PDA

View Full Version : [RvS] Clean Install 1.56 Unable to log in

DeDlCobral
10-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Hi there (here)

I've done a clean install of Windows XP Professional with SP2 slipstreamed into it. After this i've installed RavenShield UK 1.0 and upgraded it with the 1.0 -> 1.56 patch.

I can play stand-alone, but as soon as i start Multiplayermode RvS gives me the message : "Could not log in to UBI.COM"

Strange thing is that i can log in using the UBI games Service and play RvS on-line.

Is there something i'm missing ??? Password is correct cause i can login using UBI GS and can login to this forum. Any suggestions ??

Gunny Highway
10-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Have you properly configured or disabled your Windows Firewall (built-in)?

In SP2 the Windows Firewall has been improved, and it's enabled by default.

I myself don't use the Windows XP Firewall but use a 3rd party FW.

If you for some reason need the ports for RvS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What Internet ports are required for Raven Shield?

Answer
Raven Shield requires the following ports to be open in your firewall/router:

Raven Shield requires ports: 7777 - 7787 and 8777 - 8787 Incoming UDP

Ubi.com requires ports: 80, 6667, 40000-42000

If you are behind a router and continue to have trouble connecting to ubi.com, or the CD key authentication server, please make sure that you have the latest firmware driver updates for your router from the manufacturers website. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeDlCobral
10-10-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm aware of the problems SP2 can create, but i've complete disabled the internal firewall. I'm using a Linux firewall that's running on an other machine, but i've never changed anything on that. Also as i said i can login using UBI.COM and play online. The only way i cant play online is in-game or using X-fire or join a server via the Web.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Well the easiest thing to try first is to disable the firewall and see if that cures your problem. If it does than a new config may be in order. With Zone Alarm, SP2 changes so many aspects of XP that it conciders it a whole new program and needs to be re-configed.

DeDlCobral
10-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Like i said. The XP Firewall is disabled.

Ok, i've installed Windows XP SP2 (integrated) clean with only Ravenshield. After this i've patched RvS to version 1.56 and after that i've patched it with PB.

As i've also said i can join games and login using ubi.com gameservice (this tells me that its not the Firewall)

I did this on 3 different machines all have the same problem. I think it's a new BUG.

Can anyone confirm this please ??

Gunny Highway
10-11-2004, 01:41 PM
You can try this post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=327106611&m=702100142&r=344108062#344108062) from the sticky Post Game Fixes Here!!

Ofcr_Lawless
10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DeDlCobral:
I'm aware of the problems SP2 can create, but i've complete disabled the internal firewall. I'm using a Linux firewall that's running on an other machine, but i've never changed anything on that. Also as i said i can login using UBI.COM and play online. The only way i cant play online is in-game or using X-fire or join a server via the Web. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said you disabled the internal firewall--XP I assume. Then you say the you run another firewall on another computer. This makes me assume that you run your internet thru another computer with it's own firewall. So what your saying is that the two computers have individual firewalls? If so why bring it up?

The UBI service uses different ports than the in-game server does. I have SP2 and have no issues at all. I never use UBI.com software.....too buggy.

Raven Shield requires the following ports to be open in your firewall/router:

Raven Shield requires ports: 7777 - 7787 and 8777 - 8787 Incoming UDP

<span class="ev_code_RED">Ubi.com requires ports: 80, 6667, 40000-42000</span>
If you are behind a router and continue to have trouble connecting to ubi.com, or the CD key authentication server, please make sure that you have the latest firmware driver updates for your router from the manufacturers website

DeDlCobral
10-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Did you also did a clean (intergrated) install of WinXP SP2 ??

Situation is:

I had my PC installed with WinXP SP1 and Ravenshield worked fine. I patched it to SP2 and RvS worked still fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I had to do a re├┬»nstall cause of some other problems and i wanted a fresh system.

I installed XP with SP2 integrated and i'm suddenly have the problem i mentioned above.

So nothing did change on my network-setup so if it use to work it should still work. But it dont.

So dont look continusly to a firewall problem but look at other causes.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-12-2004, 02:48 PM
What I'm saying is that when you change some system files, like SP2 and sometimes when a new patch comes out does, the firewall program recognises it as a newly installed program and it needs permission to access the internet. It happens all of the time with Zone Alarm. I like that it does this. If your game can't access the internet, it is usually cause by a firewall or a router problem. The fact that you can join using ubi.com's program (which uses different ports that the in-game browser) tells me that it is indeed a firewall/router problem.
I know I'm not always right but I need to explain why I'm going back to the firewall everytime.
If you disabled ALL firewalls and are not using a router, than there may be another problem. I just can't see what it could be.

Good Luck.

DeDlCobral
10-13-2004, 01:17 PM
I think you think to small, im using a statefull firewall on the network level and not a simple home firewall product. I dont give programms permissions to go outside, all protocols have permission to go outside, cause i dont block traffic from in to out and/or back. My firewall is configured to keep unwanted traffic out. And no i dont have to click "accept" or "deny" evrytime a programm wants on the internet.

Also turning the Firewall of is not an option, it's the same as going to the red light district and f*ck some1 and just halfway getting rid of your condom. Still have the same risk as not using it at all.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Ok bud, nice attitude. (I think too small)

Then try a re-install. There is nothing else that causes you to not be able to connect other than a firewall or perhaps a bad file or what Gunny suggested for you to try as far as the gsrouter.dat file changes.

Hope you find your own solution, we've tried everything we have ever run against.

DeDlCobral
10-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Ok, its working now. I dont know how i dont know when. Still did'nt change anything but today suddenly it works again. realy realy strange.

Ofcr_Lawless sorry for the attitude, but nowadays every1 is shouting Firewall Firewall Firewall as soon as there are some undefinable problems.

Gunny Highway
10-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Glad that it works for you know... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The reason we are 'crying' firewall is because more often than not you see that ppl posting on the forums that have no clue what a firewall does(present company excluded http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif ) or how to configure them, and many don't know about the XP firewall either or the fact that most better software firewalls block traffic if they aren't loaded. The same thing goes with routers, many ppl have them but generally don't know how to configure them.

There are some basic things ppl at least should know before even touching a PC, Firewalls & Antivirus, Passwords etc. If just ppl knew and installed AV & FW and updated regulary most security related problems regarding Internet would be gone.

H34dW0RX
10-17-2004, 05:11 AM
Im getting exactly the same problem.
Did a fresh install of XP Pro SP2 integrated.
Put Raven Shield on. Patch from 1.0 to 1.56.
Cant connect to ubi.com
Ive turned the XP firewall off, and also disabled my norton firewall so its not that.
Any Ideas?
Also dont have a router so its not a port blocking problem.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-17-2004, 08:22 AM
I hate to say it but I think you have to configure Norton correctly or un-install it completely. I don't thing that just turning it off works. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

H34dW0RX
10-17-2004, 08:58 AM
AH HA!!

Thanks so much for the advice, i went into Norton Firewall properties and made sure raven shield said 'allow all' and hey presto it works!
Thanks again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif