PDA

View Full Version : How LONG do you think the CAMPAIGN will be?

Flamin47
01-08-2005, 10:38 AM

Flamin47
01-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Well, I think that it is going to be pretty darn long. They said its longer than the first Splinter Cell, and Chaos Theory is going to have 10 massive levels. Xbox Magazine said they got to play the Bank level and they said it was very long as there were two parts to it.

DS12
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
I would have to say 15-20 hours. Thats just my two cents.

Flamin47
01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DS12:
I would have to say 15-20 hours. Thats just my two cents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, DS12 that is still long for a game!

DS12
01-08-2005, 10:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flamin47:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DS12:
I would have to say 15-20 hours. Thats just my two cents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, DS12 that is still long for a game! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I never said that wasn't long, or that 15-20 hours was not long. I just doubt it will be over 20 hours in length.

John HX
01-08-2005, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How LONG do you think the CAMPAIGN will be? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, Im not COMPLETELY sure but my GUESS would be 20-something HOURS depending on YOUR playing STYLE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FXH Reaper
01-08-2005, 11:25 AM
i have to say 20 some hours

darkdoom01
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
depends on how you play it.

Flamin47
01-08-2005, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SILLENTASSAULT:
i have to say 20 some hours <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be most happy with 20+ hours, or even happy with 15-20 hours....
But these game lengths are based on AVERAGE, and normal difficulty

FXH Reaper
01-08-2005, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flamin47:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SILLENTASSAULT:
i have to say 20 some hours <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be most happy with 20+ hours, or even happy with 15-20 hours....
But these game lengths are based on AVERAGE, and normal difficulty
******************************************* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yup 20 hours of pure fun and ripping people off of ledges http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Flamin47
01-08-2005, 11:46 AM
What I just love most about this game is the moves and the knife! Secondly I love the graphics!

I just love that now you can punch, kick and all kinds of other stuff....

And the most precious thing of all, the http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif KNIFE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

YES! All the brutal stabbing, slitting throats...oh yes...I can just feel it

ShadowsofChaos
01-08-2005, 12:31 PM
My guess is 10-15 hours going straight through the campaign, but with replayability, you can probably go back and go through the other paths and put on an extra 2-3 hours.

pretend3r
01-08-2005, 12:47 PM
this is another one of them question which leeds into a everlasting discussion and assumptions...

cause, tell me really, apart from quessing.. there is no sensible answer that can be given at this point in time, why dont you ask this question if the game has been out for a week, then we can tell you:P

Stripes238
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pretend3r:
this is another one of them question which leeds into a everlasting discussion and assumptions...

cause, tell me really, apart from quessing.. there is no sensible answer that can be given at this point in time, why dont you ask this question if the game has been out for a week, then we can tell you:P <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never hurt anyone to speculate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Omega_224
01-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Actually it did. I once had my finger cut off because I...well, you don't want to know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But I think the game will definitely take me 20+ hours to beat.

ChaosTheory13
01-08-2005, 05:48 PM
it doesnt really matter how long it is.you still wanna go back in the game and see the secondary missions,play the game as stealthiest as you can,beat the game on hard...and so much more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheBrokenDog
01-08-2005, 07:58 PM
10-15. More than likely even less, though I doubt more than 15. If there are only 10 maps, I doubt each will take near, or more than 2 hours to complete, even on the first play through. Yeah, these are supposed to be larger than previous SC maps by aproximately 2x or more, but that does not equate to taking twice as long to complete. If these maps are extremely open ended in design, it could take you as long as 10 minutes to complete some of them. The hitman series had some absolutely massive levels, yet some of them didn't take any longer than 5 minutes to complete, with the Silent Assassin rank. I doubt they'll follow this trend, but I think 30-45 mintues per map is just about right on the money. 10 maps, and maybe 15-45 minutes of exposition/news flashes, and you're right about on the 10 hour mark.

Honestly, I hope the game itself isn't too long. I'd much rather the missions be more open ended in design, than drag-on like some of the existing SC missions, despite only have, perhaps only one way of going about things. If maps take 10-30 minutes on average to complete, but have a huge range of options available for infiltration, extraction, yada, yada, I'll be playing the game far more than if the series had only one path per map.

