PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP...KNOWING WHO'S THE BEST

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 03:59 AM
Well I just purchased the long awaited Lock On: Modern Air Combat only to bring it home and have my hopes and expectations which have compiled over about a year and a half be squashed by a product which is riddled with a number of graphical deficiencies.
1.) the weather effects dont appear to work
2.) the water textures wont function at their most spledid reflectory capacity (at least a splendid reflectory capacity which seemed evident in the copious amounts of videos i viewed)
3.)the saitek config which is included on the LOMAC cd seems to be about as useful as a Spad mk.IV in Mig Alley
4.)the looped sound clip which pervades through almost all of the menu screens can't be shut off and most likely has sinister subliminal messages in it
5.) the heat blur effect doesn't enagage

Thusly in conclusion I inquire with the utmost sincerity and respect: WHERES THE ****ING PATCH DAMNIT....

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 03:59 AM
Well I just purchased the long awaited Lock On: Modern Air Combat only to bring it home and have my hopes and expectations which have compiled over about a year and a half be squashed by a product which is riddled with a number of graphical deficiencies.
1.) the weather effects dont appear to work
2.) the water textures wont function at their most spledid reflectory capacity (at least a splendid reflectory capacity which seemed evident in the copious amounts of videos i viewed)
3.)the saitek config which is included on the LOMAC cd seems to be about as useful as a Spad mk.IV in Mig Alley
4.)the looped sound clip which pervades through almost all of the menu screens can't be shut off and most likely has sinister subliminal messages in it
5.) the heat blur effect doesn't enagage

Thusly in conclusion I inquire with the utmost sincerity and respect: WHERES THE ****ING PATCH DAMNIT....

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:12 AM
How can you expect anyone to help you after a post like that?

- 1.) the weather effects dont appear to work

I loaded up a mission via the Fast Battle Planner and selected storms under the weather option and it worked fine for me.

- 2.) the water textures wont function at their most
- spledid reflectory capacity (at least a splendid
- reflectory capacity which seemed evident in the
- copious amounts of videos i viewed)

They work fine for me. Make sure your water detail is at least Medium or higher, although if you go higher you'll take a hit in FPS.

- 3.)the saitek config which is included on the LOMAC
- cd seems to be about as useful as a Spad mk.IV in
- Mig Alley

Make your own then.

- 4.)the looped sound clip which pervades through
- almost all of the menu screens can't be shut off and
- most likely has sinister subliminal messages in it

Turn down the music under the options switch

- 5.) the heat blur effect doesn't enagage

From the readme:

"The HEAT BLUR effect is NOT compatible with your video card anti-aliasing features turned on and will create a conflict that will greatly affect performance and frame rate. If you want HEAT BLUR effects you need to turn off your anti-aliasing settings. Note: The HEAT BLUR effects do not appear for all aircraft (A-10 for example) and will not appear for aircraft if they are traveling at high speeds"

- Thusly in conclusion I inquire with the utmost
- sincerity and respect: WHERES THE ****ING PATCH
- DAMNIT....

Next time try reading the readme that comes with a game before spouting crap like this. Better yet, just stick to your console games.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 12:23 PM
"4.)the looped sound clip which pervades through almost all of the menu screens can't be shut off and most likely has sinister subliminal messages in it
5.) the heat blur effect doesn't enagage"

4.) It can be turned off through the music-slider in the sound option menue

5.) Heatblur is only available on jets. And they only appear at a speed of 400/500 KMH.

<center><font size="1"color="yellow">Click on the banner to check our new site! (takes time to load!)
http://www.72nd.de/sig/trisig.jpg (http://www.ironeagles.de)</font color="white">
<table style="filter:glow[color=#009CFF, strength=6)">
<font color="#FFFFFF"></font>
Lock On: Modern Air Combat >Link (http://lockon.ubisoft.de/)<

S├┬Âldner Secret Wars >Link (http://soldner.jowood.com/)<

Raven Shield >Link (http://www.ravenshield.de/)<
</center>
</table>

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 11:58 PM
LazyPotSmoker you can be my wingman anytime

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 12:23 AM
god.Tribun wrote:

- 5.) Heatblur is only available on jets. And they
- only appear at a speed of 400/500 KMH.

Now that doesn't make sense, as long as a jet engine is running, there is hot exaust coming out the back.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 03:11 AM
That is an astute observation which I am inclined to wonder, rather pertubedly, why I did not make myself...

Also I would like to profer my apologies for my original post. It was a bit prematurely inflammatory. I am actually quite pleased with Lock On and look forward to immersing myself more effectively into the game.