PDA

View Full Version : rumor of a ban?

reaperking
07-01-2007, 10:49 AM
theres this thing going on i saw on the news yesterday and another day last week that said there is a group trying to ban haze. they say because of its violence and the use of drugs and etc. has anyone else herd of this going on? like i really wana get this game even if it means im gona have to travel to a diff country to buy it. personaly this ban worries me what is with the parents of today and their issues with the video games? first the church of england and resistance next what? anyways whats going to happen is this ban true? is this going to happen? or will everything be peachy and we can all go buy this game when its out with no worries?

reaperking
07-01-2007, 10:49 AM
theres this thing going on i saw on the news yesterday and another day last week that said there is a group trying to ban haze. they say because of its violence and the use of drugs and etc. has anyone else herd of this going on? like i really wana get this game even if it means im gona have to travel to a diff country to buy it. personaly this ban worries me what is with the parents of today and their issues with the video games? first the church of england and resistance next what? anyways whats going to happen is this ban true? is this going to happen? or will everything be peachy and we can all go buy this game when its out with no worries?

deded999
07-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Huh? Where on Earth did you hear that? What news? It seems highly unlikely IMO... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

reaperking
07-01-2007, 11:17 AM
it was on sky news and channel news asia if anyone else saw it? i was like wtf! when i herd

frd_neko
07-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Er, I've heard of no such thing. And whilst given the current climate I wouldn't rule anything out, there's a lot of games far more likely to attract media attention in this way.

Neko.

reaperking
07-01-2007, 11:57 AM
i was really freaked out when i herd but hopefully its false and yea its true that there are more games that would attract more media attention

deded999
07-01-2007, 12:35 PM
You sure it wasn't just a more general story on banning games and Haze was shown among other games? I think if this was the case then Ubisoft and FRD wold have heard about it. Anyway, Haze is hardly the only game to have ever used 'pharmaceutical products' as enhancers - Bioshock also uses a similar device if I'm not mistaken, along with many other games...

EDIT: Having checked Sky News site and found absolutely nothing, I call bull unless this turns up somewhere verifiable.

TerranUp16
07-01-2007, 01:28 PM
As far as both violence and drugs go, one only needs to delve into Haze to realize that Haze is probably, in a way, more of an ally to such people (censors) than an enemy.

frd_neko
07-01-2007, 02:24 PM
'Ally' is probably a bit of a strong word for it but yeah, as far as the overall message of the game is concerned, I think HAZE is very much a case for the defence (of the sort of mature content games can provide), rather than the prosecution.

Neko.

TerranUp16
07-01-2007, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frd_neko:
'Ally' is probably a bit of a strong word for it but yeah, as far as the overall message of the game is concerned, I think HAZE is very much a case for the defence (of the sort of mature content games can provide), rather than the prosecution.

Neko. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">more of an ally </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "more of" part there is key, but I'm also sure that you understood that and were just clarifying.

cob_shaw
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Lets ban Haze. What a good idea! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Ubi_Rickas
07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I haven't seen any information on this. If you could provide a news source then that would be great!

reaperking
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM
been having slight problems searching it up cos of my shotty net recently but i found a few sites that have mentioned a rumor of it along with the plan to ban manhunt 2 but the sites servers seem to be over loaded but i guess it could be just a rumor i still cant wait for the game

UbiRazz
07-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Feel free to post links http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For the BBFC to 'ban' a game, like what happened with Manhunt, they need to receive final code to rate it. As Haze still has some time left before it's done it's highly unlikely that they'll much/any opinion on the title just yet.

Sebphoton
07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
It wouldn't make sense for Haze to get singled out and banned alone of all the games out there. I don't think it will happen.

nu_ignition
07-10-2007, 04:36 AM
I can't really see Haze being banned, you don't exactly go around murdering people in the most gruesome ways like Manhunt.

18+ PEGI, 15/18 BBFC and 17+ Mature ERSB ratings are likely for Haze, but I can't see it getting banned, there are far more violent shooters out there. Well, maybe in Germany, but they ban virtually any violent game anyway.

reaperking
07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
well i understand that its not the most violent of games but with constant things going on in the world with people being offended so easy like the british church and resistance who knows i havnt seen it mentioned on tv again anymore but singapore is cautious about games movies and everything in general like i had to list every ps2 game beffore i moved here and if they didnt like any they would either charge me so they sensor it or they will throw it away and if its a movie its the same so kinda sux and also with laws here they are harsh like for drug abuse you get sentanced to death. its the country that banned chewing gum btw if no one knows? its not the only country thats cautious about what goes on in their country