PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another CAMPERS topic

NeoToulouse
06-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, the search feature did not help a lot, except to find some topics in which "camping" is considered as a noob behaviour. There even are RVS servers with "automatic campers kick out".

I am wondering why.

There are two main ways of playing FPS: strategy and versus. Personally I hate versus, which is just reflex shooting. No plans, no strategy, no progression, no adrenalin, no nothing. Just run and kill and respawn and run and kill. Kind of Counter Strike, to me the most stupid game I ever played with (one hour).

Maybe this is because I am a former military, but I spend 4 hours every morning (yes, I can do that :-) doing terro hunting alone, without time limit.

My vision of the game is the following one: my life is the MOST valuable thing I have. So, I try to stay alive, so I do camp. Always. Everywhere. Until the bad guys are all dead.

This is what I like.

Why so many of you hate campers ?

promeythozi1981
06-29-2010, 12:18 PM
What exactly do u mean by "camping". Do u mean sitting in a certain spot for a period of time, a "post up" or do u mean in the sense of sitting in a "spawn"? It is a problem when u have seven people throwing grenades and incendys into an adversaries "spawn". Fine if u play like that I geuss. U can always claim the other team is garbage adn that ur better.

NeoToulouse
06-29-2010, 02:20 PM
To me, a "camper" is a non moving player, waiting for the "ennemy" to pass along and kill him (her?) silently...

Dirtymurph
06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
A lot of people feel like its cheap.If people are truly just sitting in third person waiting the entire match for somebody to run by so they can blind fire then I agree that is cheap.That person also isnt going to win the game so they dont really bother me too much.If youre talking thunt by yourself then who cares lol.If youre sitting in an entire thunt match in one spot while playing with others then Id say thats a little selfish unless theyre doing the same, just opinion of course. You usually get the camper hating type remarks from the kiddies who have never played a game without respawns and joined after Vegas came out.Games without respawns take way more skill than ones with respawns.You have to be smarter and way more defensive unlike in respawn when you can go in Tony Montana style because you know youre going to respawn.People dont care about teamwork anymore,they only care about running off on their own and getting the most kills.

JMan1c1347
06-29-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm with NeoToulouse & Dirtymurph on this one.
I'm all about tactics. Specifically in T-Hunt,
I'm definitely trying 2 stay alive a lot more,
and slowly, but swiftly & tactically going through
my progressions. Getting 20 kills in t-hunt
means nothing 2 me if I died twice. I want
the 100%, & I try to play the game as I would
in real life, not like Rambo.

As for deathmatches & other team battles, I still
hold on to that strategy, but with a little less
tactics on the modes with respawns. When I have
the respawns my thoughts go to creating choke
points & rotating to take away sections of the map
that I know are vital to the opposing team. My
focus drifts further toward the "kill-death" spread.
If I'm a positive on my team, then it's a personal
success.

But like Dirtymurph said, on the team battles without
respawns, you have to let go of that more aggressive
style & think tactics if you want to survive & help
your squad win the match. And people sitting in one
spot usually don't bother me much either, especially
on respawn deathmatches because then I know where
to get my revenge...lol.

People don't care about teamwork as much, I agree with that.
Every now & then I'll run into a game with some smarter
players, or I'll run a game with some of my friends who
know to back each other up & cover each others' backs.
I find myself playing with Elite ##'s all the time.
That's the gameplay experience that keeps me playing Vegas
again & again, even after I get the new shooters.

To summarize it all: I don't have a problem with campers
because I think that if I play smart they should never get
the drop on me.

promeythozi1981
06-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Well I only played ranked matches until late 2009 on 360. I play with odds of seven vs me until the side im on gets six more connected. I never knew that one could "camp" in T-hunt?! I played that t-hunt slow at first but once i knew the maps I could count down exactly how many people i needed to merk b4 moving on to the next area of the map. Its how i practice my response time to multiple tangos and get prepared for Total Conquest and A&D and deathmatch. Hell i dont even really use the 3rd person cover unless im trying to go into a room and once in im on the "swivel" no more 3rd person (only cause I feel if i play like that it will only make me better). I think i might be talking about different ways of "camping".

