PDA

View Full Version : Any skinner..I'm looking for B-25C Mitchell "Algernon IV" Serial Number 41-12485

Mysticpuma2003
07-01-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm very tempted to do something special with this skin, but have only been able to find one very rubbish B+W image of this plane flown by Major Bill Benn. Has anyone done, seen or tried this skin?

Would love to get my hands on it if possible. Cheers, Neil.

Taylortony
07-01-2005, 05:09 PM
i have looked only one i found was the before and after ones on pacific wrecks? take it that is the one you have a nose shot.

Mysticpuma2003
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Actually I've found a very high detail video clip showing the markings, so just need to get the skin created now...will post it here next week soon though.

Mysticpuma2003
07-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Ok here's the video clip. I thought I'd post the clips in-case anyone else is interested.

This link 8.47mb. It contains three clips of video.

Clip one, the best image I've been able to find from the video of B-25 down search for the hero of Algernon IV. I can't quite make out the image above the name. I've slowed the clip to half-speed to help. Notice the vertical line beneath the name and the two, what look like horizontal bullets to the left.

Clip two is Hagens describing that the prop wasn't turning and that the tip is a yellow colour.

Clip three shows the actual colour of the plane, plus the star with no bars or outer colour.

To cut down on space I had to remove the sound. Hope this is of use. Cheers, Neil.

http://www.aqzm71.dsl.pipex.com/algernon.zip

Mysticpuma2003
07-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Well it looks like I'm going to have to create this myself, so has anyone got a blank B-25 with olive green camo that I could use to make Algernon? Thanks anyone.

Monguse
07-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Mysticpuma2003,

Hang in there. I just reconstructed and slightly updated my B25 template after a catastrophic hard drive crash. Thankfully some buddies had copies of my template. Email me and we'll talk. BTW I made some screen captures of the movie.

'Guse

Mysticpuma2003
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Sorry 'guse...it was all quiet on the Western Fron felt like I was in Limbo...I'll mail you tomorrow morning (UK). Thanks, neil.