PDA

View Full Version : dazed and cofused...

Andrick
01-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I was on Forest Island (village, school, etc..)
Learned my numbers, stopped the spinning dome and found about 4 'eyes'. Went to the bottom floor of the 'froggie' elevator and transported to a lonely island where I sat in a throne and viewed a big fish.

Took the transporter back and ended up at the front door of what appears to be a house or temple on the opposite side of crater island. Could not open the door so I decided to transport back.

Ended up on, for lack of a better description, 'ice' island. Stopped the spinnig dome, played with the mini islands, saw the 'ice' bubbles occur and have viewed the topographical figures.

I am, now, totally dazed and confused. Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW - I do have the linking book back and have Catherine's Journal.
Sorry this post is so long but I am about ready to give up and just go buy Uru but would prefer to gain some satisfaction here first.

Andrick
01-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I was on Forest Island (village, school, etc..)
Learned my numbers, stopped the spinning dome and found about 4 'eyes'. Went to the bottom floor of the 'froggie' elevator and transported to a lonely island where I sat in a throne and viewed a big fish.

Took the transporter back and ended up at the front door of what appears to be a house or temple on the opposite side of crater island. Could not open the door so I decided to transport back.

Ended up on, for lack of a better description, 'ice' island. Stopped the spinnig dome, played with the mini islands, saw the 'ice' bubbles occur and have viewed the topographical figures.

I am, now, totally dazed and confused. Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW - I do have the linking book back and have Catherine's Journal.
Sorry this post is so long but I am about ready to give up and just go buy Uru but would prefer to gain some satisfaction here first.

KismetKat
01-21-2004, 08:56 PM
OK - it's been years since I've played Riven - but I will try.

Basically Riven involves a lot of leg work - clues for one puzzle can be scattered about all over the place. Have you been somewhere where knowing the number system would be useful? What about those eye things that roll? Have you also listened to the sounds?

I think at this stage there are still many areas of Riven you haven't been able to access yet.

hey, if you can't get the front door, how else could you get in? Have you caught a frog yet?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/flags/oz.gif

Life's tuff when you are a "misunderstood ferret"

Andrick
01-22-2004, 04:33 PM
I know I keep reading the posts here and know I have to be patient. I am just not seeing how things tie together yet.

nno - have not seen anything where the number system will help (except for the 'eyes' and not sure yet how the numbers tie in) and I have not caught any frogs.

As for the 'back door' - I think I was there but couldn't figure it out either.

i guess I'll just try to be more patient and keep exploring. Thank you.

KismetKat
01-23-2004, 01:11 AM
actually it is less like a back door than a sneaky way in! *g*

But relax - think how much game time you are getting for your $$$$. Riven took me months! LOL

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/flags/oz.gif

Life's tuff when you are a "misunderstood ferret"

Homer6
01-24-2004, 08:41 AM
The best way to solve Riven is to explore, explore, explore, and think about what you've seen. Some things look nice, other things are alive, and some things you can move--or stop.

Have you seen the small spinning domes, perhaps you can stop their spinning?
As Kis asked, trapped a frog yet? Been into the lab on crater island? Perhaps there's too much air going into the lab?
If you have been in the lab, read any good books, books that contain strange, but familiar symbols?
Don't those symbols on those wooden balls also look familiar?
Been to the statue of the Wahrk? Kinda dark there, isn't it? Maybe you can increase the light?
Been to Plateau island, been in Plateau island?

These are just a few things to do, there are others you can discover for youself, just think about what it is you are seeing.

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Andrick - Have you opened and entered a stopped spinning dome? To open requires the correct set of numbers. Hard yet easier part.

To light up the book is the harder part.

Riven is one giant puzzle.
Rest, relax, and go at it again.
Look for new things to do.
You will find them.
Have fun.
Enjoy the time spent doing the game.
It is not a race.
The pleasure derives from thinking and solving the bits and pieces.

As Kis said months on the cheap $$$$$ http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif tweet tweet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An island stream forever held
A spirit soul beyond the realm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DJ

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/new/bluefish.gif

Andrick
01-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Thank you all for your encouragement. I have stopped three spinning domes and tried the code I found in Ghen's lab (yes, I did finally make it into the lab)but the code does not seem to work. Do I have to have all domes stopped before I can get into any of them? Although it doesn't sound like it from thdjstein's post.

Homer6 - you asked if I had been 'in' plateau island. If you mean the throne room , yes, but - there seems to be something under the walkway that is circular and glows red - I can see it but haven't found a way in - is there one?

I am trying to relax and have fun, but it does come with a little of frustration.

Thanks, again. I'm not ready to give up yet.

P.S. Don't think I have seen the Wahrk statue - what island is it on?

Homer6
01-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Andrick you don't need to stop all the small domes to enter any of them, but you do need to stop them in order to see something on the outter dome, very important.

Double check the code you found in the lab book, you should find enough symbols that equal the number of sliders you'll find within the small domes. Not enough symbols for sliders, look at another page in that book.

Throne room sounds like the room you enter on the main island, well, the room you find after walking the walkway from the big dome area.

Plateau island is where you see a representation of all the islands, where if you press a button on the balcony, water flows out from the top of these examples. But you other description leads me to believe we are talking about the same place, and under is where you want to go.

You'll do a duh here, but when you come from the big dome island, and want to return to that island from Plateau island, ever thought of looking to your left before you start the tram? DUH...been there, done that. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Symbols on all small domes, inside Plateau island, big chair, viewers, oh, and don't forget to ask for the Wahrk. Look carefully through that viewer, very carefully--look outside the box.

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Andrick
01-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks - no duh.
I have been left of the tram - that takes me to elevator and back down to what I called the 'throne' room. Looked through the viewers and saw the lights - saw the big fish come at me. Saw the other viewer and the 'shadow'. the place I talked about under the walkway on plateau island is, I think, the elevator chamber so... don't hink I am missing anything here - just not piecing it all totegether just yet. Am going back to a dome to try the code again. Thanks all.... sure I'll be talking with you again, soon!

Homer6
01-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Correct on all accounts. Just one question, did you stop all the small domes, did you note the symbol on the outside after they stopped, and did you notice something around the edge of one of the viewers on the throne? Very important to help you solve the upper portion of Plateau island and placement of the fire marbles.