PDA

View Full Version : Suggested DLC for Revelations -- Poison Crafting

Rakudaton
09-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Howdy!

I was recently contemplating the new bomb crafting system, and thinking about just how much more tactical it will make the assassinations. Having replayed Brotherhood, I found that the Borgia Tower missions were the most fun of any for me, because they required a great deal of strategy for a stealthy kill. With bombs this should be even better.

That gave me an idea: In some sort of DLC for revelations, why not add on a little poison-crafting system that works the same way?

Here's how I imagine it would work. You can carry three types at a time. Instead of having Lethal, Tactical, and Diversion however, they are split up according to delivery mechanism: so you have one poison for your darts, one for your poison blade, and a special one where you scatter florins coated in the poison (anyone who picks them up is caught). Each poison is crafted from two parts:

1) Catalyst -- Affects the speed at which the poison takes effect

>> Rapid Catalyst -- Poison takes effect almost instantly
>> Medium Catalyst -- Poison takes a few seconds to take effect
>> Slow Catalyst -- Poison takes a long time to take effect

2) Effect -- Affects the type of poison

>> Snake Venom -- The target collapses and dies when the poison takes effect
>> Fury Venom -- The target goes berserk and swings their weapon around (like ACII and ACB poison) before dying
>> Haze Toxin -- The target remains standing still, semi-conscious, but will not respond to his environment. For example, a guard will not stop you from entering an area he is guarding while he is in a haze. Because he remains standing, other guards will not become suspicious if they see him. (This poison only stays active for a few seconds)
>> Sleeper Potion -- The target collapses into a deep sleep. May be used on civilians without risk of desynch.
>> Paralytic -- The target is temporarily paralysed. If they are on a high beam or climbing, they will fall to their death.
>> Paranoia Drug -- The target becomes extremely paranoid, thinking he sees enemies everywhere. He will frequently search the area for an enemy he thinks he's spotted. If he is a captain, he will send other guards to investigate as well. Use this to disperse guards.
>> Sickness Drug -- The target becomes violently ill and starts throwing up. Other guards may come to his help and take him to a nearby doctor, leaving the coast clear.

I think it would make a great addition to the bomb system, and it's always nice for DLC to give new gameplay features (I remember how disappointed I was at the Da Vinci Disappearance's "two new gameplay features", which were a boring painting-scan mission and a terrible dice game in La Volpe Addormentata).

Thoughts? Would a poison system like this work? What would be some other decent poisons to have?

SleezeRocker
09-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Sounds pretty cool.

Pretty good Narcotic suggestions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
09-25-2011, 03:09 AM
Yeah, sounds great. Especially since it'd give me more reason to use poison.

InfectedNation
09-25-2011, 03:53 AM
This is exactly what I'm thinking when I play Brotherhood, especially when I need to infiltrate an area, but I don't think the guards deserve to be murdered or beaten the **** out of.

But in case you didn't know already, a great way to knock out guards is to poison dart them (preferably normal poison) then go over and punch them. kindest way so far to deal with them as they only get knocked out and you don't do something really nasty.

Anyway I'm also hoping for poison gas bombs in Rev http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

blazefp
09-25-2011, 04:19 AM
I think the poison is somewhat far stretched already, no need to make it even more.
Plus the ingredients to such complex poisons aren't easy to find, most of them only exist in one part of the world. I don't think Ezio would be able to find them all in Constantinopla, either stealing or for selling.

Yes it would be a cool feature (except for the poisoned coins, which would strike not only the guards but also the people around them), but I don't think it could be possible.

catkiller97
09-25-2011, 04:29 AM
It is already confirmed in a magazine that in cappadocia (the underground city)their are poison mushroom ingredient which can use to craft poison bomb in single player.

Also Common Bombs ingredient is available at Common Shop and in Assassin's Den.

InfectedNation
09-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:
It is already confirmed in a magazine that in cappadocia (the underground city)their are poison mushroom ingredient which can use to craft poison bomb in single player.

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Krayus Korianis
09-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:

Absolutely winning to be perfectly honest. I can't wait, I got the Vlad the Impaler lair in the Signature Edition >.<

wapikas
09-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Best idea ever. I actually like poison crafting idea more than bomb crafting.

eagleforlife1
09-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by wapikas:
Best idea ever. I actually like poison crafting idea more than bomb crafting.

Same here. I'm not keen on bomb crafting at all.

naran6142
09-25-2011, 02:30 PM
i like the idea of different poison effects

but im not sure how the crafting system would work, seeing as how poisons are more complicated then bombs

i dont use poison much, so more reason to use it would be nice

prince162010
09-26-2011, 08:44 AM
good idea....thats what i need

Voltige2011
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
How about adding this to landmines(greatest idea in the history of mankind) and when a guard patrols nearby then it just infects them?
I really feel like saying viral weaponry but......

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I personally like the idea, but I think it should be a bit more unique and less of a copy of the bomb system.

I think that just the poison blade and the darts are enough also.

naran6142
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
maybe just being able to buy different poisons and not a crafting system

blazefp
09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
maybe just being able to buy different poisons and not a crafting system

I think that that would be better. It's quite hard to mix ingredients to create a specific poison with a specific effect on people.

MXiMike
09-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Personally I would absolutely love this! I don't like to just kill all the guards needlessly(like what they're just doing they're job, guarding the city or whatever!) so the different poisons would be brilliant Wish it was in instead of Bomb Crafting.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MXiMike:
Personally I would absolutely love this! I don't like to just kill all the guards needlessly(like what they're just doing they're job, guarding the city or whatever!) so the different poisons would be brilliant Wish it was in instead of Bomb Crafting.

well you dont have to use the bombs to kill if you dont want to

Voltige2011
09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by MXiMike:
Could you not just use fists? It just makes them play dead. Not all guards deserve to survive though, just leave a few alive.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Actually, I think one of the bombs you can make is a poison bomb. ; )

Voltige2011
09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Actually, I think one of the bombs you can make is a poison bomb. ; )
What kind of poison? Is it fast acting (most likely),does it make you dance like canterella, Do you just drop dead? The question of how they die alludes me. Most importantly does it affect civilians?
Anyway I already decided my setup, poison land mines for all story missions. Get the guards attention and make them die a horrible likely agonizing death. My whole idea(need to change it to something more dramatic) was make an example of them, send a few Borgia falling from the sky and they get the message. Never turn around!

scout455
09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I kinda Like it.