PDA

View Full Version : Ah ... Jobless again

Kisses4Cuddles
01-11-2005, 04:12 AM
Hundreds of people just got told they will be getting the boot here.
Being a freelancer here I will definately be booted first. **scratches head**
Amazing how a big company like this can get rid of so many highly qualified people simply because marketing couldnt spit out the right ideas. **scratches head again**
The funny thing is I bought a big block of professional modelling clay on the weekend cause I wanted to try and make a model of Katscratch or maybe Brooklyn with a big bum (she wants one) like headsupcustoms did (there maybe a slight difference in how professional it looks). Now I have something to do with my spare time at home when I dont have a job.
**head hurts after scratching too hard**
Does anyone need their grass cut or hedges clipped?
**slumps in chair**

Magiz
01-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Hey Kisses4Cuddles,

I'm sorry to here you're out of work. I hope your able to find a new job soon and get back on your feet.

Kisses4Cuddles
01-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks Magix,
Thanks for your concern but I must say I am sort of getting used to it being a freelancer changing places all the time. The word job security does not exist in reality for fulltime employees of a company (as all the full time employees found out here). Being a freelancer, this word never existed. Everyone is worried about their mortgage payments etc. here and if they will find another job.
I just need to pay the rent and feed the family for the next six months (and buy shoes for the wife). If worse comes to worst, I will give the programming a break and go back into gardening (lol... turn my white computer legs brown again).

Magiz
01-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Well I'm glad to here you're going to be alright and good luck to you.

katscratch
01-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Kisses, where did you work?? We have had a ton of layoffs in the game journalist space in the last month and things are quite hairy now. Hopefully everything will pan out soon.

Kisses4Cuddles
01-13-2005, 10:10 AM
I was fixing software for those 2 phones you have Katscratch