PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT sell AC:B

protesticle
11-15-2011, 07:25 AM
This is a call out to anyone that loved AC:B, still loves AC:B and wants to keep playing AC:B.

I know there will be a community of players still very much interested in playing AC:B and in hope it may even still get a much needed patch.

I knew AC:R would be negatively received a pun a very large group of people specifically on the forums. Seeing as the majority of forum posters didn't even have their issues addressed after a beta (or was it a demo?).

The harder AC:R fails the greater the AC:B will be, sure AC:B servers will take a dip but AC:R customer dissatisfaction will bring back a player base we may just have to wait for the fad to fade.

Crumplecorn
11-15-2011, 07:31 AM
What kind of noob sells their videogames?

Also, AC:R > AC:B. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stinks8
11-15-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't care if ACR fails or not, I love ACB too much to sell it.

Strigidae Moth
11-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Never! I became an online gamer for AC:B MP!^w^

California__Gurl
11-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by DeckedMoth30:
Never! I became an online gamer for AC:B MP!^w^
Same! I'm keeping my copy. I already have several friends planning to play ACB multi-player still.

persiateddy95
11-15-2011, 09:02 AM
This.

And I don't even know when I'll get ACR anyway.

SleezeRocker
11-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't care, I like Assasisn's Creed,
I'll keep buying their games, and I'LL enjoy them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

the col part is hwile most peopel traded in ACB for ACR etc,..I gots all 3 console titles (4 when I go to gamestop in a few hours) ^^

Blind2Society
11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
The kind that can't afford all the new ones he/she wants unless he/she sells some of the old ones. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That said, there are some I will never part with including ACB (for SP not MP btw). Along with Fallout 3/NV, RDR, Dead Space 1/2, Soul Calibur (cept when upgrading) and the other 3 ACs.

cryenauxvoleur
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
I have to agree with this. I plan on playing ACB more than ACR... for as long as I can, anyway. I actually considered trying to form some sort ACB remembrance clan, considering that the number of players on ACB multiplayer is going to drop significantly, but I doubt that I could gather up enough people to create a proper clan. Still, I guess it's worth a try.

Anyway, I agree. I don't hate ACR, and I do plan on playing it some, but I love ACB too much to stop playing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

marq08
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I plan to continue to play both. They are both fun and both completely different. The single players alone are worth keeping each of the games for

deadly_thought
11-16-2011, 12:03 PM
i dont sell my games and i only jumped on MP for ACR a couple of hrs back and this is horrible!! seriously horrible!! the amount of time spent waiting opposed to playing the character graphics the whole layout in general i hope nobody buys a used copy and actually pays for a uplay pass for MP im gunna go back to ACB after i finish the story

Ripe Claw
11-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What kind of noob sells their videogames?
This.

And I don't even know when I'll get ACR anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait until it is in the 2 dollar (or your currency of choice) bin.

Chernzobog
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Havok, you're not missing out on anything by not having ACR. But you already know that, don't you? :P

E-Zekiel
11-16-2011, 04:04 PM

Also, AC:R > AC:B. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lmao...It makes me smile when I see you beating me to threads and posting what I would have posted <3

protesticle
11-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Someone has to advocate AC:B

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Would hate to see them pull the servers off

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

obliviondoll
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll be buying ACR when I'm able to get it and get MP without having to let Ubisoft have my money.

Or when I can rent a copy and confirm that it's NOT a broken mess that didn't fix any of the real problems in ACB and added more to go with them (which, knowing Ubisoft's record lately, won't happen).

Also, I'm DEFINITELY not letting Ubisoft have any more of my money until ACB is fixed.

CrazyShrapnel
11-16-2011, 06:46 PM
If you're not buying new then you'll need an online pass to access ACRs MP. I think you can get a free 3 day trial for the MP but after that you'll have to either pay Ubi for a code or buy an unused one off someone else.

persiateddy95
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Lol OD, ACB won't be fixed anymore. After the release of the next game they'd never do anything to ACB.

obliviondoll
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
If you're not buying new then you'll need an online pass to access ACRs MP. I think you can get a free 3 day trial for the MP but after that you'll have to either pay Ubi for a code or buy an unused one off someone else.
And that's why I specifically included mention that they're not getting my money for MP either.

If I can get MP access without giving Ubisoft anything, I will. If not, I won't bother going past the free trial.

It's not worth it for a broken mess.

And as I've already said before, I'm NOT giving Ubisoft ANY money for ANYTHING until they fix ACB. I'm no longer expecting it, except in the context of "if they want my money."

