PDA

View Full Version : altair vs. ezio, sword fight height of there skills

Radman500
09-13-2011, 08:32 PM
this is probably been asked before, but i will ask again.. my question is who do you think would win in a sword fight.. (no hidden blades, just a 1 on 1 sword fight).. both at the height of there skills...

someone told me the developers said ezio is better at the height of his skills, but i never heard that before...

LukewarmPoptart
09-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Well the synchronization system in AC1 implies that Altair never once got hurt or screwed up in combat during the events of AC1 so I'll say it's Altair

Calvarok
09-13-2011, 10:52 PM
The sync system shows him being alive. it doesn't actually display injuries. Neither does Ezio's. Ezio in Revelations is streets ahead of Altair in AC1.

Altair was probably better when he was older. We haven't seen enough to know.

Also, the cutscenes of AC2-ACB show that Ezio never gets hurt in normal combat. If I recall directly, he gets hurt while being: #1, shot, #2, immobilized by a PoE and stabbed, #3, stabbed by a target in the target's last moments, #4, blown off a carriage and down a ravine by a bomb, although he managed to grab at branches and the side of the ravine to keep his fall from being fatal.

NONE of these have anything to do with swordfighting. NONE of these are anything Altair ever experienced. (yes, he was immobilized by a PoE, but never stabbed.)

We don't have enough information to say wether Altair was better at Ezio's age, but we can assume that they were equal when they were the same age as Altair in AC1. 23, I think.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
The sync system shows him being alive. it doesn't actually display injuries. Neither does Ezio's. Ezio in Revelations is streets ahead of Altair in AC1.

Also, the cutscenes of AC2-ACB show that Ezio never gets hurt in normal combat. If I recall directly, he gets hurt while being: #1, shot, #2, immobilized by a PoE and stabbed, #3, stabbed by a target in the target's last moments, #4, blown off a carriage and down a ravine by a bomb, although he managed to grab at branches and the side of the ravine to keep his fall from being fatal.

NONE of these have anything to do with swordfighting. NONE of these are anything Altair ever experienced. (yes, he was immobilized by a PoE, but never stabbed.)

We don't have enough information to say wether Altair was better at Ezio's age, but we can assume that they were equal when they were the same age as Altair in AC1. 23, I think.
He also got hit in the face by a rock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assassin_M
09-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

He also got hit in the face by a rock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and He fell 8 stories from above with a noose tied around his Neck, was hit by an Arrow, fell about 3 stories in St Peter`s Basilica while chasing the Cardinal.

itsamea-mario
09-14-2011, 01:52 AM
We don't know what Altair was like at the height of his skill, he's only about 25 in AC1.

dxsxhxcx
09-14-2011, 05:49 AM
we can't compare who was better because the enemies AI (or enemy behavior in combat, call the way you want) was different in each game, and people can't compare the entire life of Ezio with only one year of Altair's life, this kind of thread will only have personal opinions because there's no way to know who was better because they didn't fight each other..

but in my personal opinion Altair was better for the simple fact that the guards were more agressive in AC1 and he was able to kill them all.. :P

LightRey
09-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
we can't compare who was better because the enemies AI (or enemy behavior in combat, call the way you want) was different in each game, and people can't compare the entire life of Ezio with only one year of Altair's life, this kind of thread will only have personal opinions because there's no way to know who was better because they didn't fight each other..

but in my personal opinion Altair was better for the simple fact that the guards were more agressive in AC1 and he was able to kill them all.. :P
Make that one year of Alta´r's life 2 months, cuz that's what it was.

Either way this is comparing apples and oranges. Both assassins lived in different times under different circumstances with different purposes.

itsamea-mario
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Though I feel more inclined to Altair, I think It may be the case that Ezio is better in open combat, though I think Altair is much more resourceful and will get by, any means nessecary, not just in combat but in all his functions, he is also probably more of a thinker, philosopher and possibly leader. Whereas ezio seems to be more of a warrior.

But ofcourse we can't say for sure.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I think it would be a standstill, personally.