PDA

View Full Version : Important Question About This!

DapperHayden007
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok, after looking at the Insanity of the game I thought to myself, Will this support a map editor? It seems like the editor would not fit on the disk so maybe if there is one have it on a separate disk instead, Gives a more advanced editor away and allows more detail and destruction within multi-player maps. I already knew this was going to be announced soon because 1. all the rumours and 2. I did a little research the other day and it turned out Ubisoft owned rights to farcry3.com just didn't want to give another spoiler.

x_maxpower
06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I think we can assume it will have an editor, as it's built on the Dunia engine again so no additional development time should be required.

Every version of FC on console and PC has had an editor, so it would be a huge mistake to leave it out now.

DapperHayden007
06-06-2011, 07:58 PM
nice reply there, I really think they could make something with this game, it is already as they say "Highly Anticipated" and that has say for something. I think they used the different studio's for different parts of the game, E.G maybe Ubisoft Montreal For editor, Ubisoft Shanghai for Multi-player And maybe Ubisoft massive for single player. But it could be completely different.

FALLEN CHAMP
06-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Far Cry 2 did ok sales wise, in it's first month it did really well - for a game with a lot of issues and problems it was financially a success.

The editor has always been the best part about the Far Cry games going back to the original xbox and I am sure the PC Community would say the same.

A console will never have the editor tools that a PC should have so I guess FC2 hurt the PC side because basically we got the same (although they did get fires and lights and a few extras)

I would hope that the PC Game gets an editor similar to what they will get when the Crysis 2 one is released, also a way to get their maps onto console like they did with Unreal on PS3 would be a good move.

Speaking for the console side it would be criminal if the game did not ship with an editor, although I do enjoy the single player campaigns and usually play them through a couple of times - the editor is where it's at and without that the game would have a shorter life span and a lot would simply not purchase it.

I agree with maxpower they already have the editor built with FC2 so tweaking it would not be a big job.

One thing which would benefit them would be extra brush sets (downloadable content for the editor)