PDA

View Full Version : Runners, Roofers, and Flee'ers.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 01:02 AM
I would like to share my thoughts on a few ACB Multi-Players tactics:

Runners - These are the players who run constantly, and seemingly without a destination. Sure, they'll run toward their target (usually entering a Chase, the result of which depends on the player) but as soon as they kill their target (or lose their contract) they continue running full speed. It can be difficult to catch a runner, and ultimately they make you sink to their level to catch them. Runners usually get low scores themselves, and at the same time they cause others to score low. It's a lose/lose. Runners make ACB less enjoyable.

Flee'ers - Not to be confused with runners, flee'ers are players that flee once they recognize their pursuer (they are especially common in "Assassinate" mode, though they appear everywhere.) As a pursuer, a flee'er can be quite frustrating; they are like part-time runners. Some flee'ers are just timid players who are simply looking for their targets when they happen to notice their pursuer approaching (their fear is forgivable, as well as enjoyable.) But other flee'ers will sit and wait for their pursuer, then simply flee when he/she arrives. Flee'ers make ACB less enjoyable.

Roofers - Be careful when accusing someone of being a roofer; using rooftops is a legitimate tactic, and was very much intended for use in multiplayer (there are bonuses and challenges that encourage the use of rooftops.) Roofers are players who stay on the rooftops as often as they can. They walk in circles on a roof, daring their pursuers to engage them. They sit on the highest point they can find, waiting for their pursuer to begin climbing, then jump off in the opposite direction. They only leave their rooftops when assassinating their target, and they quickly return as soon as the can. Sadly, roofers often accumulate high scores, while prevent other players from killing them. Once again, you must sink to their level in order to catch them. Roofers make ACB less enjoyable.

In conclusion, I'd like to acknowledge the obvious solutions to these tactics: the hidden gun and throwing knives. Yes, you can always shoot a runner/flee'er/roofer, but that only feeds the troll (it's a low point kill, and that's what they want.) And throwing knives are only a deterrent, because the effect is only temporary and can be nullified by other abilities. Still, these tactics are frustrating to deal with, and are even worse when used combination. Let's hope Ubisoft can come up with creative ways to steer players away from these tactics.

Stowdace
06-25-2011, 01:20 AM
I could probably live with flee'ers on Manhunt considering we need to Hide and Survive. Runners don't bother me that much since they're only hurting themselves. Roofers are terrible but I myself would only go on one for an Acrobatic and/or Focus kill or when I'm trying to escape.

As I've heard and read, a penalty will be given to roof overuse in Revelations which could help.

obliviondoll
06-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Get better at flanking approaches on Runners.

Use Knives PROPERLY to catch roofers.

Get better at stealth to catch flee-ers before they bolt.

ALL of them are legitimate tactics, and a TRULY skilled player will be able to beat them all by VARYING their playstyle, rather than trying to force their stealth ideals onto opponents who won't cooperate.

Runners will force mediocre scores on decent players, but will still give high-scoring kills away to a skilled player. Approach from an unexpected direction, Drop Kill/Acrobatic, Silent, sometimes Incognito, you can catch them off-guard with Hidden bonuses if you set it up right (or bring Strong/RR Disguise), and they're more likely to give you Saviour/Poacher bonuses, because they start chases, and force lesser players to also start chases with them.

Not to mention, the occasional chase kill can be an entertaining diversion when you're getting frustrated at going up against bad players.

Mouse03
06-25-2011, 02:40 AM
I don't like runners who will run the full game. And i don't like roofers who do nothing but camp up there with their guns and/or endless air assults.

But I will run if i see my pursuer and i don't have a defensive ability, or if i don't want to use it. What's wrong with that?
And if i see you coming, and i turn around and go the other way, and then get a lure bonus, that's 100pts to me.

People also will turn and flee to make sure what they've seen in the corner of their eye in infact their pursuer, because that person will no doubt be following (a mistake i make too often). In which case, you, the pursuer will end up being stunned, lured, or provoked into a chase, then smoked and stunned.

What do you want the target to do? Just stand there and wait for you?

