PDA

View Full Version : what was the reason again??

jmcorp
04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
i'm just asking what was the reason rainbow six dramatically took a nose-dive from the tactical realism sector to the run and gun sector?

Is it becuase UBI thinks there is no market for tactical R6 games, what a load of BS!

thats like KONAMI(makers of the hugely succesful metal gear series) announcing that 'there is no market for stealth games'

or EA announcing that 'there is no market for football games'

just imagine the true rainbow six on these powerful beasts of todays gaming we love to call "next-generation" consoles, just imagine...just imagine...just...imagine...

TheWarHam
04-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Have you ever played any other new game out now? I wouldnt go so far as saying they took a "dramatic nosedive" to run-and-gun. This game is very tactical compared to the trash out today.

Yes, not as much as before, but Ive never seen a run-and-gunner get the most kills around smart Rainbow Sixers, ever.

I do agree, though, this could be more tactical than before. There is a market, what are they thinking. Really, Rainbow could never be as successful a run-and-gun as COD or Halo.

scr33ner
04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by TheWarHam:
Yes, not as much as before, but Ive never seen a run-and-gunner get the most kills around smart Rainbow Sixers, ever.

That all depends on your opponent.

I do agree, though, this could be more tactical than before. There is a market, what are they thinking. Really, Rainbow could never be as successful a run-and-gun as COD or Halo.

What Ubi fails to understand is that the R6 franchise has been successful because of its 'tactical' game-play. It's pretty sad that they've been moving away from that. I wish they wouldn't.

I bought this game 1. cause the 1st Vegas was fun & 2. a good change from COD4 (so I thought). But with all the bugs & glitches in the game I am having a hard time enjoying it.

As far as the success of COD4 it is because IW took their time to actually finish the game, & didn't rush it out the door. Having said that, I bought this game because it's the opposite of COD4. I like the slower pace, looking for possible choke points & peeking around corners (I wish COD4 had this feature).

I tell you what, I want to keep on playing R6V2, but it pisses me off to see grenades float & bounce from windows. Graphics that look 2yrs old & takes time to load on XBL. Weapons that sound the same. Explosions that look & sound unconvincing. I'm dunno if you've played through the COD4 single player campaign, but when I did, I kept thinking to myself "damn this is what next gen gaming is about".

I wish Ubisoft would return the production of R6 to Red Storm Studios. After all, they did start the series. Plus Red Storm hasn't made a 5h!tty GRAW game yet, & it seems to me that ppl on these forums are clamoring for a return to the original 'tactical' R6. Unlike this piece of turd called Vegas 2.

I've been really critical of this game because it has always been one of my favorites. To see Ubi treat this game the way it has, just burns me. I've said this in other posts before & I'll say it again, Ubi is becoming like EA. They care more about their profit margins more than the quality of their games.

jmcorp
04-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by scr33ner:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheWarHam:

That all depends on your opponent.

What Ubi fails to understand is that the R6 franchise has been successful because of its 'tactical' game-play. It's pretty sad that they've been moving away from that. I wish they wouldn't.

I bought this game 1. cause the 1st Vegas was fun & 2. a good change from COD4 (so I thought). But with all the bugs & glitches in the game I am having a hard time enjoying it.

As far as the success of COD4 it is because IW took their time to actually finish the game, & didn't rush it out the door. Having said that, I bought this game because it's the opposite of COD4. I like the slower pace, looking for possible choke points & peeking around corners (I wish COD4 had this feature).

I tell you what, I want to keep on playing R6V2, but it pisses me off to see grenades float & bounce from windows. Graphics that look 2yrs old. Weapons that sound the same. Explosions that look & sound unconvincing. I'm not sure if you've played through the COD4 single player campaign, but when I did, I kept thinking to myself "damn this is what next gen gaming is about".

I wish Ubisoft would return the production of R6 to Red Storm Studios. After all, they did start the series. Plus Red Storm hasn't made a 5h!tty GRAW game yet, & it seems to me that ppl on these forums are clamoring for a return to the original 'tactical' R6. Unlike this piece of turd called Vegas 2.

I've been really critical of this game because it has always been one of my favorites. To see Ubi treat this game the way it has, just burns me. I've said this in other posts before & I'll say it again, Ubi is becoming like EA. They care more about their profit margins more than the quality of their games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well said.

jmcorp
04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Have you ever played any other new game out now? I wouldnt go so far as saying they took a "dramatic nosedive" to run-and-gun. This game is very tactical compared to the trash out today.

I do agree that this game is more tactical than 'new games out now' but thats not the point, the point is this series used to be known for its tactical realism, and tactical realism only, now what is the series known for, glitches and bugs, no real use of tactical strategy, oh and a host of graphical errors, that make this game look so washed-out.

you have to understand what this series was before, we all took a trip to vegas, you could use the very detailed pre-mission planning interface to strategically plan out your offensive on a map, you had all sorts of equipment at your disposal, weapons stats and sounds were accurate, you had to use tactics to actaully succeed.

in our current rainbow six game, what else do you do but, kill every one in sight...advance to the next level and then kill some more.

ch72479
04-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Play the first one and be happy. It's the same game without the sprint feature.

It also cost less, so trade this one in and get 2 games.