PDA

View Full Version : PS3- This game needs radar

Alexov101
08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
The game is pretty cool, but I get so angry when I get shot in the back about 3 times in a row. They need a radar should take some hints from resistance thats got a bad *** radar, but for this game it's got to have a 5x larger distance cause the maps are so big.

Mr.Hanky2005
08-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I personally love the fact that I can walk around without showing up on a radar device.

MrBigRules2007
08-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Hanky2005:
I personally love the fact that I can walk around without showing up on a radar device.

Yeah, our armed forces use similar stuff, but then that just takes the fun out of it.

Jermtheory
08-30-2007, 04:19 PM
radar's lame.

i dont even like using it in Halo(and similar games).

GHOST_OPS_RED
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Get a teammate to watch your back.

OUT FOX EM
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by GHOST_OPS_RED:
Get a teammate to watch your back.

What??? They can do that stuff now?!

My response is always the same to those who complain about getting shot in the back:

"Shoulda turned around." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GHOST_OPS_RED
08-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry I ment in Multiplay.

ZPaul2Fresh8
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah radar would be so lame!

Ha ha ha...

It's bad enough that players are able to run and gun off 10 rounds from the 107 in a few seconds...

In reality, that player would be on the ground and possibly with a dislocated shoulder...

I wish Ubi would slow down the charcters who run and gun with large caliber weapons. Just a brief 2 sec slowdown after firing the weapon would make it better.

treemonkeys2000
09-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Radar and Ghost Recon just don't mix.

MiddyMan
09-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Yep sorry Alexov101. The only reason you feel this way is because you're not very good at the game.

lonegunman718
09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
radar is one of the many things i hate about rainblows six

LEAZY13
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
NO RADAR. that ruins games. if u cant find somebody open your eyes or learn how to play, one of the 2

XxCH0NGxX
09-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Radar is for sissies. Just like having those damn circles above our heads on on Battlefield 2.

If you are getting shot in the back, then start watching your back and listening for footsteps.

AI BLUEFOX
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I think GR2 and Summit Strike both had the ability to switch radar on in multiplayer didn't they? More or less every single host switched it off.

It was a noob feature, and people loathed it.

TW_Night_Fox
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Get your teamates to use RTFA (Ready-Team-Fire-Assist) or MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) manuvers or if you don't have a team, just check your back more often. Radar does not belong in a game that is supposed to portray near-future military combat.

MiddyMan
09-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by TW_Night_Fox:
Get your teamates to use RTFA (Ready-Team-Fire-Assist) or MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) manuvers or if you don't have a team, just check your back more often. Radar does not belong in a game that is supposed to portray near-future military combat.
Are RTFA and MOUT actual features of the game? Or are you just trying to sound clever by quoting real life military jargon that you have just looked up??

BuRN2707
09-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Radar is bull ****, it just tells everyone where you are. What is realistic about that! Resistance gets old partially because of the radar and the constant spawning in crossfire!

usmo_
09-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by MiddyMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TW_Night_Fox:
Are RTFA and MOUT actual features of the game? Or are you just trying to sound clever by quoting real life military jargon that you have just looked up?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i aggree, this game is not nearly as tactilcal as you are making it out to be, its a straight out run and gun with automatic machine guns, hec i played it for 3 weeks from noob status to rank 7 with 4700 points using run and gun techniques. if you get shot from behind, you got unlucky, but you got the same chance of shooting someone else from behind so you cant complain; either way you will get the most kills on the server without even trying

xDIRTY_H4RRYx
09-26-2007, 03:58 AM
A lot of people moan about the arcadey gameplay of the GRAW series but it is EXTREMELY rare that I ever actually see anybody turn off class modifiers. Also, I don't see how people can argue that run n'gun is easily done against anything but newbies. If you're attempting to capture the base from a skilled and well coordinated team your one life is gonna be taken pretty quick if you run in all guns blazing. Lack of communication and tactics are not a fault in the game's design and people need to recognize that these are the primary reasons why the solitary Rambo is able to charge into the base and shoot the whole team in the back. And Usmo much as I hate to disagree with you it isn't just unlucky if you get shot in the back because by running n' gunning you are making yourself a moving target. This type of gameplay does work but I can assure you that the best method of racking up the kills in sharpshooter is by suppressing the team. Run n' gun leaves a lot to chance: who sees who first, who has the more accurate gun, etc. However, by locking down the enemies base you are almost guaranteed a win. I'm not talking about spawnkilling, I'm talking about setting up a perimeter around the base covering every possible exit. My friends clan frequently end a 50 kill sharpshooter game in between 2-5 minutes in the said manner and in most cases the other team doesn't break ten kills - often only getting 3-5. I know this isn't a very "realistic" method of warfare but my point is that run n'gun ISN'T the most effective tactic and I'm not just talking about when playing with tactical players. Lets giv ean analogy. In a streetfight the guy that goes in all arms swinging might very well beat the **** outta the guy that is hesistant and doesn't take the initiative. However, he almost certainly isn't going to beat up the guy with 10 years MMA who actually has technique. The same with GRAW. Run n'gun works against noobs and sometimes against unsuspecting campers but not against well coordinated team in my experience.

