PDA

View Full Version : Camera Bug

U-2323
03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Does anyone else have the bug with the external camera where sometimes it just keeps moving forward even when you take your finger off the "8" key on the numeric pad? when this happens and i go back inside the sub to the control room, the view goes up to the ceiling of the sub real quick and no matter where i move my mouse, even if i move it straight down, the view just shoots right back up to the ceiling again. If im on the map/navigator chart station, the map moves up and up and up and up... and it wont come back down. same thing w/ the periscope... the view goes way up into the sky and i cant get it back down. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? any ideas?

P.S. Is it just me, or are the torpedoes in this game in 1939 and 1940 REAL bad? I've had so many duds i get sick. ANY TIPS ON WHETHER THE STEAM OR ELECTRIC TORPS ARE BETTER? is it better to set them to magnetic detonate or impact?? thanks!

U-2323
03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Does anyone else have the bug with the external camera where sometimes it just keeps moving forward even when you take your finger off the "8" key on the numeric pad? when this happens and i go back inside the sub to the control room, the view goes up to the ceiling of the sub real quick and no matter where i move my mouse, even if i move it straight down, the view just shoots right back up to the ceiling again. If im on the map/navigator chart station, the map moves up and up and up and up... and it wont come back down. same thing w/ the periscope... the view goes way up into the sky and i cant get it back down. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? any ideas?

P.S. Is it just me, or are the torpedoes in this game in 1939 and 1940 REAL bad? I've had so many duds i get sick. ANY TIPS ON WHETHER THE STEAM OR ELECTRIC TORPS ARE BETTER? is it better to set them to magnetic detonate or impact?? thanks!

Dominicrigg
03-18-2005, 05:03 PM
So many questions!! I hope you answer some of mine when i post them all tommorow lol!!

Well here goes :

The bug with the camera, yes i get that too. The way to avoid it is to use the arrow keys instead of the number pad. If you use number pad and it gets stuck you can unstick it by something like this :

Press 8, then shift then hold shift in and press 8 then let go. lol something wierd like that. I cant remember because i do it by instinct after thrashing the keyboard in annoyance and figuring it out. Its something like shift then 8 then shift held down and 8. Then let go. Ill try tommorow and tell you for sure lol.

Torpedoes are terrible at angled shots. So make sure you hit the ship at as near to side on as possible (a flat edge 90degree hit)

As to which is best, mmmmm Impact is more reliable (except in glancing shots)

If its glancing go for magnetic (though you have to set depth) if its straight go for impact.

Also remember magnetic (if at the right depth) does much more damage!!! As all the explosive is vented up into the boat, rather then up to the side when it hits side on. Hope that helps and is not too useless (sorry for my explaining, im tired....)

Oh i just remmebered also, make sure you set the torp to high speed. The best thing is to do this when you first have all the torps loaded, then you dont forget it later. Its the top right switch in the torpedo computer, switch to fastest on all torps (doesnt work with electric)

Steam Torps : FASTER. MORE RELIABLE. BETTER DISTANCE. (but easily spotted in the day)

ELECTRIC : HARDER TO SEE FOR DAY TIME ATTACKS

JakeD2005
03-18-2005, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dominicrigg:
Torpedoes are terrible at angled shots. So make sure you hit the ship at as near to side on as possible (a flat edge 90degree hit) (except in glancing shots) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well actually thats an assumption. Theres a post in this forum which says otherwise stateing that torps were actaully more prone to dud if at 90 degrees. My opinion, just avoid a 0/180 or 90/270 degree hit.

Dominicrigg
03-18-2005, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JakeD2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dominicrigg:
Torpedoes are terrible at angled shots. So make sure you hit the ship at as near to side on as possible (a flat edge 90degree hit) (except in glancing shots) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well actually thats an assumption. Theres a post in this forum which says otherwise stateing that torps were actaully more prone to dud if at 90 degrees. My opinion, just avoid a 0/180 or 90/270 degree hit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah lol i said it!!!

As far as i knew the problem was with 90 degree hits in real life, it was breaking the pins. I will have to check, but their explanation of it being the "whiskers" sounds cool too. I will have to check up and find out, though i trust their research more then my memory of it!

But yes agreed (or use magnetic then the angle doesnt matter!)

TASKFORCE1x1
03-18-2005, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by U-2323:

P.S. Is it just me, or are the torpedoes in this game in 1939 and 1940 REAL bad? I've had so many duds i get sick. ANY TIPS ON WHETHER THE STEAM OR ELECTRIC TORPS ARE BETTER? is it better to set them to magnetic detonate or impact?? thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think its a bug, Sometimes with those arrow keys a keyboard may get stuck moving forward when too many arrow keys are pressed at once. I had it happen to me in plenty of games like quake,deltaforce land warrior,commanche4, and many others where i have either bound those arrow keys to character movement or they were default that way. My way around that kinda keyboard bug was to press left then right then left then right then up arrow key a few times. That always fixed it. A rare problem it was but happens sometimes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

U-2323
03-18-2005, 06:38 PM
thanks everyone, great advice. especially Dominicrigg. if i happen to see one of your posts with a question, i will be glad to answer it, if i think my advice will be of any help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif. thanks again!! i hope when 1941 and '42 roll around the torpedoes get much more reliable, no matter what the settings.