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 02:42 AM
Well, I like to think I'm a skilled player (I was 29th on the free-for-all leaderboard at one point, now I'm resting at about 90. Check it out, PSN awsmith2006, lol)

But, I don't like the throwing knives. They take up an ability slot, and I rarely need to use them unless I'm dealing with roofers/runners/flee'ers. Also, when I get knifed, I'm rarely killed, because I can use smoke bombs or charge and get the stun anyway. And the same goes for my running targets; the only way to safely knife-kill them is to knife them, the run up a wall and arial-assasinate them (and it takes the perfect set-up to achieve this) So, after all this trouble to "level the playing field" with these tactics, I find it's easier to just complain about them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, I spend a lot of time in first place during matches, so I tend to have multiple pursuers, which makes it difficult to lead off runners properly. Sometimes, I just kill a random NPC, just so I can get a new target. It saves me time, and allows me to get a true high-point kill (you can't get a 2900 pt. kill on a runner!) That's why I like hiders. They think they can hide, but all they're doing is giving me an incognito/focus/hidden/poison kill. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
What do you want the target to do? Just stand there and wait for you?

Well, I see your point, but that's not what I'm saying. See, my definition of "fleeing" is when a target just runs when they hear the whispering (meaning a pursuer is nearby.) They don't know who I am, so they run. There's no saving an ability, there's no waiting for an ability to recharge. It's just a guy making me follow him until I can get the advantage (by using an arial, blended, or otherwise stealthy approach.)

Your fleeing is different. You're tactically leading your pursuer on, so you can take advantage and get the stun. That's a pro tactic. Do you see the difference? (It's what I do, too.)

So, no, I don't expect the target to just sit there for me (although, that would be nice, lol) I just hate being the victim of a true runner/flee'er/roofer (from now on, I'll just refer to them as n00bs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )

catdog363
06-25-2011, 02:54 AM
So many of these treads lately. I wonder why lol.

Runners - if he's just running like crazy, just stay on the ground and try to figure out where he wants to land. No need to chase him up there if you know he's eventually gonna go down.

Flee'ers - They see their pursuer, they naturally run. Better to stay stealthy in the first place than before letting flee'ers have the chance to run and identify you.

Roofers - The most annoying kind. Gun and Knives are the solution. Just time it wisely.

I found that accepting the fact that big scoring games are just not likely in a lobby full of runners is helpful in dealing with the frustration. RR Disg/SA Poison just doesn't always work :P

obliviondoll
06-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by awsmith2006:
Well, I like to think I'm a skilled player (I was 29th on the free-for-all leaderboard at one point, now I'm resting at about 90. Check it out, PSN awsmith2006, lol)

But, I don't like the throwing knives. They take up an ability slot, and I rarely need to use them unless I'm dealing with roofers/runners/flee'ers. Also, when I get knifed, I'm rarely killed, because I can use smoke bombs or charge and get the stun anyway. And the same goes for my running targets; the only way to safely knife-kill them is to knife them, the run up a wall and arial-assasinate them (and it takes the perfect set-up to achieve this) So, after all this trouble to "level the playing field" with these tactics, I find it's easier to just complain about them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, I spend a lot of time in first place during matches, so I tend to have multiple pursuers, which makes it difficult to lead off runners properly. Sometimes, I just kill a random NPC, just so I can get a new target. It saves me time, and allows me to get a true high-point kill (you can't get a 2900 pt. kill on a runner!) That's why I like hiders. They think they can hide, but all they're doing is giving me an incognito/focus/hidden/poison kill. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif
So you're saying you're a high-scoring slacker?

All good. You do well against your preferred targets, and *#&$% and moan about people who make it hard for you.

So no, they don't make the game less enjoyable as a whole, they only make it less enjoyable FOR YOU.

Make your OP a clear opinion piece and I won't argue.

Also, I can get 1000+ poison kills on runners pretty easily on runners. Got one in the opening minute of a match earlier today (Silent/Poison/Hidden/Variety = 1000). I went on to win the match with only that one kill, because I turtled up after it to see how long I could hold onto my lead without any kills. Got overtaken at about 1:00 left, then had a literal last-second Lure/Escape/Close Call which put me back into 1st place.