Total time spent playing CT single player? If I get some real serious alternitives in map designs, I'll suffer a guess anywhere in the 100s of hours. I love Hitman level design, but I love SC's gameplay more. Throw Sam in 47's levels, even the less open ended ones, and I am in single player heaven.

silent_hitman47
01-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I hope it will be long. I love long games like KOTOR 2 that I just finished in about 26 hours. I think longer games are the best.

ChaosTheory13
01-08-2005, 08:16 PM
try gta:sa.longer than any game i ever played.and plus a ton of things to do when you beat it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KU_
01-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I say 35-40 hours. Why? Because there are alternate paths and mission objectives. You beat the level one way, go back and beat it another way.

ShadowsofChaos
01-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I doubt there are THAT many ways to complete a level.

ChaosTheory13
01-08-2005, 09:25 PM
yep there is.according to your imagination.like complete the level only using your knife,only using the shotgun,etc,etc,etc,etc........

stealthmaster736
01-08-2005, 09:30 PM
This is what I think(including finding all of the multiple path's).
Single player:25-30 hour's.
Co-op:Hopefully 20 or more hour's.

KU_
01-08-2005, 09:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShadowsofChaos:
I doubt there are THAT many ways to complete a level. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they said it will be twice as long as SC. So 30-40 hours is in that range with all the extra stuff. Including CO-OP.

stealthmaster736
01-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Well because your putting all the stuff together that would make sense for it to be that long.But if the single player alone was 30-40 hr's then...uh, it would be long.

bozibozic
01-08-2005, 10:34 PM
I just hope it takes a lot longer and even if you can finish 100 times you still have to take it cautiously. Because in the previous games after a while you can remember wvery path/movement that a guard does and can simply run out, not very stealthily, and get away with it.

I also hope that it will take longer than 1 full days play to finish it like i did with SCPT.

Flamin47
01-09-2005, 08:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBrokenDog:
10-15. More than likely even less, though I doubt more than 15. If there are only 10 maps, I doubt each will take near, or more than 2 hours to complete, even on the first play through. Yeah, these are supposed to be larger than previous SC maps by aproximately 2x or more, but that does not equate to taking twice as long to complete. If these maps are extremely open ended in design, it could take you as long as 10 minutes to complete some of them. The hitman series had some absolutely massive levels, yet some of them didn't take any longer than 5 minutes to complete, with the Silent Assassin rank. I doubt they'll follow this trend, but I think 30-45 mintues per map is just about right on the money. 10 maps, and maybe 15-45 minutes of exposition/news flashes, and you're right about on the 10 hour mark.

Honestly, I hope the game itself isn't too long. I'd much rather the missions be more open ended in design, than drag-on like some of the existing SC missions, despite only have, perhaps only one way of going about things. If maps take 10-30 minutes on average to complete, but have a huge range of options available for infiltration, extraction, yada, yada, I'll be playing the game far more than if the series had only one path per map.

Total time spent playing CT single player? If I get some real serious alternitives in map designs, I'll suffer a guess anywhere in the 100s of hours. I love Hitman level design, but I love SC's gameplay more. Throw Sam in 47's levels, even the less open ended ones, and I am in single player heaven. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BrokenDog, 10-15 minutes??? to beat a level, are you crazy? Have you even played the first Splinter Cell? Those levels were way longer buddy. Sry to say this, but you are talking complete bull, it will take around 2 hours to complete one level.
Even Xbox Magazine said they are so darn long, that the Bank level is split up into two parts!

stealthmaster736
01-09-2005, 12:48 PM
The average length for the leval's in SC was at least 1 hour.And the average for the leval's in SC:PT was 30 minutes or an hour(I beat the train leval 10 minutes).And because the leval's in CT are supposed to be at least 2 or 3 time's longer then the one's in SC I'm expecting a long game.

scubibia
01-09-2005, 12:52 PM
there are 2 more levels then sc1 dont now how long that game was ?
but 2 levels more now

DanielHac
01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Playing both games with a very high degree of stealth... Here is what I know about how long it takes to complete, assuming perfect play.