Callia2007
09-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by xDIRTY_H4RRYx:
A lot of people moan about the arcadey gameplay of the GRAW series but it is EXTREMELY rare that I ever actually see anybody turn off class modifiers. Also, I don't see how people can argue that run n'gun is easily done against anything but newbies. If you're attempting to capture the base from a skilled and well coordinated team your one life is gonna be taken pretty quick if you run in all guns blazing. Lack of communication and tactics are not a fault in the game's design and people need to recognize that these are the primary reasons why the solitary Rambo is able to charge into the base and shoot the whole team in the back. Sharpshooter is a different matter altogether but imo you're playing the wrong gamemode if you equate tactics with respawns.

i do agree , but finding that game is imposible for me , i spend ages finding a game i'll enjoy , if the people on the server arnt speaking my language there just not speaking at all , theres some game types i havint even tryed yet becuse no one plays those.

I think the problem is graw attrated so many arcane gamers that even though the options to set it a bit more realistic are there , there hardly used unless you allready know people.

xDIRTY_H4RRYx
09-26-2007, 07:14 AM
True. I found that the best way is either to find some other players who like to play tactically or to instead play ranked. When this game came out I never played ranked for the reasons that I don't measure my manhood by my rank (damn, there wouldn't be enough ranks, lol) and also because you can get the achievements in player matches. However, I soon found that ranked blind siege is the way to go. High rank certainly doesn't mean a player will be good but it does indicate that they have spent a good few hours playing the game and hence are less likely to be complete newbies. However, on the other hand I do find ranked sharpshooter to be generally less enjoyable than unranked because people often play for points rather than fun and will utilize any dirty method (glitching, spawncamping, etc) to win a match. Do you play blind siege at all? It is a very rare occurence that I find run n' gunners in a siege room full of rank 9-10s. I would send you a friedn request dude but my 360 broke and I now only play this game on the PS3.

jenks5
10-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ZPaul2Fresh8:
Yeah radar would be so lame!

Ha ha ha...

It's bad enough that players are able to run and gun off 10 rounds from the 107 in a few seconds...

In reality, that player would be on the ground and possibly with a dislocated shoulder...

I wish Ubi would slow down the charcters who run and gun with large caliber weapons. Just a brief 2 sec slowdown after firing the weapon would make it better. personally I have fired literally hundreds of rounds through a 107 and it has no more recoil than a 12 gauge shotgun. i do agree that the running and sniping is a bit unrealistic but there would be no injury from it, just maybe a sore arm.

XxCH0NGxX
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
NO RADAR EVER......radar is as bad as being spawnkilled while you are trying to choose your weapon. Who the hell ever thought up the idea of choosing your weapon in game and having the character just stand there, visible to everyone, vunerable to attack?

TW_Night_Fox
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
XxCH0NGxX, You are going to have to calm down. There are plenty of ways to express your opinions without shouting at others. Your feelings, opinions, and ideas are welcome here. Your negativity is not. This is your first warning.

-Fox
Forum Staff

P.S. Stop typing in all caps. It is extremely irritating to read and is against the ToU.

XxCH0NGxX
10-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by TW_Night_Fox:
XxCH0NGxX, You are going to have to calm down. There are plenty of ways to express your opinions without shouting at others. Your feelings, opinions, and ideas are welcome here. Your negativity is not. This is your first warning.

-Fox
Forum Staff

P.S. Stop typing in all caps. It is extremely irritating to read and is against the ToU.

Just wanted certain words to stand out. I edited my post in accordance with TofU, but I wasn't "yelling" with my caps. I just wanted certain words to stand out. Would you prefer, in the future, that I just change the words I'm trying to accent to a different color instead of CAPPING them? Does it say anything in the Terms of Use that would prohibit excessive use of different color fonts in expressing my opinions?

XxCH0NGxX
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Here are my further opinions on adding radar to the Ghost Recon series. They would be <span class="ev_code_RED">EXTREMELY</span> <span class="ev_code_BLUE">destructive</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif to the gameplay, as it would <span class="ev_code_BLUE">eliminate</span> the most <span class="ev_code_RED">important</span> <span class="ev_code_BLUE">aspect</span> of the game. <span class="ev_code_RED">THE ART OF STEALTH</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Was that too many words in CAPS?