PDA

View Full Version : Hi! A few newbie questions:

mithalus
10-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Just got this game in the mail. Enjoying it very much right now. One problem: the manual sucks, and the training vids don't say much, so I guess I've got a few questions for the community and if anyone could help me out that would be great.

1. In the 3d map view from the opsat, how do I pan around? I know how to zoom, but not how to shift the entire map left or right.

2. Is it possible to get a customized loadout, or am I stuck with the "Redding's recommendation, assault, and stealth" kits?

3. If I'm near a ledge, how do I jump off but grab the ledge in the process? I tried jumping off or walking off, but it seems real random, as sometimes I just fall off and die without grabbing the ledge.

4. When I grab someone, is primary fire lethal? How about secondary fire? I can't really tell from the animations. Also, does it really matter how I dispose of an enemy? Does it affect the game somehow if I shoot a guy in the head or zap him silly with a sticky shocker?

Thanks a lot.

CAKE_Wha_
10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
1. Hold down the right mouse button and drag.

2. No. Cross your fingers for SC4.

3. Be moving slowly, and just walk right off. Works every time for me.

4. Yes, primary fire is always a lethal attack (they did an awesome job of adding consistancy to the controls). Secondary is a non-lethal one. You'll lose some percentage of your rating (it's on these boards somewhere) for every enemy you kill, so if you don't care about stats, it doesn't really change anything.

wayoflife_
10-20-2005, 03:00 AM
*note that if u kill a Enemy or knock out a enemy is a whole different prinscipal.

Usualy if u fire, people hear it, alarms goes off , you are ****ed.

So just try it stealthy and only kill or knock someone out when 'he' is comming to close or if they see u and wanna sound the alarm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mithalus
10-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Thanks a lot for your help!

Originally posted by CAKE_Wha_:
1. Hold down the right mouse button and drag.

But when I do this, I only rotate the 3d map. Is there a way I can shift the entire map up, down, left, or right?

Eclyps3
10-20-2005, 06:21 AM
No.