PDA

View Full Version : Fast question for graphics experts

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey how's it goin?...apart from all the littlechiquita stuff we've benn all busy for I'd like to ask u to take the time to answer this lil but important question for me...

in the matter of GRAPHICS, for wich platform should I buy CT?:
1.a PC with an Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb DDR
2.Brand new Xbox

Thanx in advance

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey how's it goin?...apart from all the littlechiquita stuff we've benn all busy for I'd like to ask u to take the time to answer this lil but important question for me...

in the matter of GRAPHICS, for wich platform should I buy CT?:
1.a PC with an Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb DDR
2.Brand new Xbox

Thanx in advance

Terrax213
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh no ..

Please for those who are gonna reply, do one thing ... keep .. it ... civil. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PC will always have the upper hand as far as graphics goes. You should go more by what your personal preference is as far as controls .... controller, or keyboard/mouse combo. You can also get a gamepad apparently for the PC. Go by personal preference. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif As far as a strict graphical standpoint, PC will in all likelyhood be the choice.

I will say as an Xbox user ... from the demo alone, the graphics completely blow away the graphics for any Xbox game I've seen yet. They're simply stunning. No matter which platform you choose, you won't be missing out on visual beauty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

allTankedup
03-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Why don't you post your price range?

That would be the biggest help in evaluating your goals.

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 02:39 PM
cuz all I want to know is wich CT would look better...the one in my Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb DDR PC or in my Xbox?...

Thast all I want, I won't buy no new graphics card or nething

sb85
03-04-2005, 02:41 PM
oww!! a fx5200..bleh

i hate to say this as i am a pc fanatic...
but if u want quality go for xbox, cuz that 5200 wont give u squat

A. I.
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
They will look the same, but your 5200FX will make the performance unbrearable unless you turn everything off and use the lowest resolution.

Trust me, my computer has a 5200FX. I have the PC and Xbox demo. Coming from a guy like you, get the Xbox, it'll pay for itself over and over.

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sb85:
oww!! a fx5200..bleh

but if u want quality go for xbox, cuz that 5200 wont give u squat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANX

Looks like someone in this formus is actually direct 'n doesn't bush around...

aiight, scoreboard is Xbox=1 PC=1

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bboy_toprocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sb85:
oww!! a fx5200..bleh

but if u want quality go for xbox, cuz that 5200 wont give u squat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANX

Looks like someone in this formus is actually direct 'n doesn't bush around...

aiight, scoreboard is Xbox=1 PC=1 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: I just read A.I. post, scoreboard is Xbox=2 PC=1 now

Btw A.I. niiiice avy 'n sign, I like that movie, Will Smith is always good lol

germ1234
03-04-2005, 02:50 PM
how about you buy a geforec 6800 and get shader 3.0 features?

game over:

pc makes final touch down

sb85
03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
eh no offense germ...but didnt ya read bfore posting? he said he aint buyin a card...

n besides a gf6800 is atleast 300$..he culd get a xbox plus 4 freakin games at that price..

Ts.Wakkko
03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
why get a fx in the 1st place?

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 03:00 PM
iight...

sb85: I dunno how or why bout u're still the only person who actually understands my question 8I ain't sayin AI didn't or others, but OTHERS are dumb 'n come here just to tell me to buy another card)

First off I won't buy another card

Second, I got a FX when I got PT, cuz I had a GF4MX400 back then iight?, there ain't like the big *** computer mall in mah town, so an FX was the cheapest/best thing I could get

and last but not least...scoreboard is Xbox=3 PC=1

Keep feedbacking me thanx

quillan
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I have to agree. It won't look any different on that PC than it would on the Xbox, and you'll get better performance on the Xbox. The only reason I'd recommend going with that PC over the Xbox is if you can't stand controllers, and prefer mouse/keyboard.

sb85
03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
lol thanks toprocker..
i guess im kewl lol...yea i seen xbox game footage, its awesome..ur fx wont get u the performance..which is wat quillan n few others said..u mite as well get the box

Bboy_toprocker
03-04-2005, 03:59 PM
lol no pr dude...it's always good to prop the people who deserve it...u're kewl but not as much as me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif hehe...jk

Yeah then Xbox is the one I'll get it for, thanx for the help, I had that big doubt in my head...

cya

Spekkio9
03-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Sorry dude, but if you're gonna put anything less than an ATI 9600xt in that PC (but you really should be looking towards at least an NVidia 6600gt), you'll want to pick up the Xbox version. Don't build a new pc with a 5200fx. That card is ****.