I'd been planning to buy From Dust at some point, too. And I've been a long-time fan of a LOT of products from Ubisoft, so it's a pretty big deal for me to pull away this badly.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't mind MP being "broken", what makes me think about never buying a Ubisoft game again (if another AC is released I most certainly will http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) is this turn to online passes. As far as I'm concerned that's a scummy low-life thing to do (even though I bought the game and got my pass for free).

I bought a used copy of Dead Space 2 and because I bought it used I have to pay them to play online (I didn't). This type of thing is just so far from cool.

It reminds me of the evil big business people in Disney movies. Shame on you Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

obliviondoll
11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
It's not ONLY MP being broken.

It's ACB starting good THEN being broken.

It's Support NOT supporting the customers.

It's single player combat having gone steadily downhill since the first game.

It's the free-running animations getting progressively less fluid with each installment.

AND it's the online pass system.

If they ACTUALLY FIXED THINGS, I wouldn't mind paying for the online. If they weren't making the series progressively WORSE at the things I liked most about it, I wouldn't mind paying. If they weren't demanding MORE money for an inferior product, I might be able to accept SOME failures.

If and when SOME of the mistakes they've been making can begin to be reversed, I'll start to consider them worth giving money again. I don't even expect them to fix everything.

Online passes are a good way to make sure a company gets money for their work - as the industry stands, people buying used games are getting a product the company worked on without that company being paid for it. If Ubisoft were putting out a product I actually felt was WORTH paying them for, I wouldn't have a problem with them making sure they get something back for me buying it. Unfortunately, they AREN'T producing a quality product, so they aren't getting my money.

ZorboidOrbb
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
am keeping my ACB. I havent played MP yet on ACR and am not even missing it..

protesticle
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I should create a donation thread on here to get research in time travel. In hope we could send Obliviondoll back to AC:B before the lag issues. The forums sure would be more informative and less depressing.

Jokes aside we all miss the good old days.

sht4brainz
11-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I'll be buying ACR when I'm able to get it and get MP without having to let Ubisoft have my money.

Or when I can rent a copy and confirm that it's NOT a broken mess that didn't fix any of the real problems in ACB and added more to go with them (which, knowing Ubisoft's record lately, won't happen).

Also, I'm DEFINITELY not letting Ubisoft have any more of my money until ACB is fixed.

Can you make some room in your boat for me too?

Warforger
11-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I don't mind MP being "broken", what makes me think about never buying a Ubisoft game again (if another AC is released I most certainly will http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) is this turn to online passes. As far as I'm concerned that's a scummy low-life thing to do (even though I bought the game and got my pass for free).

I bought a used copy of Dead Space 2 and because I bought it used I have to pay them to play online (I didn't). This type of thing is just so far from cool.

It reminds me of the evil big business people in Disney movies. Shame on you Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

*facepalm* You do realize they make no money off of used sales right? The online pass is a perfect solution to this, sure you don't get as much money as you would if they bought new, but at least you still profit off of used sales. You have no idea what you're saying if you think it's just some evil corporate trick to leech you, they're losing money when they find more people own their game than the amount they sold.

But no, why stop at online passes? These games should be FREE! And they should still make disks as well for these games along with cases. Shame on a company if it wants to pay its employee's or make any kind of money at all.

Phyxsius-
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Not selling...

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Warforger:
*facepalm* You do realize they make no money off of used sales right? The online pass is a perfect solution to this, sure you don't get as much money as you would if they bought new, but at least you still profit off of used sales. You have no idea what you're saying if you think it's just some evil corporate trick to leech you, they're losing money when they find more people own their game than the amount they sold.

But no, why stop at online passes? These games should be FREE! And they should still make disks as well for these games along with cases. Shame on a company if it wants to pay its employee's or make any kind of money at all.
I love it when people try to make greed sound like a good thinghttp://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/Blind2Society/facepalm.gif
You do realise that used games are used because they were purchased at full price and used right?

So, you failed to convince me. Care to try again?

protesticle
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
It is greedy since they don't need to do it, look at AC:B that was successful. So begs the question. Why do they want more money? Greed or supply and demand? people have a right to disagree with paying for something they have already paid for.

Daidarapochi
11-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Gotta get that reading an email in 2012 still.

obliviondoll
11-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by protesticle:
I should create a donation thread on here to get research in time travel. In hope we could send Obliviondoll back to AC:B before the lag issues. The forums sure would be more informative and less depressing.

