PDA

View Full Version : What I've learned about the game so far

Guru71nl
10-28-2008, 02:06 AM
I get kicked by Punkbuster

Go to http://www.evenbalance.com
select Far Cry 2
Download PBSetup
run PBSetup and setup a Far Cry 2 as a game, make sure you set the directory to the bin directory for example: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin

On vista start pbsetup by right clicking and run as administrator

Far Cry crashes on Vista

This has got something to do with Windows Aero and theming. Disable the theming and it will start.

Can't find the post anymore so if someone knows which one it describes plz link it.

I cant connect to the server and I have to try again later

The game used to run fine for me until I decided to run a dedicated server, after that I kept getting that message. What solved it for me was the fact that I had my game pc in the dmz of the router. After I removed it, the game connected just fine again. On some routers this option is called dmz, on others it might be called public ip address.

Dedicated servers

I'm running a dedicated server and things I've noticed are:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>It won't run behind a firewall or router. The server binds itsself to the local ip address of the pc so you have to use a pc that receives the public ip. This can either be done by directly connecting to the internet or having your pc receive the public ip address from your router ( not all routers can do this, but if you have the assign public ip address option it might do the trick ).

<LI>players are connecting trough a range of ports, not only using 9000-9004 but also other ports are used. Not sure why, but running a firewall will keep your players out

<LI>The load of the server is quite high, it takes one core up to 80% and keeps it running constantly even on empty servers. This seems just fine but make sure you have a decent pc to run it on.

[/list]

Guru71nl
10-28-2008, 02:06 AM
I get kicked by Punkbuster

Go to http://www.evenbalance.com
select Far Cry 2
Download PBSetup
run PBSetup and setup a Far Cry 2 as a game, make sure you set the directory to the bin directory for example: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin

On vista start pbsetup by right clicking and run as administrator

Far Cry crashes on Vista

This has got something to do with Windows Aero and theming. Disable the theming and it will start.

Can't find the post anymore so if someone knows which one it describes plz link it.

I cant connect to the server and I have to try again later

The game used to run fine for me until I decided to run a dedicated server, after that I kept getting that message. What solved it for me was the fact that I had my game pc in the dmz of the router. After I removed it, the game connected just fine again. On some routers this option is called dmz, on others it might be called public ip address.

Dedicated servers

I'm running a dedicated server and things I've noticed are:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>It won't run behind a firewall or router. The server binds itsself to the local ip address of the pc so you have to use a pc that receives the public ip. This can either be done by directly connecting to the internet or having your pc receive the public ip address from your router ( not all routers can do this, but if you have the assign public ip address option it might do the trick ).

<LI>players are connecting trough a range of ports, not only using 9000-9004 but also other ports are used. Not sure why, but running a firewall will keep your players out

<LI>The load of the server is quite high, it takes one core up to 80% and keeps it running constantly even on empty servers. This seems just fine but make sure you have a decent pc to run it on.

[/list]

j0n0c33_ubl
10-28-2008, 05:11 AM
"I cant connect to the server and I have to try again later

The game used to run fine for me until I decided to run a dedicated server, after that I kept getting that message. What solved it for me was the fact that I had my game pc in the dmz of the router. After I removed it, the game connected just fine again. On some routers this option is called dmz, on others it might be called public ip address."

What is your game "pc", and dmz as well?

A.J.Sawyer
10-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Game also crashes on XP.