Try playing for fun more than high scores occasionally. Do interesting things instead of worrying so much about perfection.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by catdog363:
Flee'ers - They see their pursuer, they naturally run. Better to stay stealthy in the first place than before letting flee'ers have the chance to run and identify you.
always work :P

Well, I shouldn't have said "see" me; rather, they hear me. They hear the whispering (the sound when a pursuer is near) and they run based on that. So, no amount of stealth can fix this. They will run, especially when they can't see me.

And even with these tactics, I still usually take 1st place. But for me, it doesn't matter if I take first. The score is more important, lol. That's why I'm crying about this.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
So you're saying you're a high-scoring slacker?

All good. You do well against your preferred targets, and *#&$% and moan about people who make it hard for you.

So no, they don't make the game less enjoyable as a whole, they only make it less enjoyable FOR YOU.

Make your OP a clear opinion piece and I won't argue.

Also, I can get 1000+ poison kills on runners pretty easily on runners. Got one in the opening minute of a match earlier today (Silent/Poison/Hidden/Variety = 1000). I went on to win the match with only that one kill, because I turtled up after it to see how long I could hold onto my lead without any kills. Got overtaken at about 1:00 left, then had a literal last-second Lure/Escape/Close Call which put me back into 1st place.

Try playing for fun more than high scores occasionally. Do interesting things instead of worrying so much about perfection.

Well said, sir. These tactics make the game less enjoyable... for me. I started this thread by saying "I would like to share my thoughts on a few ACB Multi-Players tactics." By this, I meant that these are my opinions. Sorry I didn't make that clear. The purpose of this thread is to voice my opinion, then have people like you voice your own. Mission accomplished. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh, and to me, nothing is more important than achieving a high score. I could take 1st place in a match, but if my score is less than 3000, I'm not satisfied. And likewise, I could take 3rd place in a match, but if my score is 8000+, I'll be satisfied.

IBYCFOTA
06-25-2011, 04:45 AM

Sounds like you're just not that familliar with how to use knives properly. Of course throwing a knife at a running target doesn't prevent him from using his abilities, but it does prevent him from moving, and thus your target becomes very easy prey for an aerial kill.

de1ty86
06-25-2011, 04:46 AM
I don't have a problem with fleeing when I have three pursuers in Wanted and only one or no abilities available. It's just suicide to engage at that point. I know how you feel though, it can be annoying coming up against runners. It's happened alot lately in Manhunt, as frustrating as it is they're not earning any defensive points from it even if they are limiting kill points. If they're running and doing it on roofs just head them off. Instead of running straight to them take note of which direction they're heading and make your way ahead, doesn't always work if they realise what's going on though. But it's a great feeling getting poison kills on runners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I agree with you. It makes it less enjoyable for me also but it's just about dealing with it, different playstyles and all that. It'd be great if people just ran directly to me and just stood still http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif If it works, fair play for being so frustrating to hunt down.

Btw, your name looks very familiar. Did I play against you last night?

oORennoc92Oo
06-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I don't mind flee-ers per say, as trying to stun someone while they know your coming is rather hard, roofers it depends, if your up there to cut someone off or escape someone fine, i don't mind but if you go up a roof or a ledge and wait til someone comes and tries to kill you, i'll be a tiny bit annoyed at you.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by de1ty86:
Btw, your name looks very familiar. Did I play against you last night?

You might have, I don't really know. My PSN is awsmith2006. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

whattafool
06-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Why runners have a totally viable tactic...

<span class="flash-video"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
style="height: 390px; width: 640px"
><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYOBcrwrTKI?version=3"
name="movie"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
height="390"
width="640"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYOBcrwrTKI?version=3"
/></object></span>

demFroG
06-25-2011, 05:56 AM
You guys also know thats what 2x is for its not a reward for getting ur chops knocked out its for maniac rooms with alot of kills. My favorite thing todo is win a runner/roofer room with like 3 kills. Three guys all in dbl digit kills 4/1 k/d and lil ol me 1/3 with 5000points and nobody even close its priceless.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by whattafool:

Well, no, this is ABXantos. He's not a runner. In this video, he's running towards his targets, then taking his time to get bonuses. He runs from pursuers only during a chase, otherwise he attacks his pursuers. He is neither a runner, nor a roofer, nor a flee'er.

whattafool
06-25-2011, 06:51 AM
He's running almost the entire time = runner. I'm pretty sure the only places he stopped running were when he activated disguise, or came within sight of his target. The only difference between him and most others, is that he's good at it, but I can't imagine how many people rage after having to chase him around the map, which is what your original problem with runners was.

persiateddy95
06-25-2011, 06:53 AM
What Alex said. He runs, but he still gets high scoring kills and games.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 07:01 AM
He's running almost the entire time = runner. I'm pretty sure the only places he stopped running were when he activated disguise, or came within sight of his target. The only difference between him and most others, is that he's good at it, but I can't imagine how many people rage after having to chase him around the map, which is what your original problem with runners was.

