PDA

View Full Version : Poison in multiiplayer bugged?

Hydr4noid
11-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Why can someone still stun me after i poisoned him? Is this a bug or intended? Cause with this I don't see the point anymore in using poison at all. Poison in ACB was allways a trade, 300 points vs the risk of getting stunned after a bad approach + the risk of getting your kill stolen by someone else. you can argue that it was kind of overpowered in ACB and that it needed some kind of nerf, but this? In ACR stunning is easier then ever and poisoning someone now garantues your victim 200 extra points for stunning you. the only way you can avoid that is throwing a smoke bomb, poisoning it and then run away like crazy. this kind of destroys the whole point of poison being a stealth kill.

so to sum it up, i hope it will be fixxed so that poisoned targets can't stun anymore, cause that doesn't make sense to me at all.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-19-2011, 09:13 AM
It's intended and to be honest, completely stupid.

deadly_thought
11-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
It's intended and to be honest, completely stupid. free points for being killed without contesting the kill

Crumplecorn
11-19-2011, 09:25 AM
It's intended because it was nonsense that you couldn't stun someone obvious if they happened to get to the button before you.

Hydr4noid
11-19-2011, 09:31 AM
ok explain the sense to me please. it is nearly impossible to poison someone without him seeing a big fat b button symbol (on xbox) over my head. stunning in ACR is so easy. to poison someone you have to get even closer then a normal kill and you give your kill up for 200 points for you but on the other hand 200 points for your victim and you beeing stunned and immobile for some seconds? that doesn't make sense at all.

papartusedmcrsk
11-19-2011, 09:32 AM
It's intended and to be honest, completely stupid.

QFE

My take on poison was is was supposed to reward you for being stealthy by not giving you away to pursuers by not having the obvious animation. Well they sure nixed that.

"Oh hey here comes the Vanguard. Gotta be my target... OH WAIT I guess she was disguised as the Count kneeling on the ground with L1 over his head. Golly I'm glad Ubisoft decided to let her poisoned target stun her two seconds before they died. Hello focus grounded"

Where was my reward for being stealthy and not having an animation??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

E-Zekiel
11-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Hydr4noid:
ok explain the sense to me please. it is nearly impossible to poison someone without him seeing a big fat b button symbol (on xbox) over my head. stunning in ACR is so easy. to poison someone you have to get even closer then a normal kill and you give your kill up for 200 points for you but on the other hand 200 points for your victim and you beeing stunned and immobile for some seconds? that doesn't make sense at all.

QFG(reater)E

AVanguardLeads
11-19-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm not the biggest Poison user (I think the ability is absolute crap) but I try it out every now and then. For THREE ENTIRE MATCHES I was getting run down and chopped in the back of the head after getting my poison off. This is half the reason I don't use that ridiculous ability. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO RUN FROM MY TARGET??!! It's infuriating.

Tatterz
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
The points you're rewarded are not worth the risk of this ability. You're better off by picking another ability. Hopefully they fix Poison in a Title Update or something.

Purgeknight
11-19-2011, 03:33 PM
People really need to think of how good it feels to get a 1k kill (hidden, incog, focus, poison), I pull these quite often, the trick, NEVER GO AT YOUR TARGET HEAD ON or you will be stunned or contested (if you go for the kill), actually I keep saying this I like how I can stun (and be stunned) after being poisoned because then the person has no clue they were poisoned, if I know I am poisoned I will actively seek out one of my other pursuers to kill me, but because I can stun I don't know if I am, so I go back to a defensive stance and then stun the other pursuer, to which means that the poisoner gets all their points. Fact is now it takes more skill to use effectively instead of just giving away an extra 200 points on top of your kill, and the risk is very apparent and real now.

YourInnate
11-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I still use poison, and still get over 10k most games.

Sick of getting stunned after? Apply poison from behind. Most people have their camera facing forward, so getting them from behind means they won't see the prompt.

Still having problems? Use resistance perk. You stand up after a second and a half.

Above all else, use the times 2 loss steak. Nothing more rewarding than being stunned after poisoning someone and having that activate the loss streak. You'll be thanking the person that stunned you.

If you are STILL having problems, then I regret to inform you it is user error, not a problem with the mechanic of poison itself.

DreamcasterXL
11-19-2011, 03:57 PM
The trouble with poison as it is now is that when somebody realises they've been poisoned they look around for the nearest obvious player and figure it's you, run after you and then several seconds after you poisoned them stun you for a cheap 200 points, at least they do if they're smart.

I've no problem with a player getting a stun in on a poisoner but there should be a 1-2second limitation on it.

Metalsnake27
11-19-2011, 03:59 PM
I've found poison to be worthless now.

The main reason I used it in ACB was to take a good lead, and for variety.

Now with everything changed, you don't really need poison at all anymore. Its just a waste.

MR-SMITH1994
11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
was playing manhunt with friends we poisoned a guy he stunned the entire team then died no one wanted to kill him cuz of the poison http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

xCr0wnedNorris
11-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by sawtooth_q8:
was playing manhunt with friends

How in the deepest pits of Hell did you manage to do that?

obliviondoll
11-19-2011, 08:27 PM
If stun range wasn't about 2 - 3 times the range you can Poison at, this wouldn't be a problem.