Jokes aside we all miss the good old days.
I remember the forums back before my birthday (that's right, the patch was only a few days after my birthday. Thanks for the great present, Ubisoft! Much appreciated!). They were indeed FAR more informative and FAR less depressing. We were happy back then. There were complaints, but unlike now, they weren't routinely game-breaking complaints.

Originally posted by sht4brainz:
Can you make some room in your boat for me too?
You're welcome to join me. Same goes for everyone else who's giving up on Ubisoft until they start holding up their end of things.

And to anyone arguing for OR against the online pass system, read my previous post (or carry on, I'll rehash and add some more venting). I approve of the concept, but I don't think Ubisoft should be using it because in my opinion, their products have been decreasing in quality. ACB was an improvement AT FIRST, but that was entirely based on it having playable multiplayer. Since March, it's become inferior to AC2, which in turn was in many ways inferior to the first game.

I'm not going to deny that there have been improvements in each game as well, but they've been paired with mistakes which affect my enjoyment more than the good changes have. If Ubisoft hadn't wrecked the multiplayer for ACB, I'd be saying it was the best title in the series so far. If the ACR beta hadn't been almost as bad as ACB at its worst, that might be a good sign. If people with the release version of the game were saying that the beta feedback had resulted in relevant changes, that might have been a good sign too. So far, there's only been ONE improvement I've heard of, and that's come from one person while people I know better and trust more have claimed the exact opposite. Of course, after ACB's beta producing absolutely nothing remotely relevant to what the players asked for, I'm thoroughly unsurprised that ACR seems to be doing the same.

Cully_UK
11-17-2011, 05:50 AM

Why would anybody keep a game that they know they will never play again?
Where is the logic in that?

Crumplecorn
11-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by cullencraig:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:

Where is the logic in that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If a game isn't worth replaying in the future, why buy it in the first place?

obliviondoll
11-17-2011, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cullencraig:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:

Where is the logic in that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If a game isn't worth replaying in the future, why buy it in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hear good things about it, can't get a rental copy (there can be many reasons why this might happen), trust your friends, learn the hard way that sometimes even cool people can be stupid.

Cully_UK
11-17-2011, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cullencraig:

Where is the logic in that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If a game isn't worth replaying in the future, why buy it in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us have lives that don't permit regular play. Why would I want to re-play a game that I've beaten to death when there's a world of other great games out there that my time could be better invested in.
Why not sell the dead game and replace it with another gem at potentially no extra cost?

RobertDawson
11-17-2011, 08:39 AM
so i haven't actually played Assassin's creed brotherhood multiplayer since about a week after it was released(i had rented it for the week), i actually dont even own brotherhood right now, i would of bought it by now but every store i go to, only the 360 version is there and i usually find a different game before i find it and end up not getting it, Revelations arrives tommorrow and i cant wait but i will be getting brotherhood for christmas and i will be playing the multiplayer

RobertDawson
11-17-2011, 08:40 AM
oh and brotherhood was the first game i played when i bought a ps3 so its special to me so i will always play it,i got assassin's creed 2 from my friend last year and i play that every single day because i just love the game

Crumplecorn
11-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by cullencraig:
Some of us have lives that don't permit regular play. Why would I want to re-play a game that I've beaten to death when there's a world of other great games out there that my time could be better invested in.
Why not sell the dead game and replace it with another gem at potentially no extra cost? The same reason people build up shelves of old books and old records and old DVDs. People with more than a casual interest tend to hold onto things.

Taekwonthis
11-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Why not sell the dead game and replace it with another gem at potentially no extra cost? The same reason people build up shelves of old books and old records and old DVDs. People with more than a casual interest tend to hold onto things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AKA a collector lol...

I myself don't find the need to collect games for nostalgia purposes though i do keep them for quite a while. When i realize omg i have not played this game in years its too late to do anything worthwhile with them as far as selling them and i am not one to go back and repeat games i have finished or have the newer versions of...(sports games for example) if i have the 2011 madden why would i keep around the madden 2009 or 2010. If your not going to use the item, unless you are keeping it for collector purposes, no sense in keeping it past its value on returning it. At least you can get money back and get the game you are going to use and play at a lower cost.

E-Zekiel
11-17-2011, 12:55 PM
For me, it's not about collecting. It's about having something should I want to come back to it. I beat AC1 a million times over and I still like having it around, because I do occasionally get that urge to dive into it instead of one of the newer installments.