PDA

View Full Version : Win a 35mm Print of Your Film at the 2006 AIFF

aiff
04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
The Australian International Film Festival is pleased to announce the first of many prizes, filmmakers have the opportunity to win a 35mm print of their feature or short film as apart of the Special Citation for Best DV/Digital Film award.

"This is what filmmakers need, a 35mm print to attract Internationally known movie studios, festival sponsors and distributors. The AIFF is giving the very best DV/digital short or feature this most important avenue of exposure" says Aron Ping D'Souza, Executive Director of the Festival.

Entry into the AIFF is opened to features, shorts and new media works from any country. The festival has no restriction on production date. Only films submitted on a digital or video-based medium are eligible for this special citation. Accepted formats are: BetaSP, DigiBeta, HDCAM, MiniDV, DVD, DVCAM, Memory Chip, Data CD-ROM, Quicktime, AVI, MPEG.

The Special Citation will be judged on the quality of story being told and the use of its DV/digital medium. The Special Citation for Best Digital Film is judged by the executive staff of the AIFF and will be announced with the Golden Spotlight on Closing Night. Included in this prestigious prize is data preparation, film recording using an Arri Laser recorder, work print, optical sound negative, syncing, grading and an answer print.

The AIFF has one of the most diverse and unique competitions of any film festival in the world. "We recognize that films excel in different ways, from traditional story telling to the visual ecstasy of new media. At the AIFF, this will be celebrated" says Cameron R. Male, CEO of the Festival.
Across twenty-nine categories, the AIFF's Golden Spotlight Competition aims to promote unique aspects of the Australian and International film community.

The AIFF accepts films on virtually any format, from 16mm to IMAX and miniDV to HDCAM. The festival recognizes that good stories are told in a variety of mediums and support filmmakers by choosing venues with the finest in digital and film projection facilities.

The Special Citation for Best DV/Digital Film is bound by the terms and conditions of the MMVI Australian International Film Festival. The prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.

More information about the festival can be found at www.aiff.com.au (http://www.aiff.com.au) The festival accepts films via WithoutABox.com Entires for the MMVI Australian International Film Festival close on 30 July 2006.

For your chance to win this ultimate prize, enter your film at http://www.withoutabox.com/login/4910

aiff
04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
The Australian International Film Festival is pleased to announce the first of many prizes, filmmakers have the opportunity to win a 35mm print of their feature or short film as apart of the Special Citation for Best DV/Digital Film award.

"This is what filmmakers need, a 35mm print to attract Internationally known movie studios, festival sponsors and distributors. The AIFF is giving the very best DV/digital short or feature this most important avenue of exposure" says Aron Ping D'Souza, Executive Director of the Festival.

Entry into the AIFF is opened to features, shorts and new media works from any country. The festival has no restriction on production date. Only films submitted on a digital or video-based medium are eligible for this special citation. Accepted formats are: BetaSP, DigiBeta, HDCAM, MiniDV, DVD, DVCAM, Memory Chip, Data CD-ROM, Quicktime, AVI, MPEG.

The Special Citation will be judged on the quality of story being told and the use of its DV/digital medium. The Special Citation for Best Digital Film is judged by the executive staff of the AIFF and will be announced with the Golden Spotlight on Closing Night. Included in this prestigious prize is data preparation, film recording using an Arri Laser recorder, work print, optical sound negative, syncing, grading and an answer print.

The AIFF has one of the most diverse and unique competitions of any film festival in the world. "We recognize that films excel in different ways, from traditional story telling to the visual ecstasy of new media. At the AIFF, this will be celebrated" says Cameron R. Male, CEO of the Festival.
Across twenty-nine categories, the AIFF's Golden Spotlight Competition aims to promote unique aspects of the Australian and International film community.

The AIFF accepts films on virtually any format, from 16mm to IMAX and miniDV to HDCAM. The festival recognizes that good stories are told in a variety of mediums and support filmmakers by choosing venues with the finest in digital and film projection facilities.

The Special Citation for Best DV/Digital Film is bound by the terms and conditions of the MMVI Australian International Film Festival. The prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.

More information about the festival can be found at www.aiff.com.au (http://www.aiff.com.au) The festival accepts films via WithoutABox.com Entires for the MMVI Australian International Film Festival close on 30 July 2006.

For your chance to win this ultimate prize, enter your film at http://www.withoutabox.com/login/4910

Delta-Core-Fin
04-22-2006, 07:22 AM
erm.... What good is it if its 35mm big???

wouldnt u like need a magnifying glass to see it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

aiff
04-24-2006, 01:33 AM
That would depend on which row you're sitting in.

snatchio
04-24-2006, 03:08 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifI take it it's 35mm film reel?
Sounds interesting. If a piece gets selected and shown at the festival, do we get tickets to go and attend? If so, you'll find that the entire community will submit their stuff!

Looking forward to it.

aiff
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Yes you will be able to see your film if it is Officially selected for the 2006 competition.
What other film festivals have you submitted to?

snatchio
04-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Sorry, I should have clarified. If we get tickets TO FLY to Australia to see your own film, you'll get serious interest! I personally haven't submitted any to other film festivals. Stuff on this forum isn't really film festival standard mainly because the copyright issue is not properly resolved. For starters, none of us do 3-D modelling or animation, and we all use the same off-the-shelf graphics engine (i.e. this flying game). As for music, 99% of films use commercial stuff that we haven't paid copyright for.

If you accept entries as "machinema", i.e. an assumption made that commercial games are used, then people might qualify. Otherwise, 3-D animators will be up in arms if we could qualify for general CGI competition!

I'm relatively new here so I don't want to speak on behalf of the forum, but I think my view is not too inaccurate. There is one project, however, called Faith Hope and Charity which is a little more sophisticated in all departments (I heard they do their own music!), and they might be interested in submitting to Film Festivals.

aiff
04-30-2006, 11:20 PM
We look forward to seeing lead actors/actresses, directors and producers of each officially selected film here in Melbourne for the MMVI Australian International Film Festival.

We have confirmed news that Oscar nominated directors, winner of the Grand Jury prize at he Rome Film Festival and a lead member of the creative team of Harry Potter will be attending the festival for its 2006 competition.

The festival will be subsidising flights and accomodation for selected film makers.

We accept virtually every form of the linear moving image including Machinema.
It is an objective of the Australian International Film Fetsival to encourage the growth of the cinematic form across a plethora of different mediums.

We look forward to the seeing the exciting works of mew media and traditional story telling from great artists around the world.

HotelBushranger
05-01-2006, 05:55 AM
I reckon this is a great opportunity for some of the great movies people have made to get some well deserved credit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

GL2
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi, Aron. A couple of questions for you...

How much is the price of submitting a film? I can't tell from your Web site.

Would it be possible to submit a film in time for the deadline and then later update the submission after more post-production work has been completed on it? Other film festivals will allow that. If so, what would the cut-off date be for the final version?

I noticed a number of 'best' award categories. Which one(s) include the 35mm print prize?

Should DVD entries be in NTSC or PAL?

Just curious: How did you learn of the movie forum at this site?

Thanks.

Tooz_69GIAP
05-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, glad to see representatives actively searching for machinima entries. There are certainly a large number of talented producers using various digital media around, not to mention a few around these parts!

Hopefully there may be some entries from our community http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif