PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Ram

archer49d
03-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Anyone know what size a "footprint" SH3 makes in the RAM when you run it, I ask because the recommended minimum amount of RAM is 512 megs, but if I have other [mandatory] work/security utilities running in the background that may not be enough.

Nieldo
03-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Only people who will have the slightest chance of telling you that is the people who have copys of the game .... ask in about two weeks mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Instant_Soldier
03-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Assume that 512 is barely enough for contemporary games and will be a detriment to smooth play.

erikkai66
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Instant_Soldier:
Assume that 512 is barely enough for contemporary games and will be a detriment to smooth play. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go for the Gig.

walsh2509
03-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Rule of thumb I've found with "new" games, Lock_On , Pacific_Fighters and some of the BIG games in 2004/05 is that the MIN Req on the box is never enough! I bought CFS3 (flight sim) when it come out, I had more than the MIN Req, I'd say it was MID Req I had and all I got when I loaded the game in and hit Play, was a blank screen! The game wouldn't run at all until I up's my memory!

archer49d
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
2 Things, I play Rome Total War regularly that has less than the required RAM, the trick is to utilize your RAM appropriatley. The second is that my home computer has approximatley 400 megs of "active" RAM on startup, because of my job which requires secured connections to servers accross the country, these programs must always be runnning on my computer, so if I were to have 512 megs of RAM in my computer I would be moving at a snails pace in any game at full settings, I'm just trying to look into this now because I want to see if I will have enough RAM to run Video Capturing from the game while I play the game, my calculated RAM usage before running SH3 is somewhere in the 800-850 meg range, which means I need 512 or more on top of that, unless the game actually makes a footprint somewhere in the 200 range.

Instant_Soldier
03-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Okay, but why run a demanding 3D on the same machine you use for work at the same time? It sounds to me like you have a great excuse to have two full-featured rigs on a KVM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

oscar0072004
03-06-2005, 06:03 AM
walsh2509

posted Sat March 05 2005 21:02
Rule of thumb I've found with "new" games, Lock_On , Pacific_Fighters and some of the BIG games in 2004/05 is that the MIN Req on the box is never enough

Well i have pacific fighter to and it requires a minimum of 512 mb ram . i have 512 mb ram and it runs smooth and without any problems . i think sh-3 will run just fine on it becuase flightsims are so much heaver on your system. As for Lock on , that game needed some serious redicouless hefly machine and i never had a game so hard on my computer . On the day it came out most people did not even own a machine good enough to run it.