PDA

View Full Version : Suggest section rename to Far Cry 2 (pc)



hanz_h
07-22-2007, 10:42 AM
It seems Far Cry 2 is causing quite some confusion with the console folks. I see all kinds of wishlists, tournaments and other stuff coming by that seem to be meant for console Far Cry.

Since Far Cry 2 is announced only for PC at the moment, it might be wise considering renaming the section so people playing Far Cry on consoles understand there's not much to do for them here for now.

-=F&B=- Achilles

KrAzY1337
07-22-2007, 11:04 AM
It's NOT confusing at all, we all know Instincts is just an add-on type of game developed for consoles. We all should know where the name "Instincts" came from, which is a big hit on FarCry for consoles because you're "drugged" with special abilities especially since the graphics are a bit torned down, the AI system is just point and shoot than taking cover, and a lack amount of weapons.

Nobody on Xbox, neither on the Wii were confused.

farcry2love
07-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Well hopefully they aren't confused, but even if they are it doesn't mean we can't kindly point them in the right direction, while also suggesting that they go play the original Far Cry.

- FarCry2Forums.com (http://www.farcry2forums.com)

R1ZN0
07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
lol hanz.. shot down bro lol

hanz_h
07-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Was worth a shot to get the console boys out (no offense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

KrAzY1337
07-23-2007, 10:09 AM
As I say again, it's NOT confusing.

hanz_h
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
The confusing part is where people post wishlists and all that kind of stuff while in essence talking about different games. Someone with Far Cry for PC might post he wants a lag free mulitplayer gamein FC 2, which makes a console player go 'wtf?!'.

On the other hand console players might post for example about them wanting an extra option in the map editor, but that option is already standard available for the PC sandbox editor which will make the PC gamer go: 'wtf?"!'.

Hence my suggestion to rename the section. I have nothing against console players, don't get me wrong, but the game we are talking about here is the game that they are going to release on PC. Most likely after it's released on PC, console versions will be made and announced and they will probabely get an add on title like: Far Cry Vergeance 2 or whatever. I'm sure by that time they will open up extra forum sections where you can put down all your wishes, desires etc.

However in this section they seem irrelevant as the title is developed for PC.

Hope the above isn't confusing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

-=F&B=- Achilles

KrAzY1337
07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by hanz_h:
The confusing part is where people post wishlists and all that kind of stuff while in essence talking about different games. Someone with Far Cry for PC might post he wants a lag free mulitplayer gamein FC 2, which makes a console player go 'wtf?!'.
Um, what are YOU talking about? No game can escape lag, especially if they have hundreds of animations and objects on the screen. Not even console games can escape lag, I know the term lag and you can't beg for the impossible. Imagine sixteen players in one match, everybody has their own type of connection and their own place where they live. Let's say the server is filled with canadians, americans, europeans, australians and asians, they all live far apart in which sometimes a rare moment to hear an australian accent. And all of them has a different connection such as 56k, DSL, Cable, Broadband and etc. and the person with the fastest connection will win. Plus making everything translate to another country, state or province takes time, in return you will have a slower online experience.

So, NO game can escape lag, especially if the developers are only testing it only on Montreal. You can't beg for the impossible, that's like asking NASA to go to Mars as soon as they reach the Moon.


Originally posted by hanz_h:
On the other hand console players might post for example about them wanting an extra option in the map editor, but that option is already standard available for the PC sandbox editor which will make the PC gamer go: 'wtf?"!'.
For "console" made Editors. Obviously. Our Editor is MUCH more limited, we're asking for more PC gimmick. So far, only one person was behind the console Map Editor and I'm sure that there was an entire team behind the PC Map Editor. We have a lot of restrictions, but we also manage to stack brushes inside one and another. In return, we used closed containers in almost every aspect in the console version from street roads to cranes and boats.


Originally posted by hanz_h:
Hence my suggestion to rename the section. I have nothing against console players, don't get me wrong, but the game we are talking about here is the game that they are going to release on PC. Most likely after it's released on PC, console versions will be made and announced and they will probabely get an add on title like: Far Cry Vergeance 2 or whatever. I'm sure by that time they will open up extra forum sections where you can put down all your wishes, desires etc.
Come to think of it, Vengeance is developed for the Wii. If there are console ports with an additional name on the end, then it would happen EXACTLY like on Instincts, Evolution and Predator.


Originally posted by hanz_h:
However in this section they seem irrelevant as the title is developed for PC.

Hope the above isn't confusing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

-=F&B=- Achilles
So are you saying that my five month made wishlist thread is all a waste? Five months, contributing up to at least 400 wishes, removing some that players keep repeating and some that wouldn't fit. Five months contributing as if it's nothing? I myself made thirteen (Later fourteen) gamemodes, all with a set of rules by using almost every shooter game's gamemode has. Most console gamers is expecting more variety, unlike the common "co-op", "assault", and "better storyline" wishes from FC1.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
07-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry Krazy but you are just emphasising Achilles point.

You clearly do not appreciate that the original Far Cry had, by Cryteks own admission, awful netcode. As a result it suffers from a lot more lag than comparable games.

Also he isnt saying your wishlist is worthless.
Merely that they have little or no relevance for PC version of the game.

REMINDER: This forum and title are currently PC only.

I am sure that UBI are very pleased with the interest that announcement has generated in the console community, but if console related debates start getting out of hand, we may have to move theads to a forum where they belong or close them.

Now can we please calm down and get back to sitting and waiting for Kimi to tell us something about the game...

capteenix
07-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd:


I am sure that UBI are very pleased with the interest that announcement has generated in the console community, but if console related debates start getting out of hand, we may have to move theads to a forum where they belong or close them.


Now if they would be as pleased about the PC community generations about Ubi's console games. It's funny how you said it after all of what we PC crowd have been experiencing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

UBW_Clivey
07-24-2007, 05:55 AM
I have to agree with Hanz

People are confused. The thread below show that as does the replies above.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/1091017675

When you changed the mapping/modding section to PC, the section stop getting Console threads diluting the questions. I dont think anyone is saying that the Consoles guys wishes etc are worthless, just need to be focused back to the Console Sections.

What about a "FarCry 2 Console Discovery" section wherby a sticky there, clearly indicates that just because the section exists, does not mean there will be a console version. Just your gathering feedback in advance to determine the viability of a console version and gaining customer feedback at the same time?

KrAzY1337
07-24-2007, 08:11 AM
But my wishlist doesn't just contain ONLY the Map Editor's expectations. I've added thirteen gamemodes, hopefully fourteen by using every online shooter game, realistic gameplay such as a GR2 proning system, Snipers are placed Stationary like turrets, and etc. Plus, I also expect a two-person Hang Glider, the only way to make it move is to "walk foward" and a support of cooperation while moving can glide faster due to heavier weight. Are those confusions? No. I'm only sure that people only read the top part only.

Yes I know that some that everybody else won't like, but it is for your own good. The Sniper Rifle is too powerful, Proning doesn't have slow animations like Splinter Cell's Versus Mode for Mercenaries but Proning is mean't for stealth, not to take cover and hold a heavy weapon at the same time, and the thirteen gamemodes, I'm sure I can list them all.

chaos591
08-30-2007, 01:41 AM
how about Far Cry: extermination
or Far Cry: BloodHound
or Far Cry: Redemption