lego94
07-26-2008, 08:39 AM
who do you think the servers will be run by

lego94
07-26-2008, 08:39 AM
who do you think the servers will be run by

Jorge-Fonseca
07-26-2008, 03:39 PM
my guess is that for PC version, servers will probably be run by players themselves, to later transform into dedicated servers that maybe clans pay for to play, in other words itll be like most pc multiplayer games probably

on consoles, well im guessing there will be servers hosted by ubi but idk, thats what sounds most common thesedays

Rico760
07-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok now my guess which will most likely be true.

it will be hosted by players like the last far cries.

this is because if it was hosted by ubi how are you going to share your map?

you the player hosts the game and can have his created map up for others to play on.

although they may have some ubi servers up ( i doubt)

R1ZN0
07-26-2008, 11:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rizno:
Like every other mp game... Official Servers running the generic maps.. rented servers and dedicated boxes... Just hope to goddddd they ship the game with a server.exe and a trimmed down server version of the game....

Ubi will probably end up putting a few of the more popular community maps up after a few months like they did with Far Cry.

If they are smart they'll let Cuz and Slugz run the servers and we all will be much better off that way... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hanz_h
07-27-2008, 03:29 AM
I think the thread starter meant hosting for the consoles?

Achilles

lego94
07-27-2008, 04:44 AM
yes i did mean consoles, but pc servers can be talked about as well.

Jorge-Fonseca
07-27-2008, 05:21 PM
for consoles as i said , UBI will probably maintain public servers with generic maps and maybe some custom maps down the line

I doubt that a console will be able to host a server bigger than like 8 players without lag, unless the console is dedicated server and you have awesome internet...