PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in a Podcast? - TCT Request

stevecrox
08-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello all, I had originally started this question on the UO forums, but it has been suggested by an explorer that not everyone frequents UO. So in order to gain a wider opinion I am posting this here and on other forums and so to my point.

I'm one of two Editorial Procuders for The Cavern Today and am starting my planning for our 18th podcast, but as I sit back I realise I don't have any ideas for this podcast, until new storyline or other developments occur I'm not sure what to put in it. Some people at TCT have also suggested problems with some of our design and so this thread, I'm looking to find out what people want in The Cavern Today, what are your current favorite bits, what bits do you hate, what would you like to hear, what suggestions do you have, what would you like improved? Any and all ideas would be nice, I'll promise to give any idea a chance

Interviews
Segments where TCT members act as themselves and what they like
TCT Tech Segment (This is a good segment as is the format)
IC Segments
Forum summations (things like the Starfyre incident and TG's quest for beta)
TCT members exploring our own passions, botanists classifing in game flowers etc...
Increased number of casts (we are working on this)
Madge Millicuddy Segments
Release dates (Actually we are currently trying for the 5th and 20th of each month)
Good news reporting

Dislike
Length (A suggestion that 45 mins to an hour would be prefferable)
Sound Leveling
In cavern Announcements with background echo
The Weather report

Finally I would like to suggest if anyone does wish to join TCT then please contact either myself,Miles,J'nathus,Ann (Ruby) or Supergram we do require people to sign an NDA but it is so people can enjoy the podcasts more.

stevecrox
08-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello all, I had originally started this question on the UO forums, but it has been suggested by an explorer that not everyone frequents UO. So in order to gain a wider opinion I am posting this here and on other forums and so to my point.

I'm one of two Editorial Procuders for The Cavern Today and am starting my planning for our 18th podcast, but as I sit back I realise I don't have any ideas for this podcast, until new storyline or other developments occur I'm not sure what to put in it. Some people at TCT have also suggested problems with some of our design and so this thread, I'm looking to find out what people want in The Cavern Today, what are your current favorite bits, what bits do you hate, what would you like to hear, what suggestions do you have, what would you like improved? Any and all ideas would be nice, I'll promise to give any idea a chance

Interviews
Segments where TCT members act as themselves and what they like
TCT Tech Segment (This is a good segment as is the format)
IC Segments
Forum summations (things like the Starfyre incident and TG's quest for beta)
TCT members exploring our own passions, botanists classifing in game flowers etc...
Increased number of casts (we are working on this)
Madge Millicuddy Segments
Release dates (Actually we are currently trying for the 5th and 20th of each month)
Good news reporting

Dislike
Length (A suggestion that 45 mins to an hour would be prefferable)
Sound Leveling
In cavern Announcements with background echo
The Weather report

Finally I would like to suggest if anyone does wish to join TCT then please contact either myself,Miles,J'nathus,Ann (Ruby) or Supergram we do require people to sign an NDA but it is so people can enjoy the podcasts more.

Mowog
09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
(Sound of crickets)

Well then... rousing response, eh?

Guess I'll bump this topic, and reiterate that everything we do in The Cavern Today podcast is for the fans, and even though it would be easiest to build the program around what WE like, we'd much rather seek fan input and give you what YOU like.

Mowog -- writer, editor, actor, reporter, and occasional feature assembler for The Cavern Today.