No, go back up and re-read my definition of "runner." You'll find that ABXanto's techniques don't match my definitions of runner, roofer, or flee'er.

ABXantos has a destination, he's making good kills, and I can predict where he's going and why. I've played him dozens of times, and I've only won a few times, but I've never become frustrated with him as a player.

Matteo90Fi
06-25-2011, 07:08 AM
knives & hidden gun

=)

whattafool
06-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Runners - These are the players who run constantly, and seemingly without a destination. Sure, they'll run toward their target (usually entering a Chase, the result of which depends on the player) but as soon as they kill their target (or lose their contract) they continue running full speed. It can be difficult to catch a runner, and ultimately they make you sink to their level to catch them. Runners usually get low scores themselves, and at the same time they cause others to score low. It's a lose/lose. Runners make ACB less enjoyable.
Well I may have mis-understood what you were getting at,and I'm willing to accept that, but a lot of the things you listed match up with the play-style.

And to do with that last statement, runners may make the game less enjoyable when you want your scores, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to play like them.

LadyGahan2010
06-25-2011, 07:45 AM
@whattafool, if Xantos is a runner you never played against real runners. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
No, I'm not saying that coz I am an OT. I was trying to achieve what he is good at long before I even entered their lair. Try to get ANY points if you just mop around in a walking crowd for the whole game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

@OP
I had about a week of bad games, with people who TV in my face and enter chases 2 secs away from me etc etc... Yesterday I got so upset I started doing the same thing. Lo and behold, my mood improved significantly, I had a blast, still ended up at least 2nd, if not 1st, I got everyone on their toes etc etc. My point is, I hate all what you said, I agree it ruins the game for people like us, "turtles", but the "offenders" have no clue about anything you say. They have fun, that's most important to them, I assume. They still can't SEE even if I stunned them in their face three times in one game while using TV http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

YourInnate
06-25-2011, 10:11 AM
As much as someone like Xantos runs, I wouldn't call him a runner. I do kind of agree with the op in his definition of runner, in the sense that runners never stop or slow down to get good scoring kills, they just run to get the kill in general. I play the exact same way as Xantos, and have never considered myself a runner.

The facts are, the game has a time limit. Which means, literally, that you have a limited amount of time to score all the points you possibly can. Part of making efficient use of all the time they give you, is running. You HAVE to run from target to target to be able to get 10+ kills in a match. You can't score all the bonuses associated with the kills without getting the kills.

To clarify, most people can run around and get 10 kills a match worth between 100-300 points. They might get some kill streaks off, but as good as kill streaks are 300 (silent kills) x 10 (kills) + 300( silent kill streak) x 3 (# of kill streaks) still only amounts to 3900 points. It's when you start accounting for
5 of those silent kills actually being incognito (+500 points) and
6+ hidden kills (+1200 points) and
4 + agony kills (+1200 points) and
variety/greater (+600 points) and
4 stuns and 4 escapes (+1200 points) and the
acrobatic/focus/savior/poacher/revenge/grounded you need to get to achieve greater (+450 points[1 of each bonus, even though you will likely get more])
is when you actually start racking up the points. (The set of kills I just listed with the bonuses I accounted for adds up to 9050 (a respectable score by most accounts in a game mode like wanted.)

If you want to start breaking 10k in something like wanted, you are shooting for the 5th and 6th agony, and hoping for 8+ hidden kills. Also, going for 12+ kills instead of 10+ is generally desirable. My personal best in Wanted is 13250. I went 15-4. I had 8 silent, 2 focus, 9 hidden, 1 acro, 9 escape, 4 stun, 7 incognito, 6 agony, 3 lure, 4 chain, variety, and greater, and 1450 of other points (4 kill streaks, and various 50 point bonuses). To make gravy all over this, is the fact that I ran from kill to kill.

