PDA

View Full Version : Silenced M-4

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
hey i was just wondering if any one could tell y sometimes the M-4 is silenced and y somtimes it is not. is there wya to controll that it seems like when you switch to your secondary weapon and then go back to the m-4 it is no longer silenced!!

RECON

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
hey i was just wondering if any one could tell y sometimes the M-4 is silenced and y somtimes it is not. is there wya to controll that it seems like when you switch to your secondary weapon and then go back to the m-4 it is no longer silenced!!

RECON

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:37 PM
What you are thinking is the M-4 Socom
cavscout2002 wrote:
- hey i was just wondering if any one could tell y
- sometimes the M-4 is silenced and y somtimes it is
- not. is there wya to controll that it seems like
- when you switch to your secondary weapon and then go
- back to the m-4 it is no longer silenced!!
-
- RECON

G-36k rules

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 09:02 PM
yes exactly. but when you go to through a frag or use your pistol and then go back to the M-4 it is no longer silenced..what am i doing wrong

RECON

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 03:13 AM
I'm not quite sure how or why it would switch for you. The silenced M4 is the SOCOM and looks different too with a silencer on the end of the barrel so look for that on when you choose your weapon. Personally, I love the sound the SOCOM makes and the accuracy but it seems to lack the stopping power I like (I'm used to using the 7.62 carbine or rifle).

RECON is your gamertag RECON1? I played with you and you're buddies (some of your clan?) yesterday I think if you are.

Yakuza17

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 05:56 AM
we know that, i always thought when i here nothing coming out of the SOCOM yet i see a body fall, witch i targeted on and i play solo, no back up, i just thought it was a bug of sumthin. Are u guys sure if it is or isnt a bug in the game?

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 06:52 AM
all i know is that when you first start your mission with i think it is ramirez that has the socom M-4, your shots are silenced all the way thru until you switch to the pistol or whatever your other secondary weapon is then switch back to the socom then it is no longer silenced. not that it really matters even when you shot the guys with a silenced weapon they still turn and start shoting at you unless you do a one shot one kill thing i suppose

RECON

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 04:53 PM
so doese any one have an answer?

RECON

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 03:42 AM
probably just a bug beiung as thoughn there is no way to contro;l it....

<center>http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/159002/gigasig.jpg</A></center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 09:33 PM
If you want to see what the M-4 Silenced (SOCOM) then switch your character over to a demo guy, they have the non-silenced version there. Which by the way is a little bit more powerfull, thanks to not having that silencer that isn't very silent.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 10:15 PM
i dont know too much about guns but i think the M4 socom and the M4 carbine are different.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center>http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/blackeye/snipersmilie.gif </center><center>http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/159002/gigasig.jpg</center><center>http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/geno/ak.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
seems like a bug. the socom went completely silent with me too on one occasion.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 04:39 AM
cavscout2002 wrote:
- hey i was just wondering if any one could tell y
- sometimes the M-4 is silenced and y somtimes it is
- not. is there wya to controll that it seems like
- when you switch to your secondary weapon and then go
- back to the m-4 it is no longer silenced!!
-
- RECON

Yeah, that is the only glitch I've had in GRIT.

I switch to another team member and back again then I get the sound. Not in the middle of a firefight though /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif , could be problems there!

Peace Through Superior Firepower