PDA

View Full Version : 'shareing book'

candicolette
01-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Could someone please explain to me how you share your book to take someone to your relto? I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for helping.

candicolette
01-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Could someone please explain to me how you share your book to take someone to your relto? I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for helping.

Mark_AF
01-18-2004, 07:11 PM
First you need to be fairly close no more than a couple of feet. Open you Relto book and click the 'share book' icon on the left hand page, you cursor should change into an arrow with book appended. Click on the person you wish to share with, they should see a copy of the Relto book flash in front of them. If the click on the Relto pic they should link to your island.

riggsdar1
01-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Stand fairly close to the other person, in front of them (basically violate their personal space). It may also help to sidestep once to the left or right instead of standing right in front of them.

Next, open your Relto book and on the left hand page near the bottom, you'll see 'Share book' written in a faint script. Click on that, then the book will close, but now your cursor will have a book icon next to it. Place the cursor over the other person and when you see their name displayed, click once.

The other person should then see the open Relto book and can click on the linking image. When they do, you'll see yourself take your Relto book and offer it to them, then they will place their hand on it.

It sometimes takes a few seconds for this to work, so clicking several times on the person doesn't make it happen faster but will actually take longer. If they don't see it, then try again.

You can now share the book with someone else or link in yourself.

If you are doing this so they can join your hood, make sure that you have unlocked your hood book before you send them to your Relto (upper clasp should be up) and that they have deleted their hood book already.

-dar

In Cavern: L'yssa
KI: 00060008 Katran Shard
Guild of Artisans (http://www.guildofartisans.com)

Sheldarn
01-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Just one little comment to add to L'yssa's excellent guidance.

Make sure you leave enough room for the target person to 'adjust' themselves to accept your link. There are instances where you successfully start the link animation, then it can't finish because they are too close to a wall or other 'barrier'.

Maybe I'm evil, but its kinda fun to watch the struggle sometimes http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,
Tarl Raven

candicolette
01-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks so much to both of you. I will try it. I hope it works.