Dirtymurph
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Here I was thinking I was the only one using the terrorists to improve my reaction time.Not only for multiple people but just warming up my shot. It really does work lol.You gotta get fast if youre going to kill a terrorist that doesnt need to even lift his gun to kill you.I dont even play competitively anymore yet I can walk all over a lot of the so called "good" people on GB.Yeah Im talking about the losers in their little corrupt groups on gamebattles who dont play in public matches because they get slapped if theyre not in a predictable gb match on their host.Lol I love the "try hard" or "its just a pub match scrub" remarks after they lose so easily.

piecemaker11
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Dirtymurph:
.People dont care about teamwork anymore,they only care about running off on their own and getting the most kills.

Agreed...out of all the friends I have on the PSN Murph and about 2 others are the only ones who try and use team tactics. To many times I'm in vs. match and everyone is so concerned about getting the most kills. I find it funny when someone is bragging about their 30 kills compared to my 18 when they died 10 times and I died twice...lol

piecemaker11
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
oh and I have nothing against campers it's a sound strategy...what I can't stand is spawn campers. Where is the skill in spawn camping??

itstacotime
07-23-2010, 02:57 AM
I hate when your playing a match, and your opponent never leaves the spawn. then when you rush him and own, he complains that you spawn camped.

how can I spawn camp if he never even made an attempt to leave the spawn.

thats nooby behavior

JMan1c1347
07-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by itstacotime:
I hate when your playing a match, and your opponent never leaves the spawn. then when you rush him and own, he complains that you spawn camped.
how can I spawn camp if he never even made an attempt to leave the spawn.
thats nooby behavior

Yeah, exactly... some gamers don't get it.
That's one of the reasons I wish the maps were bigger.
(This is not me pleading out on behalf of snipers everywhere.)
You can still have CQC, just make the map itself bigger
to make spawns, random or otherwise, actually more manageable.

FraggerGr3nad3r
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
i only camp if i get to a good hiding spot or a good building that i can snipe out of!!!

otherwise i just run round near where i respawn and always find a place that i just keep going to!!!!!!!!!!!

sumo_066
08-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Hmmm, I also am with Neotolouse here. This game is a realistic game, and you do what it takes to eliminate threats and keep yourself, AND OTHERS, alive.

Team work is good too. Why in the world would I want to go online and play with people to get the most kills?

I want to play with people to share the load, and to have fun backing each other up, and laugh at stupid things we do.

I myself do wait a little in spots to make sure terrorists don't roam around too much, and I DO fear pushing up, although I do push up regardless, I just try to do it as safe as poosible.

But like I said, I can be a little risky and that leads to me being killed, and then I get a little stressed, and I just try not to do that thing that got me dead.

Although, sometimes in games I do put a time limit, of around 20-30 minutes, so to at least have a little nudge to people (and myself) to try and push up because sometimes you wait, but not ALL the terrorists will come to you. That is something I realized.

So Neotolouse, if you ever would like, maybe you me and others can play. : D

Pest_AWC
08-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I avoid the entire spawn camping question by not playing respawn games.

When playing an objective, there are times you have to camp to defend the objective since you lose if it gets taken.

Camping a common choke point is a regular military strategy so that's normal too.

Just stay away from the noob servers with the "no camping" rules. Leave the kids to their Run N Gun respawning games of whack-a-mole that requires no real tactics.

ProValand
09-05-2010, 03:57 AM
I think it's quite stupid, to kick them out. It's a game ffs lol, let them do what they want.

SASIncrement
09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Campers Pampers, Marinating Mummies or Run n Gunners, it's all good and a part of the game.

Communication, providing cover fire, moving in covering formations bringing a tactical aspect to the game-play you pretty much need every kinda player making it click on-line.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss73/SASincrement/increment-48.png