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

The Heroes 2-5 are all remastered to play under WinXP compliant. The old installers would have a fit trying to install sometimes. Heroes 1 must be played through DOS.

"and the entire versions of Heroes of Might and Magic 1 to 4."

The word "entire" does not mean the expansions. It is a poor choice for a description since many people will be lead to believe they are getting the entire game plus expansions.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

berntie
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Xerx790:
I read a statement somewhere from one of the PR guys and he said the Heroes Complete does NOT include the Expansions.
If that's true, the the name "Complete" is a bad joke. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif You don't have a link to that statement at hand by any chance?


Originally posted by Xerx790:
That is why it is so cheap. It contains only Heroes 1-5 standard and no expansions.
Lack of expansions is indeed a good explanation of the (relatively) low price.


Originally posted by Xerx790:
Plus you get the fun PDF manuals in electonic form on disk in several languages.
Well, a manual simply has to come with the game. As for the different language versions, I wonder who cares for that ...


Originally posted by Xerx790:
I love reading PDF manuals while trying to play the game at the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
So do I. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Originally posted by Xerx790:
The Heroes 2-5 are all remastered to play under WinXP compliant. The old installers would have a fit trying to install sometimes. Heroes 1 must be played through DOS.
I have no problems playing Heroes I and II under W2k.


Originally posted by Xerx790:
"and the entire versions of Heroes of Might and Magic 1 to 4."

The word "entire" does not mean the expansions. It is a poor choice for a description since many people will be lead to believe they are getting the entire game plus expansions.
A poor choice, indeed. I would also expect to get the expansions. Well, maybe Ubi has intended people to believe that ...


Originally posted by Xerx790:
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I fear that won't happen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

berntie
05-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by berntie
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerx790:
"and the entire versions of Heroes of Might and Magic 1 to 4."

The word "entire" does not mean the expansions. It is a poor choice for a description since many people will be lead to believe they are getting the entire game plus expansions.
A poor choice, indeed. I would also expect to get the expansions. Well, maybe Ubi has intended people to believe that ...


Originally posted by Xerx790:
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I fear that won't happen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surprisingly, the expansions are included. (http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2008) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

LordGath
05-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I've got a copy of HOMM Complete.

From reading this site, I get the impression that the version of MOM 5 I've got isn't the deluxe/limited edition.

However...

I've installed the HOMM 3 that came with it, and that has got armageddon's blade and shadow of death merged into it.

HOMM 2 complete has got the Price of loyalty bundled with it.

So apart from the non-deluxe HOMM 5, it's pretty complete.

Jamamio
05-29-2006, 05:55 PM
I was just wondering where you guys are finding this stuff, I was partly keen on buying this complete set, even though I already have most of them. But I can't find them anywhere, I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't available in Australia.

FirstAidTent
05-29-2006, 10:21 PM
I heard that the Chronicles are not in it.

Can anyone attest to that?