Splinter Cell: 2 hours 20 minutes
Pandora Tomorrow: 1 hour 50 minutes

This includes gameplay only, and therefore does not count level loading time. Times are approximate.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Wow, you got a heck of a lot faster since the last time I checked your stats.

FXH Reaper
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanielHac:
Playing both games with a very high degree of stealth... Here is what I know about how long it takes to complete, assuming perfect play.

Splinter Cell: 2 hours 20 minutes
Pandora Tomorrow: 1 hour 50 minutes

This includes gameplay only, and therefore does not count level loading time. Times are approximate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>wow nice i never thought of it taking that long

TheBrokenDog
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
You are forgetting that these levels are supposedly completely open ended. I'm certainly not speaking facts, and neither is anyone else. My basis for comparison comes from Hitman. If levels are as open ended as the designs for hitman were, or are even remotely close to it, you'll be able to blow through levels in a matter of minutes, provided you know every inch of the levels and have a VERY solid plan.

2-3 times larger maps has abo****ely no bearing on the ammount of time it may take to complete a map. If it's completely linear, along the lines of the original SC games, then yeah, maps may take as long as 2 hours to complete. If they're in no way linear, and without simply an alternate path or two, then it may take less than a half an hour. That of course does mean that the maps have a huge degree of replay, but I don't think maps will take nearly as long as they had in previous SC games.

This idea will support replays to a substantial degree, and you will likely be playing the game in single player longer than you had in the previous two SC games, with a total of some 3-4 hours of gaming before you've really tried everything on a single map. That's before you even get on to REALLY trying to get perfect scores. Expect a long game, but don't expect maps to FORCE you into taking forever and a half, just to complete.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2005, 11:15 AM
If your good you can play both games within the day. Thankfully Im good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif But I recommend a full two years of splinter cell gaming perfecting your stealth and trying every feasable challenge that comes along Such as 1 kill game SC, 10 kill game SCPT. If you can get those stats done than your becoming a good stealth gamer like me and others, DanielHac for instance.

DanielHac
01-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Dunn_Stealth - Thanks. I have been working hard on time. The first time I totaled my time I was around 2:30. Now I am under 1:50

I think I am going to hit the 1:45 mark before I am done. But it is getting very hard, as most of the levels that I redo result in a few seconds faster for hours of work.

I still have a lot of minor mistakes to fix.

SILENTASSAULT - it can be done much faster if you have no restrictions on killing, KOing, getting hurt, etc. Although I don't have any idea how much faster.

FXH Reaper
01-10-2005, 11:21 AM
yea i just never pay attention to time (beleive me i was yelled at for playing six hours of splinter cell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2005, 11:24 AM
LOL same hear man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2005, 11:29 AM
This may be offtopic but my average time is 2:45. I like to get past a level with no killing what so ever even accidental deaths on the AIs part so I take my time to stealth past these guys using every stealth strategy I have and its loads of fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
EDIT: I have managed to get my best time down to 20:11 but its not my average.

DanielHac
01-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Dunn_Stealth - If you are saying straight through then that is impressive. I am assuming 10 kill. How many KOs?

I also try to not use gadgets, distractions, etc. unless I have no choice.

Nightmarecast24
01-10-2005, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanielHac:
Dunn_Stealth - If you are saying straight through then that is impressive. I am assuming 10 kill. How many KOs?

I also try to not use gadgets, distractions, etc. unless I have no choice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Daniel! I have seen you in action from your videos, man that is the most awesome stuff since the Ninja Gaiden videos I seen a while back, you truly are a splinter cell, I have nothing on you, my patience for the weird glitchy enemies isn't there, I tried that thing you did on the first level where you run through it as fast as possible and when you came to the stream, the outcome was not the same, the gaurd didn't cross the bridge so I could not pass as you did..........http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Excellent stuff man. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DanielHac
01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Nightmarecast24 - Thanks. I really appreciate the comments. I have spent many moons on it.

The guard by the bridge just take perfect timing. You can go on the other side of the bridge it just takes longer.

If you want to see better, see the video for SC1 by themessage.