By comparison, when I played turtle style in first place, you are never breaking 7k-8k. Playing turtle style will net you no more than 6-7 kills, but could net you 15+ stuns. Sure, 15 stuns amounts to 3k worth of points, but 7 kills worth 500 (a high kill average) added to that only amounts to 6500 points.

Ultimately, to score high, you have to kill. You have to kill fast, and for a lot of points. The best players in terms of scoring high, do it by getting a lot of kills, and having almost all of them be worth more than 500 points. To do all this, you have to run, and roof, and flee. Stuns almost always leave you too vulnerable to other pursuers to make it worth it. Escapes may be less points, but they are better, therefore, you run all the time to force people into chasing you.

Tl;dr - The best players in the game run, roof, and flee. Also, the worst players in the game run, roof, and flee. Deal with it.

obliviondoll
06-25-2011, 07:20 PM
By OP's definition, Xantos isn't a runner. By mine, he is. But by my definition, he's a skilled runner, which makes it ok. Just like a lot of players don't call Starscream a roofer because even though he sometimes spends 90% of a match on rooftops, he's GOOD.

I don't think saying "runners who are good don't count"

I see Xantos running without a target and when he's not in a chase on his videos - usually to help him keep track of nearby players or to get away from them if he suspects them of being pursuers, or getting to a "neutral" position near the middle of the map when he's in a corner, but it still looks like aimless running without a target.

Trying to blanket "runners" or "roofers" or "flee-ers" as being bad players when there are good players who do all the same things as them, but who time their actions better, doesn't really fit, imo.

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I see Xantos running without a target and when he's not in a chase on his videos - usually to help him keep track of nearby players or to get away from them if he suspects them of being pursuers, or getting to a "neutral" position near the middle of the map when he's in a corner, but it still looks like aimless running without a target.

The fact that he has a plan (getting away from perspective pursuers, getting to a "neutral" location, ect.) mean he's not a runner, by my definition. When hunting him, you know what he's thinking and where he's going, and you can take advantage of that. I enjoy playing with ABXantos (even though he usually wins, lol)

oORennoc92Oo
06-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey, thought your name look familiar! Don't if you remember me but you played pretty good mathes with me not long ago, hope i wasn't a runner...

obliviondoll
06-25-2011, 07:55 PM
By OP's definition, Xantos isn't a runner.

Originally posted by awsmith2006:
The fact that he has a plan (getting away from perspective pursuers, getting to a "neutral" location, ect.) mean he's not a runner, by my definition.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I covered that.

Of course, when his current plan can be broken down to "be not where I am now" it's a little harder to anticipate.

Grygier
06-25-2011, 08:23 PM

lol serious i can't believe he gets away with some of those stuns and kills.

ah I can't wait for ACR... that type of play style just won't be as effective.

Dave0718
06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by grygier:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whattafool:

ah I can't wait for ACR... that type of play style just won't be as effective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes its great that the best players in the game are going to be forced to play only one way or get penalized, yes it is just so very great.

get a clue, your one of those whiny babies who cant get high scores in games because of all the skill being thrown at your face, and your the kind of idiot ubisoft listened to when they are making revelations.

They listened to the whiners and not the really skilled players, and all the good players are going to be very disapointed when ACR comes out that it is making them come down to your pathetic skill level

xCr0wnedNorris
06-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Dave0718:

yes its great that the best players in the game are going to be forced to play only one way or get penalized, yes it is just so very great.

get a clue, your one of those whiny babies who cant get high scores in games because of all the skill being thrown at your face, and your the kind of idiot ubisoft listened to when they are making revelations.

They listened to the whiners and not the really skilled players, and all the good players are going to be very disapointed when ACR comes out that it is making them come down to your pathetic skill level

Dude, simmer down. You're borderline trolling at this point. The guy voiced his opinion, nothing more. There was no call for insulting him like that. Why do you always have to seem so angry all the time?

obliviondoll
06-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Dude, simmer down. You're <STRIKE>borderline</STRIKE> trolling at this point. The guy voiced his opinion, nothing more. There was no call for insulting him like that. Why do you always have to seem so angry all the time?
Fixed that for you.

