PDA

View Full Version : Online issues and issues period

Nightmare5656
07-28-2009, 03:22 AM
I bought this game on Friday night via Steam and I have to say I am extremely disappointed so far. Almost as disappointed as I am with ARMA II.

The Multi-Player is the buggiest / worst system I have ever encountered and that is saying something. I have been online gaming since Counter-Strike v1.3.

In the past 3 days, I think I have totaled maybe 2 hours of online gaming. The sad part, is the ammount of time I have spent trying to play it online outnumbers the ammount of time I have actually spent playing it. I seem to get one of multiple continuous errors.

Either, I'll be playing and get a random message saying something to the effect of "you account has been disconnected by the server". Or, I'll get a message saying that I couldn't communicate with the server. Or, it will get really creative and won't even let me sign on with my account saying that the UBI server is down.

So, I have 2 questions. First of all, has it always been like this? This game has been out for around a year, has it always been this F'd up, or is this some patch screw up that just happened to come about right around the time I bought the game?

Second question is does anybody else get a type of artifacting type thing on the screen when you press ESC, or bring up the map in single player. It's only when I play single player. It's weird. It's not an artifacting issue with my GFX card, but that is the only way I can seem to describe it. Actually, I would describe it kind of like an old movie. How you get a 1 - 2 inch solid grey bar that goes from the bottom of the screen to the top.

DKM2
07-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Grey or black bars? Updating drivers always fixed that for me.
Other wise nobody can help without posting what Video card you have and driver version.

Online? Read some of the other recent threads and youíll get an idea of whatís going on.
No, it hasn't always been like this.