PDA

View Full Version : Connection Lost

Praetorx14
08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Whenever I load up From Dust, I get a "Connection Lost" screen right after the Ubisoft logo. My internet is fine. Am I supposed to be "activating" the game somewhere? I got the game off of steam.

larivanfari
08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
same problem here...

Praetorx14
08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Its annoying me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Krey0n
08-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Same problem, looked everywhere, no luck. Fix this please

tadpole666
08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Same problem here also. Got it from steam too.

Praetorx14
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I've asked in 2 different forums and aparently noone knows how to fix it. I really wana play this game

NDKY
08-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Same here (steam version). it's pretty annoying not being able to play the game I just bought.

Markoluik
08-23-2011, 03:17 AM
I had the same problem but my older brother fix it. The Game needs internet connection. My firewall didn't allow the game to go to internet.
He just clicked on my firewall (Comodo) and added the fromdust.exe and Ubisoft launcher do trusted files.

Scanlan_Cork
08-23-2011, 05:53 AM
It's actually a problem with Ubisoftgamelauncher.exe..maybe you once replaced this files with a dodgy copy (in order to circumvent Ubisoft's horrible DRM policy, or to play a game you got from the internet under shady circumstances) anyway, download it again and you should be fine, it will however stop whatever game you tried to crack from working.

jos101
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
it worked for me then while i was in the options it popped up

marsterdj
06-11-2012, 01:55 AM
ok i fiddled with the files and i found out something and it worked go into ur from dust folder. then support folder. then DetectionTool. and delet everything there but dont delet minRequirements.dat.

Here is the geeky why to locate the folder: C:/programFiles/Ubisoft/support/DetectionTool then delet everything there but not minreuirements.

marsterdj
06-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Whenever I load up From Dust, I get a "Connection Lost" screen right after the Ubisoft logo. My internet is fine. Am I supposed to be "activating" the game somewhere? I got the game off of steam.

ok i fiddled with the files and i found out something and it worked go into ur from dust folder. then support folder. then DetectionTool. and delet everything there but dont delet minRequirements.dat.

Here is the geeky why to locate the folder: C:/programFiles/Ubisoft/support/DetectionTool then delet everything there but not minreuirements.

pennygod
06-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey marsterdj

Thanks for the update! I will pass this along to the support team and let them know of your fix.

Congoville
06-16-2012, 08:46 PM

HI, also with this solution "lost connection" error continues showing at game start! HELP!