Dave0718
06-26-2011, 03:28 AM
I was actually not trolling, that is actually how i feel about people who dont have skill want everything changed so the game will be really slow so they can catch up.

the fast paced action that we are used to is what these people dont want.

and it bugs the hell out of me.

so for the record i was not trolling, and i'm just a naturally angry person when it comes to morons.

ask my friends, if someone is being mean to them, they call me to go off on them.

moral of the story,don't get on my badside http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

oORennoc92Oo
06-26-2011, 06:24 AM

If the ACR ends up being terrible, we still have ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LadyGahan2010
06-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by oORennoc92Oo:
If the ACR ends up being terrible, we still have ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

How many will still play though? Waiting times 20-30 mins per match? Great.

RebeccaLH
06-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I dont mind 'flee'ers' why would you just wait for someone to kill you.

BigBalledEagle
06-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by RebeccaLH:
I dont mind 'flee'ers' why would you just wait for someone to kill you.
I understand that sometimes fleeing is the best strategy. However, there comes a time when the defensive player must realize that the objective of the game is to score more points than the other players. If you are running just for the sake of getting away from all other players, you are earning exactly 0 points. Most of these people who flee are probably aware of the fact that they are earning 0 points, so they must know that they cannot win with 0 points.

Why do they even play if their sole intention is to earn 0 points and try to make everyone else earn 0 points as well?

whattafool
06-26-2011, 02:21 PM
In FFA then Fleeing is fine. In team though you should always go for the stuns no matter what. Even if you get killed, a team member can get a stun/stun-lock going from it.

RebeccaLH
06-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I forgot about manhunt , yes for that theres no point unless you have no abilities but like ^^^ in wanted then i dont see a problem since you will be going to your target.

DaVe_RoCk_
06-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Dude, what was the whole purpose of your posting? was it a ranting? maybe a call for all these "people that make ACB less enjoyable" to stop doing what "makes ACB less enjoyable"? do you want tips to get to these people?

Ok i re-read, just a sharing? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ABXantos
06-26-2011, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Dude, simmer down. You're <STRIKE>borderline</STRIKE> <STRIKE>trolling</STRIKE> [mad] at this point. The guy voiced his opinion, nothing more. There was no call for insulting him like that. Why do you always have to seem so angry all the time?
Fixed that for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed that striking for everyone.

Learn the definition of trolling, all of you. Trolling is a art. Not when someone is mad. Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And why am I a topic of discussion? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
btw hi Alex! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ARIANit_
06-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Dude, simmer down. You're <STRIKE>borderline</STRIKE> <STRIKE>trolling</STRIKE> [mad] at this point. The guy voiced his opinion, nothing more. There was no call for insulting him like that. Why do you always have to seem so angry all the time?

Learn the definition of trolling, all of you. Trolling is an art. Not when someone is mad. Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And why am I a topic of discussion? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
btw hi Alex! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed that for you, Xantos. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ABXantos
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ARIANit_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Learn the definition of trolling, all of you. Trolling is an art. Not when someone is mad. Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

btw hi Alex! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed that for you, Xantos. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://bank.imgdumpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/trolling-is-a-art.jpg
And THIS is how you troll someone. xD

Grygier
06-26-2011, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grygier:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whattafool:

ah I can't wait for ACR... that type of play style just won't be as effective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They listened to the whiners and not the really skilled players, and all the good players are going to be very disapointed when ACR comes out that it is making them come down to your pathetic skill level </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh man.. sorry you know nothing about how i play.

and you think that's not happening now in ACB? many players are being forced to play a certain way. Even with your own words you are saying aggressive players, runners, roofers are the best... do you not think that is a problem? if a certain play style is considered the best?

Good players will have no problem with the changes they will enter the game figure it out and reach the high scores possible...

wabashop2011
06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
@ ABXantos
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
American Psycho, brilliant

true_gamer316
06-26-2011, 05:15 PM
okay i pearsonally flee from my pursuer as a defense BECAUSE i dont use smoke bomb and i can get 6k-9k points in wanted instead of complaining about these players if there good at what they do than dont yell at them for it

E-Zekiel
06-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Get better at flanking approaches on Runners.