At present, stun range and kill range are roughly the same. The stun prompt appears over the pursuer's head at about the same time the kill prompt appears over the target's head. If you stun and kill at the same time, a contested kill/honourable death happens instead of the game deciding who pushed the button first and giving them the win. If they shortened stun range, and matched the range the stun prompt appears with that shortened kill range, then most problems would be solved. This one wouldn't be entirely solved, but it would be reduced.

My main problem with Poison in ACR is that a panicky target makes it useless. They can just spin and stun everything without pause, and you WILL be stunned before you can get close enough to Poison them. No matter how good your approach, if your target is paranoid (not necessarily skilled), Poison will be worthless. At BEST, you can hope to get the kill AND be stunned for as many points as the Poison got you.

Before, Poison took skill (or a second ability slot with Mute/Smoke) to land without being stunned. Now, it takes a few tons of blind luck to even get into Poison range in the first place. High-level play WILL completely remove Poison if they don't fix things.

persiateddy95
11-19-2011, 08:33 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I still manage to run and poison without getting stunned.

sp33dd34m0n
11-19-2011, 11:05 PM
I think all you need to do is to adapt. You know about the stund range so u have to be more carefull. I usually dont get stunned since im using Mute. And even IF, I really dont care at all.

And I disagree that poison is useless. We are talking about 300pt more for a kill and u usually have an incognito or at least silent. How can someone say 300 extra points for a kill are useless? You bother about incgognito which is only 100pt more than silent and than u say that 300pts are not worth getting it?

I really dont see a problem with the poison. Its as awesome as it was before. Nothing changed here. Cant OSB? Use mute. You wont get a focus thats the only difference.

Tatterz
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I thoUght poison was 200pts, no? I just unlocked it recently do I'm not sure.
Also l when you poison, how does the incog/silent bonus work? If I poison him at silent and he dies incog, is it an incog kill?

Purgeknight
11-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by crossfadeXX:
I thoUght poison was 200pts, no? I just unlocked it recently do I'm not sure.
Also l when you poison, how does the incog/silent bonus work? If I poison him at silent and he dies incog, is it an incog kill?
Your kill will be at whatever your approach was when you landed the poison so landing it at silent will yield silent, and once you unlock ability crafting you can make it so poison gives you 300 bonus points.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Now, it takes a few tons of blind luck to even get into Poison range in the first place.

That or good ol' fashioned OSB.

Taekwonthis
11-19-2011, 11:48 PM
I would myself prefer that maybe a poisoned target didnt have such an easy time to attempt the stun after being poisoned. I do agree that it keeps them from knowing for sure they have been poisoned i can usually get away in time after poisoning from behind but it has to be on your mind when your doing it. Guess theres really no way to have both the target not know theyve been poisoned and not allow for the stun unless they got no points for their stun or only 50 points for a stun after being poisoned lets say. not completely sure i agree with giving them anything though.

I think the stun range is large enough that if i can get in that close to poison you before you have hit the button at the beginning of the stun range you probably didnt see me so catching me after the fact when i have poisoned really shouldnt give benefit to the target. just cant think of alternative where target doesnt know if they have been poisoned.

I typically dont poison anyone that has another pursuer anyway that way it wont get stolen which means doesnt matter if they know theyve been poisoned..what can they do lol. but would still be nice to not have to worry about them running around trying to get killed once they know if they did have more pursuers.

anyone have good idea as to an alternative option?

Daidarapochi
11-20-2011, 12:19 AM
I think it adds to the thrill and accomplishment if I get away without getting stunned.

obliviondoll
11-20-2011, 01:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Now, it takes a few tons of blind luck to even get into Poison range in the first place.

That or good ol' fashioned OSB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which will only work against players who don't have their own Smoke/well-placed Tripwire Bomb. Particularly with the increased delay on Smoke dropping. In that case, you're almost back where you started, but now you're MORE easily spotted.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Taekwonthis:
anyone have good idea as to an alternative option?
I keep saying it. Shorten stun (and stun prompt) range, but keep contested kill range as-is. That would mean you're only going to get caught out and stunned without the kill if your target has already picked you out AND gets lucky with the lag. And if you go for the kill, you're not as likely to have lag cheat you out of it and get you stunned. But because it still allows contested kills just as easily, it won't make the defenders feel cheated out of anything, because it will only prevent those "I shouldn't have got away with that" stuns anyway, or the "mashing stun button and hoping for the best" ones. It might ALSO make contested kills more skill-based, too, because you have to pick your pursuer more carefully.

whattafool
11-20-2011, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by YourInnate:
Above all else, use the times 2 loss steak. Nothing more rewarding than being stunned after poisoning someone and having that activate the loss streak. You'll be thanking the person that stunned you.
This. So much this.

Got a 9k DM yesterday from 4 kills because of this.

buckeyeman98
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't know about you guys but I just LOVE getting punched in the face and reading "You must be closer to poison your target"

protesticle
11-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by YourInnate:
I still use poison, and still get over 10k most games.

Sick of getting stunned after? Apply poison from behind. Most people have their camera facing forward, so getting them from behind means they won't see the prompt.

Still having problems? Use resistance perk. You stand up after a second and a half.

If you are STILL having problems, then I regret to inform you it is user error, not a problem with the mechanic of poison itself.

Why didn't you bring poison to our tourny match against cw then, oh that is right you play noobs in AC:R I almost forgot.