Use Knives PROPERLY to catch roofers.

Get better at stealth to catch flee-ers before they bolt.

ALL of them are legitimate tactics, and a TRULY skilled player will be able to beat them all by VARYING their playstyle, rather than trying to force their stealth ideals onto opponents who won't cooperate.

Runners will force mediocre scores on decent players, but will still give high-scoring kills away to a skilled player. Approach from an unexpected direction, Drop Kill/Acrobatic, Silent, sometimes Incognito, you can catch them off-guard with Hidden bonuses if you set it up right (or bring Strong/RR Disguise), and they're more likely to give you Saviour/Poacher bonuses, because they start chases, and force lesser players to also start chases with them.

Not to mention, the occasional chase kill can be an entertaining diversion when you're getting frustrated at going up against bad players.

Couldn't have said it better myself, sir.

While I do prefer stealth by a large quantity, people do chases a disservice in underestimating how fun they can be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That said... I'm a flee-er if I am certain my pursuer has identified me and I have no way to counter them. It's a legit tactic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

solidSN20
06-26-2011, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grygier:

They listened to the whiners and not the really skilled players, and all the good players are going to be very disapointed when ACR comes out that it is making them come down to your pathetic skill level </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

U mad because the lag-abusing playstyle is going down the toilet? I hope ACR puts an end to runners and people who are waiting for others to get stuck in the killing animation before they make a move.
We cant handle so much skill...

ABXantos
06-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by solidSN20:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave0718:

U mad because the lag-abusing playstyle is going down the toilet? I hope ACR puts an end to runners and people who are waiting for others to get stuck in the killing animation before they make a move.
We cant handle so much skill... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a server problem not the game itself. If you want to hope for anything, hope the Ubisoft builds a dedicated server for Assassin's Creed Revelations.

As for my play style in question, it will still exist, but it will have to evolve and adapt to the new system in ACR, something that I will enjoy doing.

solidSN20
06-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah, dedicated servers would be great

awsmith2006
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
btw hi Alex! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Xantos! Well, really, you weren't meant to be the victim of my rant. Your techniques don't match my definitions of runner, roofer, or flee'er. You run to get to your targets, then take your time to kill them with high scores. You flee from your known target, so you can take advantage and stun/escape, intelligently. You roof only get where you're going, or for acrobatic/ariel bonuses, or escaping.

So, you aren't a runner/roofer/flee'er, you're Xantos. And I'd be fine with the Xantos-style of playing to thrive in Assassin's Creed Revelations. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PlasticAssasin8
06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Ruuners, yeah fair enough.
But isn't the fun of the game is figuring how to combat all those different tactics out there.

To someone looking, it's running, but to the player it's their specific tactic and good on them. Maybe they look at people playing "turtle" and think pfft what a bore.

I had one of the ones talked about , all he did was run, run ,run was at the bottom of the score sheet and ran some more.
Typically i kept getting him as my target , then he kept sitting on the cross in pienza i think it was. Geeez mate cmon, do something!! , so if i got him i nailed an innocent to reset. Lost less time doing that than chasing him.

Then got stunned, oops and the pity was i could switch to my gun. Lets say he didn't sit on that cross for long when he was my target again. Yeah it damaged my score ( no big deal there) but i learnt from it.

If you get a game full of runners or a runner that's brilliant use it as a training ground and try things to combat them, test out your defence strategies etc.

I may be wrong, but i don't think this was meant to be an easy game.

PryingTuna85649
06-26-2011, 11:51 PM
I have to second obliviondoll (I'm pretty sure brought this point up). Runners may suck, but it's not impossible to get decent kills on them. I've gotten poisons off on runners numerous times (one of which was tonight). I just played a match where the Prowler was literally doing nothing but running. The guy had no idea how to play, though...it was very obvious. Breaking into chases, etc. Either that or he was being dumb and going SuperPro on Ranked matches. I managed to get a poison on him that ended up being around 1000 points. And it did only hurt him, because I got 2nd in the first match, 1st in the second match, and he stayed in the bottom and also didn't have a high Templar rank. *shrugs* And I may b**** and moan about people running (as well as swear at my tv), but I can still tell a difference between someone who is a stupid runner and someone who plays like ABXantos.